Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody out there in Berkshire?

Anybody out there in Berkshire?

Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:40 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Anybody out there in Berkshire?

Hi,

Yesterday somebody mentioned that as the Portsmouth meet up was so successful, then other meets should be organised.

So, is anybody close to Berkshire interested in meeting up somewhere?

Jane
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:04 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

I take it that there's no one out there nearby?

Either that or nobody wants to meet me!

Jane
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:09 am
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JaneandJim
I take it that there's no one out there nearby?

Either that or nobody wants to meet me!

Jane
Sorry we're in Kent.
My wifes from Woodley though. What stage are you at.

What plans have you made?
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:22 am
Born to be ignored

Hi Darren,

We're just waiting to go now. Jim promised his boss he'd work till the end of the year, which is a good thing really, as there's a strong possibility that he can carry on working for the same company from Australia.

The house was sold at the end of September and we're renting a poky little flat in the meantime. We're flying out to Brisbane on the 3rd January. We've got a hotel booked for the first couple of weeks and hopefully we'll find somewhere to live in that time. We've got a couple of areas earmarked but we won't know what they're really like till we get there.

My boy, Joseph, will be 10 when we go, so a good school is the deciding factor.

Still got the cars and the parrot to sell, but we need the cars until just before Christmas. Everything else is packed up in storage. I miss my dishwasher!

Anybody want to buy a parrot?

Jane
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Will&Rosie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jane & Jim,

We're over in Bucks (High Wycombe) so not that far from you. We're heading for Brisbane early next year Jan/Feb. We'd be up for a meet up.

Rosie
Old Nov 6th 2003, 12:28 pm
Born to be ignored

Originally posted by Will&Rosie
Hi Jane & Jim,

We're over in Bucks (High Wycombe) so not that far from you. We're heading for Brisbane early next year Jan/Feb. We'd be up for a meet up.

Rosie
Hi Rosie,

Looks like it could be just us!

We fly out on 3rd January, and we are Jane, Jim and Joseph, who's 9.

I'll leave it for a few days to see if anybody else replies, then we'll sort something out.

Jane
Old Nov 7th 2003, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Oxfordshire, to the Out Laws in Bucks, to Cleveland in Brisbane
josiejo1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Will&Rosie
Hi Jane & Jim,

Rosie

Ooh, we used to live in Wycombe, moved to Oxfordshire and when and if the blinking house sells we'll be moving back to Wycombe to live with my Husband's parents!!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Hi Rosie,

Looks like it could be just us!

We fly out on 3rd January, and we are Jane, Jim and Joseph, who's 9.

I'll leave it for a few days to see if anybody else replies, then we'll sort something out.

Jane
Hi Jane,

It's just Will and I - no kids, but we are child friendly!
We're away next weekend & out for the day on 6th Dec, but apart from that anytime is convenient with us. Whereabouts in Berkshire are you?

Rosie
Old Nov 7th 2003, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by josiejo1974
Ooh, we used to live in Wycombe, moved to Oxfordshire and when and if the blinking house sells we'll be moving back to Wycombe to live with my Husband's parents!!
We're in the same boat, although we only put the house on the market this week - last minute renovations took alot longer to complete than we thought (three months longer!) As soon as the house is sold we'll be moving in with my parents too (also in Wycombe).

Good luck with your house sale. Feel free to give us a shout when you get back to Wycombe!

Rosie
Old Nov 7th 2003, 11:59 am
Born to be ignored

Hi Rosie,

We're in Crowthorne and I've had an email from somebody else in Sandhurst who's thinking about emigrating who'd like to come along. I'm thinking Maidenhead might be a good place to meet, as that's about halfway. Don't know whereabouts in Maidenhead though, any suggestions?

Jane
Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rosie,

We're in Crowthorne and I've had an email from somebody else in Sandhurst who's thinking about emigrating who'd like to come along. I'm thinking Maidenhead might be a good place to meet, as that's about halfway. Don't know whereabouts in Maidenhead though, any suggestions?

Jane

Hi Jane,

I don't know Maidenhead very well, but my sister lives there so I'll ask her over the weekend if she can recommend anywhere

Rosie
Old Nov 7th 2003, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Live in Ashford (middx) and work in Slough, not for much longer i hope, but if we are would like to meet up as well.Adelaide bound!!!
Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:48 pm
Born to be ignored

How about Saturday 22nd November, somewhere near Maidenhead, venue to be decided?

There is a nice pub in Holyport, but I can't remember what its called. Yell.com comes up with a few.

Its probably best to choose somewhere we can drive to and park nearby which is also child friendly.

Let me know if this date is suitable and any suggestions on venue.

Jane
Old Nov 10th 2003, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jane,

22nd November is fine with us. Nice pub in Holyport sounds like a great idea! Let us know the name nearer the date & a time and we'll be there.

Look forward to meeting you

Rosie