Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anybody else completely lacking motivation at work??

Anybody else completely lacking motivation at work??

Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:22 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody else completely lacking motivation at work??

Originally Posted by busterboy
yes but graham...have you been anoraky enough to check out coles and safeways internet supermarkets yet....just of interest of course!
Yes and I couldn't believe the price of bananas LOL
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:24 pm

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Downies
you can tell he has never migrated before - this is my fourth time!!! (UK to Norway, Norway to Sweden and back again then Norway to UK).
Blimey Paula - You've been around LOL

This must almost be boring to you now

Graham

PS - Good job on getting your visa so quickly - I'm not bitter and twisted about it LOL
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by raven
Its like groundhog day just waiting waiting waiting
..... and waiting and waiting and

Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northerner
..... and waiting and waiting and

And more and more
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

I *WISH* I had the luxury of lacking motivation at work. We got VISA's through in August and despite us only having a 1 month notice period we told work immediately of our intention to leave to give them enough time to replace us. Actual work leaving date is 27th October so they got alomost 3 months notice. Since then I have been given all new projects that have come in (I am a project manager) and my boss said he is not going to let me wind down but instead work me like a dog until the day I leave ;o)

He said it in a friendly way but the net result is the same! Roll on 27th October.....
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:40 pm
careful what you wish 4

dougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud of

We're waiting for our visa to come through (hopefully).

Completely, and I mean completely lacking motivation at work - can't concentrate, can't be bothered doing anything, spend too much time checking BE/looking at where to live/booking trips (I kid you not) - just want to go NOW!!!!!

The wait is killing me.... Anybody else in the same boat???

graham
don`t really drink , but a 3.00 o`clock beer (rather worryingly) seems to work ....
Old Sep 12th 2006, 2:44 pm
I'm driving me nuts

The Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud of

I spent most of the day rewriting my CV for a job I saw advertised. I can't believe how many millions I've saved our company, I'm sure it would be bankrupt without me
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:17 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I completely lack motivation for work (hence me being on BE at 1.15 am when I have to get up for work in the morning). But I'm not sure that same shit shinier bucket is what you want to hear, right?
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie George
I completely lack motivation for work (hence me being on BE at 1.15 am when I have to get up for work in the morning). But I'm not sure that same shit shinier bucket is what you want to hear, right?
Yeah yeah I know LOL

Heard it a thousand times . It's just very difficult to concentrate at work whilst waiting to get into your bucket

Graham

Last edited by northerner; Sep 12th 2006 at 3:30 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

angipipsqueak is a jewel in the roughangipipsqueak is a jewel in the roughangipipsqueak is a jewel in the roughangipipsqueak is a jewel in the rough

Hey Graham,

We could be on the same flight in October. I've got no motivation at work, but at the minute have no motivation at home as well. Our house sale is going through, should be organising packers only taking a few bits so just going as excess baggage, but I haven't done it yet. Have a list as ling as my arm of things to do. But no I decided to come on here and read everyone's posts. I need to get my arse in gear.

By the way hope your boss doesn't look at your postings on here. he'll probably give you more work to do.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:37 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah yeah I know LOL

Heard it a thousand times . It's just very difficult to concentrate at work whilst waiting to get into your bucket

Graham

Fairy snuff.

So long as you know my bucket doesn't have air con or central heating, you'll be right, mate.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Completely, and I mean completely lacking motivation at work - can't concentrate, can't be bothered doing anything, spend too much time checking BE/looking at where to live/booking trips (I kid you not) - just want to go NOW!!!!!

graham
Hi, Exactly the same situation with us. We are waiting for the visa to come through. Have sold the house to a friend as we want to move regardless. Move into rented in three weeks, so glad the house is sorted.
Dont intend on moving until after our son has done his GCSE's next June, but its the waiting for the visa which is soooooo awful. I am the same regarding work, cant get motivated, full time just seems too much now?!!!
Cant get motivated to do anything at all. Spend far too much time on Expats and research areas and fantasize over houses we could buy!!!!!!
I am sure the blood pressure is hugely elevated now!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck, heres to hearing soon! J and J
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

nadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nice

graham
Me and hubby feel the same. We were up front with our employers from the start because of references. Now we have validated our visas and house is on market we feel in limbo and have lost interest in our jobs. I am actually gonna be training my replacement next month! Hubby doesn't get offered overtime or courses anymore. It's hard to stay motivated when all you want to do is leave the country!
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Fairy snuff.

So long as you know my bucket doesn't have air con or central heating, you'll be right, mate.
Off to bed with you!!!
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:56 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Off to bed with you!!!

I only have a demotivating, boring job to get to. What's the point?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.