Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any time of year good to lodge application

Wikiposts

any time of year good to lodge application

Old Aug 24th 2003, 12:41 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default any time of year good to lodge application

just wondering if anybody knows of any trends as to when if any good time to lodge application.

does AHC etc shut down for christmas and therefore slow down the whole process or would they try to clear as much cases through

be interested to see if anybody has any experiences of this?
Old Aug 24th 2003, 1:16 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any time of year good to lodge application

Originally posted by seang
just wondering if anybody knows of any trends as to when if any good time to lodge application.

does AHC etc shut down for christmas and therefore slow down the whole process or would they try to clear as much cases through

be interested to see if anybody has any experiences of this?
We posted ours just before Christmas they received it on the 23 Dec 2002 we received acknowledgement and the visa was debited about 6 weeks later. Still waiting though
Sean
Old Aug 24th 2003, 2:21 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

thanks cresta

mind me asking what cat. you applied under?
Old Aug 24th 2003, 4:48 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks cresta

mind me asking what cat. you applied under?
Sean,
Skilled independent cat.,
Checkout the timeline site for other applicants details. Register yourself and you can search through many types and draw your own conclusions as to the speed of processing. My view is that it's a lottery, we're just sitting patiently and not ringing Adelaide every 5 mins, you never know as someone posted on the other thread "piss off" the case officer and you could end up at the bottom of the pile. Also, re the agents quicker thread, we were told [by our agent] that one of the reasons processing was moved from London to Adelaide was "to prevent the cultivation of case officers by disreputable agents" I suspect a little poetic licence, but, there could be a grain of truth in it.
Sean
http://www.austimeline.com/index.jsp
Old Aug 24th 2003, 7:26 pm
small steps long journey

many thanks

i think there may be more than just a grain of truth in it.

sorry to keep questioning -am i right in thinking you lodged in uk but processing takes place in Adelaide?

thanks again
Old Aug 24th 2003, 9:00 pm

many thanks

i think there may be more than just a grain of truth in it.

sorry to keep questioning -am i right in thinking you lodged in uk but processing takes place in Adelaide?

thanks again
No we applied after the processing had been transferred to Adelaide. Our application went straight to Adelaide, prior to that some applications were transferred some stayed in London, these people have waited months sometimes years. Do a search on this forum I think Mash had a list of deferred applicants.
Sean