Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody in Sutherland, Miranda, Cronulla area for a meet up?

Anybody in Sutherland, Miranda, Cronulla area for a meet up?

Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Anybody in Sutherland, Miranda, Cronulla area for a meet up?

Hi guys – we arrived two months ago and are pretty much settling in. We’re conscious that despite joining a Bush Walking Club and doing some other stuff we are not really meeting new friends.

Are you in the same boat or do you just fancy having a drink and a change of company?

Now I’m fully aware of the Sydney Thursday night meet ups, but neither Thursday nights nor Sydney City Centre are particularly suitable for us.

So we wondered if anybody is interested in arranging a meeting in Sutherland Shire? I’m thinking somewhere in the middle like Gymea or Miranda and in a pub or club that’s near to the railway line. I’m also thinking Friday or Saturday night, or even a Saturday day time when the pub would be quieter and kids could come along.

Or there’s the option for a meet up at one of the BBQ spots in the Royal National Park – but then that means people have to drive.

Any suggestion on how this idea could be developed?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody in Sutherland, Miranda, Cronulla area for a meet up?

Anyone?
Old Nov 15th 2007, 10:48 am
Just Joined

jobarron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Roger, if you can wait until July 08 then I'll be you both a drink. we used to live in Lilli Pilli until 18 months ago but will return for good next year! and hope to be in the same area (thus same schools for kids 12 & 15) I'm sure by then you'll have a full social calender and plenty of people to drink with .... but I know it's pretty hard to break into the Aussie groups.
Good luck.
jo.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks...I'll hold you to that!