Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Single Parents out there?

Any Single Parents out there?

Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Single Parents out there?

Bumping... how are we all going?
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:28 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Well after nearly a year I finally feel the unknown is over. And, after nearly 9 years of hell we are happy, god it's a good feeling not to be worrying about whether a letter from his solicitor will be on the doorstep or whether he will be waiting for us around a corner:curse::curse: Finally, it's over and I do feel like I have won a moral victory. You do the right thing for long enough and lady luck will fall on your side. Never felt like it at the time thought.

We now have our court order to leave and our Australian passports dropped through the door a few weeks ago. However, can't help but regret that all the past years were not happier. All I can do is make our future happy, memorable and positive for the right reasons.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by killamarsh
Well after nearly a year I finally feel the unknown is over. And, after nearly 9 years of hell we are happy, god it's a good feeling not to be worrying about whether a letter from his solicitor will be on the doorstep or whether he will be waiting for us around a corner:curse::curse: Finally, it's over and I do feel like I have won a moral victory. You do the right thing for long enough and lady luck will fall on your side. Never felt like it at the time thought.

We now have our court order to leave and our Australian passports dropped through the door a few weeks ago. However, can't help but regret that all the past years were not happier. All I can do is make our future happy, memorable and positive for the right reasons.
Good to hear things have worked out for you. Just stay positive and remember what goes around, comes around and he'll no doubt get his comeupance at some point
Never look back, you can't change the past but you can affect the future and what ever you do, just remember to enjoy your life, you only get to live it once (unless you believe in reincarnation and that's a whole different story! lol ) so have fun, make memories and have a great new life

We got our visa at the beginning of October and flights n stuff booked we leave in less than 6 weeks (5 weeks and 5 days to be precise not that I'm counting or anything) can't wait. Land in Townsville 15th January after a week in Bali Just have to get the inevitable little upsets at Christmas and A's 18th over with and then brand new life here we come

I know Daunted's on her way ( she may even have arrived in Bunbury already)

If any of you get up my way, look me up, we'll have a girly single night
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Clara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud of

Kilamarsh ~ I am a great believer in what goes around comes around! What an huge relief it must be. Bring on a new life...

Fab news Sals that isn't long for you new life either... you luck things.

I can't wait to hear from Daunted to know how she is getting on...

Homewardbound how are you doing?

I am sitting here surrounded by boxes having taken a half day leave to sort them out... I am so fed up waiting to exchange on my house not knowing if it will happen.... (three weeks now!!!!!)

So I haven't done any more packing... So instead I have put my fleece jacket on, put the heating on, eaten chocolate watched neighbours and not packed a thing...

Sorry it just doesn't real for me at the moment as panic has set in.......... WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!?
Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Oh Clara, I know how you feel. My buyers messed around for weeks and cancelled the exchange dates 3 times before we finally exchanged and completed in the same week They still haven't moved in :curse: and I've been sleeping on mattress on parents floor since 22nd June. But hang on in there it will happen and will be worth it the end
As for packin, thankfuly I didn't do any as Crown did it for me but spent weeks cleaning and decluttering
Don't blame you I'm stuck at work and haven't done a jot today I just can't be bothered and I'm leaving in 2 1/2 weeks so I don't care
Put the heating on full, eat more chocolate and slob in front of the telly. I'm sure you deserve it
Old Nov 27th 2007, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Hey girls... well I have a skip coming tomorrow - i wonder if i could put a body in the bottom of it :curse: (see aussie passport thread)... I move out of here 16 Jan... but i have a heck of a lot of saving to do and if i have to do solicitors then i will NEVER get there and my poor mum will have a nervous breakdown with us overstaying our welcome LOL

Also have Crown coming thursday morning to quote and excess international coming in 2 weeks!

I am more determined than ever to get home feb/march time still but i think it is going to take some doing!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:08 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Hey girls... well I have a skip coming
I am more determined than ever to get home feb/march time still but i think it is going to take some doing!
I know what you mean. I simply can't believe that after nearly 13 years I will have family around me and my son will have family around him. Having said that, I have been getting a bit teary when I go places and think that this may be our last time seeing it. I'm going to buy a video camera so I can capture places that are special to us and places we visit between next month and when we leave. Photos are wonderful but moving images just have some to them, if you know what I mean.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Clara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud of

Thanks Sals but before you replied... I logged off packed some more got far more positive and now its looking more bare here and I will have to move! I can't imagine what it must be like in the last few weeks of work... I have worked in the same place for 11 years so even when I left one job I wasn't going far!!! You must be on a big count down! De- mob happy comes to mind!

That is a good idea about the video camera I am have been the same. You look at things in a different light when you know it may be the last time you see it!!! Things you have always taken for granted. Before you splash many digital camera can take videos now.

Hey good luck with the SKIP!!!!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Skip has arrived - its quite big but could always do with it being bigger if you ask me! I will have to pack it very carefully!

Good news on the bad news front - hope to be in London next weds sorting passports out.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Think of it like a salad bowl at one of those restaurants where you can't go back... Put big things on the outside to make the sides higher... Never done it but seen lots and think wow how have they done that!!!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Well i am HERE So far so good! Though i did have bit of panic do last night
Got medicare and bank sorted to day and booked car for hire which i collect on friday. Kids tired but loving it!
I feeel happy and very at home already
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Good news I am glad you are safe and well!!! Tiredness goes thats the main thing. So happy to hear you are feeling at home already it took me six months when I moved 10 miles...

Good luck with the rest of your exploring and take care driving.

Can't wait to hear your next installment!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Ahhh well done daunted... Glad you arrived safe!

We look forward to hearing all about it soon!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

janemac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am a single parent of a 9 year old but I do have a sister in Sydney so would not be totally on my own. My problem is my age!! I am 48 and it seems cannot get out to Australia unless I go under the investor visa but need about £750,000 UK pounds to be able to invest and live out there. This is going to take some time to get there but I am determined as I know it would be a better life for both myself and my son. This is a good thread and good luck to everyone!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Darceyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daunted
Well i am HERE So far so good! Though i did have bit of panic do last night
Got medicare and bank sorted to day and booked car for hire which i collect on friday. Kids tired but loving it!
I feeel happy and very at home already
Hi Daunted
I have just joined BE i have followed your threads on this forum and felt very inspired by your journey from start to finish of the visa application so pleased you are now at your destination Perth.
All the best of luck for you and your family.
We hope to be in queensland soon still waiting applied 16th april.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.