Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody landed a job in Oz from UK

Anybody landed a job in Oz from UK

Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Mr Brightside is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody landed a job in Oz from UK

I was wondering if anybody had actually managed to get a job over in OZ and get sponsored while they were still in the UK. If so, how did you go about it - internet??

Thanks
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:22 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anybody landed a job in Oz from UK

Originally Posted by Mr Brightside
I was wondering if anybody had actually managed to get a job over in OZ and get sponsored while they were still in the UK. If so, how did you go about it - internet??

Thanks
Think it depends what line of work your in, I'm a nurse and easily got a job and sponsorship while in the UK but there are other professions who seem to struggle. Internet is a good place to start, I sent loads of emails to possible employers....no harm in trying.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:57 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

What is your occupation?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by claire edwards
What is your occupation?
Depends on the trade I guess.

Medical profession are in demand - even some teachers might get offers but depends on subject and location.

Bezza
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:28 am
skye

We both had interviews last week in London (in the med profession) just waiting confirmation in writing, go for our meds on friday for the visa which has been ok'd by our future employer to frontload!

Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, I work in IT and got recruited from the UK and sponsored by my new employer.I know quite a few people in IT that have got over here this way. It all came about through an internet job site.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:20 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

OH was headhunted in the UK - he works in the media
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yanH
Hi, I work in IT and got recruited from the UK and sponsored by my new employer.I know quite a few people in IT that have got over here this way. It all came about through an internet job site.
My role is not pure IT but I would classify it as IT/Analyst.

Which Job Site(s) did you look on if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

I initially found it on Jobserve. The advert was posted by an Australian Agency called Professional Recruitment Australia their website is www.prorecruit.com.au.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yanH
I initially found it on Jobserve. The advert was posted by an Australian Agency called Professional Recruitment Australia their website is www.prorecruit.com.au.
Thanks for that!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

I've signed a job offer that i have from OZ.

Just need to wait and see what the situation is with a visa now.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:47 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going over on sponsored visa also, OH looked at different companies in his current profession, the one he has gone for is also based here in the Uk with a worldwide presence.

C
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wullieb1
I've signed a job offer that i have from OZ.

Just need to wait and see what the situation is with a visa now.
Our visas took about 4 weeks, including having the medicals done, from this point. I suppose it depends on how quick your employers are at getting the paper work in and mine were very quick
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

That's what happened with us.

An ex-work-colleague of my husband's (from when they worked in Harlow, UK, together) phoned him up in mid-November 2005 asking him if he wanted to work with him over here in Sydney! DH got offered the job beginning of December (had an interview at the London office of the company), we had our xrays on c21 January and DD had her medical a few days later.

Our visas were granted on 4 February 2006 and we left the UK on 12 Feb!

That was on the near-as-dammit-useless 457 visa (4yr sponsored employee). With hindsight we should have pushed for a PR one and will be asking his work to cover the costs of converting it later this year as financially we would be miles better off on the PR visa.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TillyG
That was on the near-as-dammit-useless 457 visa (4yr sponsored employee). With hindsight we should have pushed for a PR one and will be asking his work to cover the costs of converting it later this year as financially we would be miles better off on the PR visa.
Agree with you on the useless 457 as we are also here on one. You really are basically a second class of person when you are on one of these as far as the Australian State is concerned. Although you still pay tax like anybody else you are not entitled to use public services and have to pay through the nose for translators to send your kids to school even though they speak english and don't need them In spite of that given the same choice again I would still choose to come here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.