Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any thoughts on returning?

View Poll Results: Any thoughts on returning?
Often, I stay because I have to.....
16.98%
Sometimes, I stay because I want to....
35.85%
Never, this is HOME.
50.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Any thoughts on returning?

Old Mar 31st 2005, 10:00 am
wombat42

Default Re: Any thoughts on returning?

Originally Posted by kath n kim
Yep, even you Wombat42!!
On this forum l have been called by various posters a, " Saddo, wanker, idiot, moron, Lard arse, Lard Gay Boy, Redneck, ignoramous, ignorant, having the IQ
of a Wombat, racist, homophope, clown, a very strange fellow, areshole and so many other nasty names l can't remember, but being called "inherently good" is the worst insult of them all.

Old Mar 31st 2005, 10:01 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
On this forum l have been called by various posters a, " Saddo, wanker, idiot, moron, Lard arse, Lard Gay Boy, Redneck, ignoramous, ignorant, having the IQ
of a Wombat, racist, homophope, clown, a very strange fellow, areshole and so many other nasty names l can't remember, but being called "inherently good" is the worst insult of them all.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Merlot
I have to say a fantasic thread!!!! I feel for your situation at the moment, been there.

I have been back 12 months, my Dad is about to re-marry this weekend and we have 195 people attending, mix of close family, life long friends, people that have known me since before I was born and some new faces.

I can't wait for that , this is what it is all about, I would have died of a broken heart if I could not share this day (or the run up with its stresses and fights)and sure that if I flew Oz to Uk, I would have not wanted to come back!!! The other side of that to is that my Dad could not give me away in Australia, so this is very important for me.

Basically, if my life came to an end now, I can honestly say I am surrounded by those that count, I would not be saying "Geez, what a fabulous Beamer I have on the drive".

Good luck
Merlot
Thanks for that Merlot, it's always good to hear of someone who feels the same. It's good to hear that you are enjoying your time back in the U.K and lovely to hear of your Father's forthcoming wedding. Those are the moments and memories which are precious and priceless. You must be so excited.
Have a wonderful time, and best wishes to your father!
Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by wombat42
Old Apr 1st 2005, 2:11 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
No thoughts of returning at all but we have only been here for less than 5 months so it is early days I suppose.

Additionally DIMIA could decide for us as we are on a temp visa.

Same here pasty man. Hopefully we will never have to go back, but If we did have to, we would probably move to Spain and not back to England.

We have only been here just over 2 months, but have settled in perfectly and have a new car, house, our doggie here etc.....I have got a job and hope to finish my studies here. Jonathan loves his new job and the more laid back life style!

We have met lots of new friends and even tho they are not like and cannot be compared our old friends back in UK we have had lots of good nights out with them and they call us for chats etc......in fact we have a busier social life here than we did in the UK, think its because we make more of an effort here.

We havent for one minute even missed the UK, and regularly talk on messenger to all our pals there.

However, The only thing that worries me is my parents, when they get old,or if they get ill how will i cope then?????

They are comming out for our wedding next year so hopefully they will like it so much here and want to stay and then I will try and sell my house in UK and use the money for a parents visa, to get them out here.....

Ideally we would love to stay here for ever and get Citizanship, then if at anystage we do need to return to the UK because of parents, at least we know it will only be temp and we can always come back home to Aus.....

Laura
xxx