Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any teachers out there!!

Any teachers out there!!

Old Jan 6th 2004, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Rockville is on a distinguished road
Default Any teachers out there!!

I am hoping to migrate to Oz in the not too distant future and will be looking for a primary teaching job. Has anyone had experience of getting a teaching job in Oz particulary Sydney or Queensland anywhere.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

canary is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , I work for a supply teaching agency in Birmingham and we have had alot of Oz teachers come and work for us-their training seems to be pretty similar to the UK and they are always well recieved in our schools!From what they have said the schools are pretty similar to here .. but I am no expert...Not so long ago our company had a vist from an Australian company director of Teacher Recruitment International -mainly recruiting for the UK . But it may be worth you contacting them as they are experts in their field and may be able to help you.
www.triaust.com
Based in Sydney
Hope this helps!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

canary is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , I work for a supply teaching agency in Birmingham and we have had alot of Oz teachers come and work for us-thier training seems to be pretty similar to the UK and they are always well recieved in our scholls!From what they have said the schools are pretty similar to here .. but I am no expert...Not so long ago our company had a vist from an Australian company director of Teacher Recruitment International -mainly recruitng for the UK . But it may be worth you contacting them as they are experts in their field and may be able to help you.
www.triaust.com
Based in Sydney
Hope this helps!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any teachers out there!!

Originally posted by Rockville
I am hoping to migrate to Oz in the not too distant future and will be looking for a primary teaching job. Has anyone had experience of getting a teaching job in Oz particulary Sydney or Queensland anywhere.
I work for a supply agency called Hays Education. Apparently they have offices in Australia. My boss at the agency said that it would be easy for them to transfer my details over and therefore they can sort things out and have work available when I get there.
Also, I know you are not wanting to live in Adelaide but I received a document from them which explains what you need to enable you to work as a teacher in S.A.

Hope this is useful.
Tazzy
Attached Files
File Type: doc
overseas letter.doc (120.5 KB, 120 views)