Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody lost their Aussie License due to points? 7 and counting for me

Wikiposts

Anybody lost their Aussie License due to points? 7 and counting for me

Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anybody lost their Aussie License due to points? 7 and counting for me

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Am sure I will get shot down for this but anyway.... Have any of you considered sticking to the speed limit whatever country you are in. That way you won't get points or fines. Just a thought

I AGREE WITH YOU....LIKE WOW...and i am sure we are not alone!

..blame this and blame that!!! but how about looking at the SPEED limit..and doing it...sheeesh~~~~~~~.the speed zones are there for a reason....i am new to driving in Canada and i can say there is NO way i will be speeding...who would want to risk being fined and losing their licence in the first place...let alone...have an accident and seriously hurt some innocent person through their actions of breaking the law....shoot me down if you want..i don't care.....go to the hospitals and see the victims of people who have been hurt by speeding drivers!

All i have read on here is people worried about the points on their licence and the revenue that is being pulled in...maybe if people didn't speed in the first place...they wouldn't be so up on it...in other words so strict. You are new to Australia...there is a reason for the strict speeding zones.....OUR children have been getting killed..and we are wanting to teach them and show them..the correct and safe way to drive..and also.>>>. SPEED does kill.....SO PLEASE slow down~~~~~~~~~~~Safe speeding....there is NO such thing....
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:18 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody lost their Aussie License due to points? 7 and counting for me

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Am sure I will get shot down for this but anyway.... Have any of you considered sticking to the speed limit whatever country you are in. That way you won't get points or fines. Just a thought

hi moneypen how you doing??

It's a good thought of yours but even if your speedometer is working within the legal requirements and shows you are doing under the speed limit, you may actually be just over. So for example, In Victoria at least your speedo has to be acurate to within 10% of the actual speed that it reads, yet you will get $128 fine for doing 85kmh in a 80kmh zone even if your speedometer reads just under 80kmh and is working within legal requirements!!

NJJ

PS - the M4 speed cameras I referred to earlier only catch people doing about 8mph or more over the speed limit which is almost 13kmh leeway.