Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any self employed on ere

any self employed on ere

Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:34 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice
Default any self employed on ere

just a quick question to those in the know, have just started as a self employed sparkie and i need some help as to which way to go with a new car or buy an old beat up one to get me going. any help would be great

many thanx

andy, in perth and lovin it

Old Nov 8th 2006, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any self employed on ere

Originally Posted by woody1974
just a quick question to those in the know, have just started as a self employed sparkie and i need some help as to which way to go with a new car or buy an old beat up one to get me going. any help would be great

many thanx

You could lease a new one. It would be a business asset.
Check out all about business vihicles on the ATO website.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:53 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
You could lease a new one. It would be a business asset.
Check out all about business vihicles on the ATO website.

spoke to the accountant and he recommended a chantle mortgage as well so may be of use to anyone if they need the info, you put no money down and have the car over a peroid of time which is a tax benefit if you work for ur self just make sure the car is worth more than the ballon payment at the end of the term
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

many thanx

Hi Andy in Perth why does it still say you're in the west mids would've thought you would have changed that like a shot
Old Nov 26th 2006, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

SweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud ofSweetGirl has much to be proud of
Smile Re: any self employed on ere

hi paul whats perth really like?Best places to look at 2 kids schools parks etc etc any info would be great plus reasonable priced house prices as we are not sure wether perth or brisbane
Old Nov 26th 2006, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Andy

We're headed for Perth, hubby is also a sparks. I was just wondering how long it took to get all the licences etc to become self-employed. I understand you need to sit a business(?) course to become self-employed ?

K

many thanx

Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:25 am
still searching

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Hi Andy

We're headed for Perth, hubby is also a sparks. I was just wondering how long it took to get all the licences etc to become self-employed. I understand you need to sit a business(?) course to become self-employed ?

K
get as many refs as poss from past employers to say what ur hubby has done, this will make it easier for tra to give him a elec or mech licence, if he wants a mech licence get them to put that he was doing installation work most of the time. tra tok me 2 months to go through as western power no longer assess people, book the practical as soon as you know as this one has the longest waiting times but balga are pretty god and sometimes have slots come up. written test can be done within a week. but you are right you have to do a college course for your own business but you can still sub to a contractor like i am doing til you get it, oh there are your dome tickets and ur austel (phone) to do as well.

its all good
Old Nov 27th 2006, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

Karen

get as many refs as poss from past employers to say what ur hubby has done, this will make it easier for tra to give him a elec or mech licence, if he wants a mech licence get them to put that he was doing installation work most of the time. tra tok me 2 months to go through as western power no longer assess people, book the practical as soon as you know as this one has the longest waiting times but balga are pretty god and sometimes have slots come up. written test can be done within a week. but you are right you have to do a college course for your own business but you can still sub to a contractor like i am doing til you get it, oh there are your dome tickets and ur austel (phone) to do as well.

its all good