Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any teachers?what evidence of employment experience did u give?

Any teachers?what evidence of employment experience did u give?

Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice
Default Any teachers?what evidence of employment experience did u give?

I am new to this and at the moment, i am trying to get all my documents together, to get them certified, however AEI-NOOSR (the skills assessors for teaching) ask for evidence of employment from graduation to present. My problem is, that i have been on supply teaching for some of this period, and the only records i have are payslips.

Does anybody know if this would be acceptable? What documents did u provide to show ur entire employment history?

Also, do u know if u register with state teaching governing bodies on arrival in Oz or before ur skills assessment ad visa application is sent to be assessed?

Thanks for ur time and advice on replying, lisa x
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Any teachers?what evidence of employment experience did u give?

[QUOTE=lisas]I am new to this and at the moment, i am trying to get all my documents together, to get them certified, however AEI-NOOSR (the skills assessors for teaching) ask for evidence of employment from graduation to present. My problem is, that i have been on supply teaching for some of this period, and the only records i have are payslips.

Lisa,
I am also a supply teacher. I have an advantage that I have continued to work in the same school under various roles. For supply teaching you are required to have worked 20 hours per week for 12 out of the last 18 months. You can apply to your LEA for a copy of the work you have done. If in a situation where you are based in one school, get the head teacher to write a letter relating to the hours you have worked. The hours shown for each day worked should also include any preparation and marking time.
As for your other question I haven't looked into this as yet so sorry I can't help there.
When gathering your qualifications I found the GTC very helpful in providing evidence of my teacher qualifications and the fact that I am registered with them.
Your university will be fine organising your full transcripts of your degree, mine took a while as they had changed from hand written to computer records. One question, did you do the four year B.Ed or degree and PGCE? as a few people have had trouble with doing the three year course as the hours served are less than the Aussie equivalent.
Wish you the best of luck with your application.
Sasha
Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice

[QUOTE=chr1sarter]
Originally Posted by lisas
I am new to this and at the moment, i am trying to get all my documents together, to get them certified, however AEI-NOOSR (the skills assessors for teaching) ask for evidence of employment from graduation to present. My problem is, that i have been on supply teaching for some of this period, and the only records i have are payslips.

Lisa,
I am also a supply teacher. I have an advantage that I have continued to work in the same school under various roles. For supply teaching you are required to have worked 20 hours per week for 12 out of the last 18 months. You can apply to your LEA for a copy of the work you have done. If in a situation where you are based in one school, get the head teacher to write a letter relating to the hours you have worked. The hours shown for each day worked should also include any preparation and marking time.
As for your other question I haven't looked into this as yet so sorry I can't help there.
When gathering your qualifications I found the GTC very helpful in providing evidence of my teacher qualifications and the fact that I am registered with them.
Your university will be fine organising your full transcripts of your degree, mine took a while as they had changed from hand written to computer records. One question, did you do the four year B.Ed or degree and PGCE? as a few people have had trouble with doing the three year course as the hours served are less than the Aussie equivalent.
Sasha
Thx, for your reply, I did do the four year B.Ed, so hopefully will be fine.

We are not sure where to end up living, as we have spent a bit of time living in sydney, when we were travelling and loved it. we went back at christmas, still loved it, but not sure how we could afford to live there, so we are thinking of perth or brisbane,.What made you choose perth, we are going in the summer to take a look at it, we have heard alot of positives about it.

lisax
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Does anybody know if this would be acceptable? What documents did u provide to show ur entire employment history?

Also, do u know if u register with state teaching governing bodies on arrival in Oz or before ur skills assessment ad visa application is sent to be assessed?

Thanks for ur time and advice on replying, lisa x

Lisa

You just need a statement of facts about who you worked for, how long you worked for them, (they use the same terms in Oz, full time (1.0), part time (0.6) etc), what your duties were and if you had any leave of absence.

What I'd do is write out everything you want each of you employers to say and ask them to put it on headed note paper. I know that this is a pain, especially if you have been in loads of places. As long as it covers the required 12 months in the past 18. It is essential.

I've PMd the one that I had and which was accepted by NOOSR, fortunately I worked in the one place. All your letters will be the same!

Wait until you have been approved by Noosr, before applying to the state education teaching boards. Just in case they require any additional information. Once you have gathered everything for them, its a piece of cake applying to register in a state. It costs around $100. I had a nightmare registering with South Australia, Queensland was dead easy.

