Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Perth suburbs to avoid/aim for?

Any Perth suburbs to avoid/aim for?

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any Perth suburbs to avoid/aim for?

I don't mean this to be a contentious issue, but was just wondering, in your individual opinions which areas of Perth would be best avoided.

My goodness, I cannot believe that we've been talking about moving to Oz for over three years now, and it's actually going to happen soon , and we have no idea where we are going to live. If we had location dependent jobs it would be a darned sight easier.

I would like to be near the usual, good shops, childcare, restaurants, PEOPLE!!

Thanks all, would love to hear your views (ok they might be biased but I still want to hear them!)

PS What is that area between Hillary's and Scarborough. Personally I liked Hillary's in an ironic Stepford Wives kind of way
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 9:15 am
PommieLeague

Default Re: Any Perth suburbs to avoid/aim for?

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
I don't mean this to be a contentious issue, but was just wondering, in your individual opinions which areas of Perth would be best avoided.

My goodness, I cannot believe that we've been talking about moving to Oz for over three years now, and it's actually going to happen soon , and we have no idea where we are going to live. If we had location dependent jobs it would be a darned sight easier.

I would like to be near the usual, good shops, childcare, restaurants, PEOPLE!!

Thanks all, would love to hear your views (ok they might be biased but I still want to hear them!)

PS What is that area between Hillary's and Scarborough. Personally I liked Hillary's in an ironic Stepford Wives kind of way
Girrawheen, Mirrabooka, Ballajurra, Balga, Westminster, Alexander Heights are favourable suburbs and cheap house prices for Perth.

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Girrawheen, Mirrabooka, Ballajurra, Balga, Westminster, Alexander Heights are favourable suburbs and cheap house prices for Perth.

Thanks so much for that
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 10:08 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget Koondoola
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Siren
Dont forget Koondoola
To avoid or consider
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 10:18 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I can only advise on the Northern suburbs of Perth that I know about, and it obviously all depends on budget.

Nice/good areas; Hillarys, Kallaroo, Mullaloo, Ocean Reef, Mindarie, Currumbine, Iluka, Carramar.

It all depends on personal choice. I would suggest that you rent and use it as your base, then you can mooch around at your leisure to get a feel for the place.

After all, one mans pleasure is another mans poison!
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 10:26 am
Go Banana's !!

Landsdale gets my vote as we are building there

Jill

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 11:19 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Landsdale gets my vote as we are building there

Jill

Ummmm forgot to mention Lansdale, another suburb to miss, lots of Fruit/Banana cakes moving in there soon
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 12:22 pm
maggy

Ummmm forgot to mention Lansdale, another suburb to miss, lots of Fruit/Banana cakes moving in there soon

Dont forget Duncraig

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 12:45 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by maggy
Dont forget Duncraig

Padbury is quite nice also.
Jenny
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hiya lathlain

Are you sure about these suburbs? I don't want to start an arguement about suburbs cos I live down Rockingham and have no first hand knowledge of them "ooop north" but I remembered a thread by a old poster called Perth Helena which (admittedly was a year or so ago now) told another poster to avoid almost all those suburbs you just mentioned!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110995

love sophia xx
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by sophia
hiya lathlain

Are you sure about these suburbs? I don't want to start an arguement about suburbs cos I live down Rockingham and have no first hand knowledge of them "ooop north" but I remembered a thread by a old poster called Perth Helena which (admittedly was a year or so ago now) told another poster to avoid almost all those suburbs you just mentioned!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110995

love sophia xx
I think he was being sarcastic... as was my hubby when he suggested Koondoola...lol.
Then the landsdale and Duncraig were jibes at the Banana's (as they are building there) and Duncraig was a return jibe at Brian because we live there... are we following?? LOL (Cause even I'm confused...hahah)

In other words... AVOID all those suburbs Lathlaine and Brian mentioned first. Landsdale and Duncraig are in fact very nice suburbs near Padbury and Hillarys.

Siren
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

I think he was being sarcastic... as was my hubby when he suggested Koondoola...lol.
Then the landsdale and Duncraig were jibes at the Banana's (as they are building there) and Duncraig was a return jibe at Brian because we live there... are we following?? LOL (Cause even I'm confused...hahah)

In other words... AVOID all those suburbs Lathlaine and Brian mentioned first. Landsdale and Duncraig are in fact very nice suburbs near Padbury and Hillarys.

Siren
oh ok....I think! I thought it was a bit odd!!...so does that mean that the OP knows to avoid those suburbs then?

love sophia x
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough

As for the Northern suburbs,
Anything to the left of the Wanneroo Road ( coastal side) is good.
A bit dodgy on the right side of the Wanneroo Road ( hills side ).

Established suburbs I recommend are :-
Greenwood, Kingsley, Duncraig, Hillarys, Woodvale

But then again I am biased as I own or owned properties in the above suburbs.
odaat
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 9:55 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by odaat
As for the Northern suburbs,
Anything to the left of the Wanneroo Road ( coastal side) is good.
A bit dodgy on the right side of the Wanneroo Road ( hills side ).

Established suburbs I recommend are :-
Greenwood, Kingsley, Duncraig, Hillarys, Woodvale

But then again I am biased as I own or owned properties in the above suburbs.
odaat

Thats a poor guideline as Landsdale is to the right of Wanneroo Road and I would certainly not say it was dodgy !

Warren

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.