Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody there live in Adelaide

Anybody there live in Adelaide

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all
Default Anybody there live in Adelaide

We were originally heading for Perth, however we have family in Adelaide.

Did anybody on here go to Adelaide? If so, can you tell us how you find it?? How is the cost of living, prices of houses etc. Is it a good place to live?

Also, my husband is a bricklayer and was wondering if there would be plenty of work in Adelaide - can someone also tell us the rates of pay as well.

Any advice you could give us would be appreciated...

Regards.

Laura
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:06 pm
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anybody there live in Adelaide

Originally Posted by gordon&laura
We were originally heading for Perth, however we have family in Adelaide.

Did anybody on here go to Adelaide? If so, can you tell us how you find it?? How is the cost of living, prices of houses etc. Is it a good place to live?

Also, my husband is a bricklayer and was wondering if there would be plenty of work in Adelaide - can someone also tell us the rates of pay as well.

Any advice you could give us would be appreciated...

Regards.

Laura
Hiya Laura

We were heading to Perth too but as you we have family in Adelaide so are now heading there, will be leaving in 6 weeks so will be able to update you more but check out 'the adelaide thread' in the barbie and ask away there plenty of people already there who can answer.

All the best Paula
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paula&lee
Hiya Laura

We were heading to Perth too but as you we have family in Adelaide so are now heading there, will be leaving in 6 weeks so will be able to update you more but check out 'the adelaide thread' in the barbie and ask away there plenty of people already there who can answer.

All the best Paula
Thanks Paula - I'll have a sneeky peek at that! Perth sounds fab - but we are a bit worried that it'll be just as expensive as here - and that we would fall into our old UK regime of work, work, work.

I wouldnt mind working part time in Oz. Property seems to be a bit cheaper too.

We just arent sure what to do. Definately keep in touch!

Laura
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Paula - I'll have a sneeky peek at that! Perth sounds fab - but we are a bit worried that it'll be just as expensive as here - and that we would fall into our old UK regime of work, work, work.

I wouldnt mind working part time in Oz. Property seems to be a bit cheaper too.

We just arent sure what to do. Definately keep in touch!

Laura

Oh and one other thing - we will be leaving on 3 July - that's for definate - no matter where we go - Adelaide or Perth!!!! We might not be that long after you!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice

We've lived in Melbourne for the past 8 months but we're headed for Adelaide next week
try http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/ website as it's specific to ex pats in adelaide.
Good Luck
Old Apr 4th 2007, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

laidbackfreak is a jewel in the roughlaidbackfreak is a jewel in the roughlaidbackfreak is a jewel in the roughlaidbackfreak is a jewel in the rough

from the time (6 weeks) we spent there on our reccie we found house prices cheaper (ish) in adelaide than perth but still plenty of work to be found...
they've also got a couple of major building projects in the pipeline so shouldnt be too hard to frind work there......
Old Apr 4th 2007, 4:35 am
Just Joined

Just Lisa will become famous soon enoughJust Lisa will become famous soon enough

I live in Adelaide, went to Perth when we arrived but preferred Adelaide as we thought we had a better chance at affording a house etc.

Jobs not as well paid as Perth obviously but I just didn't like Perth, not for us, too spread out and where we could afford just felt like the middle of no where.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Oh and one other thing - we will be leaving on 3 July - that's for definate - no matter where we go - Adelaide or Perth!!!! We might not be that long after you!
We're off to Adelaide next month.Just wanted to say I love your piccie of the dog in the hat - sooooo cute.
Nick