You will have plenty of time to apply to the teaching authorities whilst applying to DIMA.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Rockville is on a distinguished road

linda (clarky]Lisa)

This was really interesting to hear about registering as a teacher. I have sent me Pcc's and meds off and am hoping to get my pr visa soon so can go to Sydney after end of school year here.
Want to teach in NSW and was wondering if you have any info on registering there, or what docs you needed to register.
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Gill
Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:17 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rockville
linda (clarky]Lisa)

This was really interesting to hear about registering as a teacher. I have sent me Pcc's and meds off and am hoping to get my pr visa soon so can go to Sydney after end of school year here.
Want to teach in NSW and was wondering if you have any info on registering there, or what docs you needed to register.
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Gill
Hi Gill,
I registered with Queensland and not NSW but all I did was send all my NOOSR stuff, hope this helps.
Sarah
Old Apr 1st 2005, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Sarah it did help,
Did you register from UK as noticed you have only just got your visa granted. Also how much bond did you need to pay as think that will be next step and no idea how much they will ask for.
Gill
Old Apr 1st 2005, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Did you register from UK as noticed you have only just got your visa granted. Also how much bond did you need to pay as think that will be next step and no idea how much they will ask for.
Gill
Rockville,

I don't know anything about registering to teach in New South Wales. It looks as though they have only just started some sort of registration this year.

Try this link New South Wales Teachers.

Each state is has a different process. My understanding is you can register with any of them from overseas, as long as you produce the correct paper work (all the stuff you gathered for NOOSR).

Not sure what you mean by bond? It costs around $100 to register as a teacher in South Australia and Queensland.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Just noticed how new you are. Your Private Messages are at the very top of the screen, right hand side. (Someone had to point this out to me!!)
Old Apr 1st 2005, 2:39 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Gill
Hi Gill,
Yes I registered from the UK. If I remember rightly, I downloaded all forms etc from internet. I think it cost Aus$125 to process my application and I have a certificate saying that I can teach in Queensland until end Nov 2005.
We lodged a bond of Aus$100,000. When we first started looking into emigrating this worked out at around 38k but the exchange rate was pants when it came to doing it so we ended up paying £42,084
We did however manage to get a really good deal with Queensland Treasury Corp', we got 5.33% return on our investment.
Good luck with whatever stage you are at.
Sarah
Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Thx, for your reply, I did do the four year B.Ed, so hopefully will be fine.

We are not sure where to end up living, as we have spent a bit of time living in sydney, when we were travelling and loved it. we went back at christmas, still loved it, but not sure how we could afford to live there, so we are thinking of perth or brisbane,.What made you choose perth, we are going in the summer to take a look at it, we have heard alot of positives about it.

lisax
Lisa,
We are going to Perth as majority of my husbands family live there and we thought it would be a good place to start. Ideal support network and some familiar faces in an unfamiliar place.
Sasha
Old Apr 18th 2005, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Billy Borrell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Sasha

My name is Billy, I'm a new member. Vikk put me onto this thread, I had asked Vikk if I would be ok to move with having done a non-teaching degree and doing a one - year conversion course - PGCE, or do you have to do the actual teaching degree?

Cheers

Billy

[QUOTE=chr1sarter]

Lisa,
Sasha
Old Apr 18th 2005, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Billy,
I did a History degree and then a PGCE. I am just finishing my sixth year of teaching but it was fine for me. Just got word that my application has been approved. Just needed to send a transcript of my undergraduate course and my PGCE. Really easy to do just e-mailed the Universities.
Hope this helps, feel free to write agin if you have any more questions. Good luck.
Gill
Old Apr 18th 2005, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice
Question Re: Any teachers?what evidence of employment experience did u give?

[QUOTE=chr1sarter]

Lisa,
Sasha
Hi,i thought to get a positive assessment from noosr,you didn't need work experience just degree & pgce. my husband finishes his pgce in july and we were hopfully going to send it of then, and then wait till he had done his 6 months work experience till we apply.. does anyone know if we can or have we misunderstood the info given to us..
Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Billy Borrell
Hey Sasha

My name is Billy, I'm a new member. Vikk put me onto this thread, I had asked Vikk if I would be ok to move with having done a non-teaching degree and doing a one - year conversion course - PGCE, or do you have to do the actual teaching degree?

Cheers

Billy
Hi Billy,
From my understanding this is fine. As long as you have 4 years education- either as a B.Ed or degree and PGCE this is all that is required.
Hope this helps,
Sasha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.