Reload this Page >

Any Pump Engineer here????

Any Pump Engineer here????

Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

kflee0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Pump Engineer here????

HI,

Are there any pump engineers in this forum? I am a Pump Product/Hydraulic engineer and have been in the pump industry for 10 years. I would like to find out which is the best city in Australia to locate a similar job. We plan to move over there in six months and haven't decided which city to settle in. Can anyone shed some light.

Thanks
Kflee0
Old Nov 5th 2006, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Pump Engineer here????

Originally Posted by kflee0
HI,

Are there any pump engineers in this forum? I am a Pump Product/Hydraulic engineer and have been in the pump industry for 10 years. I would like to find out which is the best city in Australia to locate a similar job. We plan to move over there in six months and haven't decided which city to settle in. Can anyone shed some light.

Thanks
Kflee0
Anywhere, I would think, given the water shortage. I work in Melbourne and deal with people round Victoria, and in Adeleaide and Sydney. I suspect the reason I don't deal with people in Perth, Brisbane etc is distance.

Try seek.com.au - they might be able to give you a clue. Or contact people like ITT Flygt, Flowserve, etc, and ask them.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

HI,

Thanks
Kflee0

Hello Kflee

I can't say whats happening in the rest of Oz but in WA there is loads of pumping/hydraulic work because of the booming mining industry.

I'm working for a pumping company at the moment and they cannot get any workers. They've got contracts all over WA and some abroad at the minute and a re strugling to fill positions.

PM me if you need any specific details.

Keel
Old Nov 5th 2006, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response, Thribble and Keel. I am in the oil and gas industry. Been checking on seek.com.au for the last 3 months and haven't seen many Pump Engineer jobs. However, googled and found a lot of pump companies in Australia.

Got a lot of Water/Waterwaste Engineer. By looking at the job descriptions, it doesn't seem similar to pump engineer. I am not familiar with the term Water Engineer. Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks
Kflee0
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your response, Thribble and Keel. I am in the oil and gas industry. Been checking on seek.com.au for the last 3 months and haven't seen many Pump Engineer jobs. However, googled and found a lot of pump companies in Australia.

Got a lot of Water/Waterwaste Engineer. By looking at the job descriptions, it doesn't seem similar to pump engineer. I am not familiar with the term Water Engineer. Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks
Kflee0
That would be me

A water/wastewater engineer is often a process engineer - we design the treatment plants, systems etc. Pump engineers are the people I call once I know what the system has to do and they design the detail of the pumps/tell me which ones I need!

I would imagine that the hydraulics skills are fairly transferable from oil & gas to water/wastewater (although with obviously different fluid properties to oil/gas).

Perhaps if you drop an email to the pump companies you've found and ask them about jobs you'll get some good feedback?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

That would be me

A water/wastewater engineer is often a process engineer - we design the treatment plants, systems etc. Pump engineers are the people I call once I know what the system has to do and they design the detail of the pumps/tell me which ones I need!

I would imagine that the hydraulics skills are fairly transferable from oil & gas to water/wastewater (although with obviously different fluid properties to oil/gas).

Perhaps if you drop an email to the pump companies you've found and ask them about jobs you'll get some good feedback?

Thanks for the clarification, Thribble. Since there's demand for Water Engineers everywhere in Australia, I hope it wouldn't be too hard to hunt down a pump engineer position. Do you mind telling me which pump companies in NSW and VIC you've dealt with in the past? Thanks
Old Nov 6th 2006, 1:42 am
dc1
Forum Regular

dc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the roughdc1 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the clarification, Thribble. Since there's demand for Water Engineers everywhere in Australia, I hope it wouldn't be too hard to hunt down a pump engineer position. Do you mind telling me which pump companies in NSW and VIC you've dealt with in the past? Thanks
Hi,

All the main pump companies are in Oz, Flygt, SPP, Grundfos, KSB etc. There is also a pump manufacturer (floserve in Castlemaine 1.25 hrs from Melbourne).

Derek
Old Nov 6th 2006, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hello there,my hubby is working fr a company that deals with pumps,he might be able to help so pm him its gsb maybe he might be able to point you in the right direction.

tracey
HI,

Thanks
Kflee0
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scissors
hello there,my hubby is working fr a company that deals with pumps,he might be able to help so pm him its gsb maybe he might be able to point you in the right direction.

tracey
Thanks very much for your all response. Keel and Gsb, if you can, please send some details information about the job description and location to my email.

Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:20 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for your all response. Keel and Gsb, if you can, please send some details information about the job description and location to my email.

Thanks
Hi

I sent you an email.

Can you drop me a line at work. Cheers,

Gary