Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody flown with Emirates to Brisbane

Anybody flown with Emirates to Brisbane

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future
Question Anybody flown with Emirates to Brisbane

Been looking at flights with Emirates to Brisbane and its says they are 3 flights of just over 7 hours each , with a couple of hours at Dubai airport, then on to singapore is this just for re-fueling or are you allowed off the plane , when it stops at singapore, think we fancy this flight as it breaks up the long 13 hour flight that most other airlines offer, any body know of any other airlines that break up the flight like this ?
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:59 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody flown with Emirates to Brisbane

usually when you stop of for re fuelling there is a 1hour 30 mins break where you get to go into the airport get a shower, coffee, presents whatever and then get back on the plane
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

cockneychris is an unknown quantity at this point

I flew Emirates last year from Gatwick and found them very good.
Yes it is broken up to 3 legs with and hour or so at Dubai and Singapore.
Flew the direct way as well with Qantasand but found that 12/13 hour leg exhausting.
Good thing with Emirates i found was the Duabai-Sing leg was half empty so you could stretch out on a row!!
Excellent service and entertainment-we are going with them again in August for my migration!!!
Cheers.
Chris.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hazel T
Been looking at flights with Emirates to Brisbane and its says they are 3 flights of just over 7 hours each , with a couple of hours at Dubai airport, then on to singapore is this just for re-fueling or are you allowed off the plane , when it stops at singapore, think we fancy this flight as it breaks up the long 13 hour flight that most other airlines offer, any body know of any other airlines that break up the flight like this ?

We're going back to UK with Emirates next month so can't help you yet. We did choose them because they were cheap but also because of the 2 stops - I hate the 13/14 hour stretch. Have flown with Gulf Air 4 years ago and they also do the 2 stops - Singapore (I think) and Bahrain or Abu Dhabi - would quite happily fly with them again.

Julie
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:33 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Hello,

I did Gatwick to Brisbane with Emirates, and can't fault them, the reason i chose this flight was simply the shorter flying sectors, i.e: you stop twice but each sector of the flight is around 7 hours.

As a student pilot i love flying, but being stuck inside a plane for 14 hours as a passenger with nothing to do is big no for me, i hate it.

Anyway going back to Emirates, i had the pleasure of being upgraded to business on the Gatwick-Dubai sector and well what can i say? Perfect This leg was on the Airbus330.

Dubai-Singapore and Singapore Brisbane was on Boeing B777-300 Economy, i have no complaints whatsoever, food was brilliant, cabin crew very attentive and you have a great Ent. system on board in terms of movies, music and games , on the way back to london i just kept listening to James blunt album Well it's sad when you have to leave your partner and son behind, anyway the only negative bit was that Emirates on their B777's use a configuration of 10 passengers a breast (3x4x3 so a bit cramp) this multi engine aircraft takes almost the same number of passengers as a B747 :scared:

But still Emirates is my choice, i have joined their Frequent Flyer programme, now i have enough air miles for a couple of flights on Business

Last edited by Boomerang; Feb 24th 2006 at 7:36 am.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:41 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0834110/M/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0994814/M/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0979477/M/
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:42 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

....just don't expect to have your luggage with you at the other end
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
....just don't expect to have your luggage with you at the other end
.......or to have polite service while on the ground in Dubai.......
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:05 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
.......or to have polite service while on the ground in Dubai.......

....or want to save yourself from crippling back pain from the *lumbar support* seats....
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:04 am
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I'll fly with emirates to Sydney. Dubai-Sydney Airbus A 340, non-stop.
All of my friends told me emirates are ok!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:14 am
G'day Mate

Dubai Service was Ok just like any other airline, in terms of luggage on the way to Brisbane, no probs and on the way back to London my bag was left in Dubai due to a system failure so they said, but was pretty efficient it arrived on a later flight (same day) and delivered on following day.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:26 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Dubai Service was Ok just like any other airline, in terms of luggage on the way to Brisbane, no probs and on the way back to London my bag was left in Dubai due to a system failure so they said, but was pretty efficient it arrived on a later flight (same day) and delivered on following day.

Ahhh yes, the old 'system failure' excuse. Basically, Emirates are renowned for leaving piles of luggage on the runway at Dubai. It happened to us on the way back from Brisbane, and to others on our flight both on the way out, and on the way back, and I've heard the same story from many others.

We were reunited with our luggage 3 days later. Luckily we were staying with family in Reading, because if we'd gone home, we'd have to have paid the courier to bring it to us, or returned to the airport to collect it.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hi.

We move to the Sunshine Coast just over 3mths ago, we did Manchester- Dubai - Singapore to Brisbane with Emirates, the 7hr flights are really good you get off the plane for all 3 flights its a good idea to stretch your legs.

Good luck with everything, we got a good deal on the Emirates flight with Xpedia.com

Paula.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

DJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant future

I thoroughtly recommend Emirates. We flew with them in November, and they were great. They have the best economy service of all th eairlines I have used including BA, Qantas, Singapore and Thai. The 3 7 hour legs are a real help, and it is even better if you can break the journey with a few days in Singapore.

DJMA