Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is anybody else seeing "signs"???? ;o)

Is anybody else seeing "signs"???? ;o)

Old Apr 11th 2005, 11:48 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is anybody else seeing "signs"???? ;o)

Everywhere I seem to go lately both me & hubby are seeing signs that are more & more pointing towards Australia!

Here are some of the things that we have seen so far:

1. I bought a picture frame & it was by a company called "Ashmore" which is also the name of the suburb on the Gold Coast we are headed for

2. We have done a search on realestate.com.au & the first house to come up was on "Fitzwilliam Street" - my hubby was born & raised in Fitzwilliam, West Yorkshire....

3. I keep seeing cars bought from "Inchcape Cars" - my mum used to live on "Inchcape Court" in Ashmore on the Gold Coast.......

There are a few others too.... but does anybody else know what I mean????
LOL
Old Apr 11th 2005, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anybody else seeing "signs"???? ;o)

Not to burst your bubble, but it's a bit like when you go to see a psychic and you want to believe everything they tell you.

You suddenly start 'seeing' the things they told you...

My idea is that you are so happy to be going to Oz that you coincidentally happen to be seing things which remind you...

It's also a bit like when you get a new car and you never saw one on the road before and suddenly there are heaps of the same model and colour on the road...

Enjoy the ride...you'll be here soon enough. x
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:11 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: Is anybody else seeing "signs"???? ;o)

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Everywhere I seem to go lately both me & hubby are seeing signs that are more & more pointing towards Australia!

1. I bought a picture frame & it was by a company called "Ashmore" which is also the name of the suburb on the Gold Coast we are headed for

2. We have done a search on realestate.com.au & the first house to come up was on "Fitzwilliam Street" - my hubby was born & raised in Fitzwilliam, West Yorkshire....

3. I keep seeing cars bought from "Inchcape Cars" - my mum used to live on "Inchcape Court" in Ashmore on the Gold Coast.......

LOL
Could you give me your Lottery numbers for Wednesday please. You never know.........just think about winning it and spending all that money in Oz, your bound to win the jackpot ! ! !

LOL,

R.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:15 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I know exactly what you mean. I see and hear so many references to Australia now that apparently weren't there before.

I also agree with steandleigh PhD
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:18 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
I know exactly what you mean. I see and hear so many references to Australia now that apparently weren't there before.

Same here, probably just because I am more "aware" of it, but strange nonetheless.

The wierdest thing is that when we were going to go to Adelaide there wasnt one programme about Adelaide - now we've decided on Perth all the progs seem to be about Adelaide!! :scared:
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

I think i know what you mean but i thik its because you are looking for signs....in perth last year.... took a wrong turning and went into "Arnott street"....my name...eating some crackers the other night...make Arnott's....even the kitchen roll has kangaroo's on....i think we just want to go to Oz
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:19 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

LOL
Absolutely! Must be something in the water at the moment. We live in Mill Lane - and our in-laws in Sydney live in Mills Lane. (Let's ignore the fact that they have lived there for about four years already......it MUST be a sign)

Also, went shopping and picked up some smellies made by a company called somthing & Asquith, Asquith being the name of the suburb in Sydney where our in-laws live. Also disgustingly expensive, just like Asquith!

These signs are everywhere.....you just have to look!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:24 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: Is anybody else seeing "signs"???? ;o)

Originally Posted by Steve2438
I think i know what you mean but i thik its because you are looking for signs....in perth last year.... took a wrong turning and went into "Arnott street"....my name...eating some crackers the other night...make Arnott's....even the kitchen roll has kangaroo's on....i think we just want to go to Oz
Your the first person I have seen with the name Arnott, Arnott Street, cool.

R.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:29 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Claire

Hope you are all well.

Sorry about this, and dont hold it against me but I do have to agree with steandleigh (PhD I believe).

I wish all the signs were positive reinforcement in our deicsion to move to Oz, but I suspect that it is indeed nothing more than that which is uppermost in our minds becoming much more visual in our everyday lives.

Cheers and look forward to seeing you all in Peterborough, G

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Not to burst your bubble, but it's a bit like when you go to see a psychic and you want to believe everything they tell you.

You suddenly start 'seeing' the things they told you...

My idea is that you are so happy to be going to Oz that you coincidentally happen to be seing things which remind you...

It's also a bit like when you get a new car and you never saw one on the road before and suddenly there are heaps of the same model and colour on the road...

Enjoy the ride...you'll be here soon enough. x
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Just to confirm...there's No PhD here...just been there, done that, got the DejaVu!!!!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:33 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsb
Hi Claire

Hope you are all well.

Sorry about this, and dont hold it against me but I do have to agree with steandleigh (PhD I believe).

I wish all the signs were positive reinforcement in our deicsion to move to Oz, but I suspect that it is indeed nothing more than that which is uppermost in our minds becoming much more visual in our everyday lives.

Cheers and look forward to seeing you all in Peterborough, G
G

BAH HUMBUG!

"Belouis Some" said it well in the 80's...... Imagination....... hehehehe

Love ya!
Claire
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:35 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

G

BAH HUMBUG!

Love ya!
Claire
Oooh, love 80s music me!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:35 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Just to confirm...there's No PhD here...just been there, done that, got the DejaVu!!!!
You should have kept quiet, I think we had everybody fooled
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

and not forgetting of course that "Signs" is a Mel Gibson film!!!! :scared:
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

G

BAH HUMBUG!

Love ya!
Claire
i used to love that record!!! god im such a muppet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.