Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any one understand this quote?

Any one understand this quote?

Old Jan 21st 2005, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Any one understand this quote?

I have just read this quote on Britishexpats. I have been training for a year as a hairdresser then I was told need three years experience after I qualify. Is this quote right does anuone know? if it is I will be jumping around the room.

[QUOTE= Go to dimia website. TRA are no longer needing deeming dates,meaning you just need to be qualified now with no work experiance,as i understand it!

cheers
Lace
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any one understand this quote?

Not sure, but try asking on the immigration forum?
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 7:23 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

If you look on gomatildas website it gives details of new guidelines.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Any one understand this quote?

Cheers fot that Looking as we speak.
regards
Lace
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 2:33 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=lacey21]I have just read this quote on Britishexpats. I have been training for a year as a hairdresser then I was told need three years experience after I qualify. Is this quote right does anuone know? if it is I will be jumping around the room.

[QUOTE= Go to dimia website. TRA are no longer needing deeming dates,meaning you just need to be qualified now with no work experiance,as i understand it!

cheers
Lace [/QUOTE]

I would be very, very surprised. That would just open the floodgates and let almost anyone in. Qualifications and experience are two very different things. I'm pretty sure that you still need to have worked for so many years in the trade that you are applying under.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 2:40 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Basic Requirements for General Skilled Migration

Qualifications
You must have post-secondary (such as university or trade) qualifications (in a small number of occupations, substantial relevant work experience may be acceptable).

Your skills must have been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation.

Nominated occupation
When you apply, you must nominate an occupation which fits your skills and qualifications. Your nominated occupation must be on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL)
See: Form 1121i (PDF file, 125kb) Skilled Occupations List.

If your nominated occupation is 'Medical Practitioner',
See: Migration of Medical Practitioners under the General Skilled Migration Program

If your nominated occupation is not on the SOL, you cannot apply.

Recent work experience
This requirement is separate from the need to have your skills assessed as suitable for your nominated occupation before you apply.

If your nominated occupation is worth 60 points (see the points for your nominated occupation on the SOL), you must have been in paid employment in a skilled occupation (any on the SOL) for at least 12 of the 18 months immediately before applying.

If your nominated occupation is worth 40 or 50 points, you must have been in paid employment in a skilled occupation (any on the SOL) for at least 2 of the 3 years immediately before applying.

For certain occupations, a longer period of specific work experience is required to obtain a suitable skills assessment (for example, manager).

In the Skill Matching or Skilled-Designated Area Sponsored categories, you may be eligible with less work experience.

TRA Deeming Dates

TRA Deeming Dates
A deeming date is the date on which a person is regarded as having obtained the skills necessary to receive a satisfactory skills assessment for a particular occupation.

TRA are no longer providing deeming dates on skills assessments. TRA will only determine if a person has satisfactory skills for the occupation they nominate, rather than the point in time that this occurred.

Where a skills assessment is provided without a deeming date, the department will continue to process General Skilled Migration applications according to legislative requirements. Therefore, to be granted a visa, applicants must provide a satisfactory skills assessment and, unless they satisfy the 2 years study in Australia requirement, they must also provide evidence of their recent work experience in a skilled occupation.

Also, where an applicant claims additional points for specific work experience, they must provide evidence of this work experience.

To satisfy the recent work experience and the specific work experience requirements, evidence of this employment is required. The evidence should include:

the applicant’s name;
dates of service;
occupation;
duties performed;
hours worked; and
the salary received paid for work.
Applicants my need to provide more than one piece of evidence to demonstrate that they satisfy the recent work experience and specific work experience requirements. For example, if an applicant provides a statement of service which does not show the duties and tasks undertaken in the work, they will need to provide other documentation which includes the relevant duties and tasks, such as a contract of employment.

Acceptable evidence that the work was paid employment in a skilled occupation includes:

registration/membership certificates of a professional body in a skilled occupation;
tax return documentation listing employer and applicant’s occupation;
contract of employment, showing the length of employment and the duties the duties the employee was required to perform;
payslips from an employer;
membership of a trade union for a skilled occupation, identifying the applicant’s skilled occupation;
superannuation statement, listing employer’s details;
legal documentation indicating the applicant has operated a business in a skilled occupation;
statements of service indicating the dates an employee was employed;
qualifications showing the date the qualification was completed; and
all documentation provided to the assessing body.
Please note:

documentation must be dated so that a decision maker can determine if an applicant satisfies the recent work experience and/or, specific work experience requirements;
where work references are provided, the referee must sign the reference, clearly print their name, provide their position and relationship to the applicant and give contact details to enable decision makers to verify the work reference; and
if copies of the above documentation are provided they must be certified copies.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 5:36 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

[QUOTE=lacey21]I have just read this quote on Britishexpats. I have been training for a year as a hairdresser then I was told need three years experience after I qualify. Is this quote right does anuone know? if it is I will be jumping around the room.

cheers
Lace [/QUOTE]
there was some change as regards hairdressers regarding time they had to be doing the job...they had cut it down. I had meant to research this again properly for my friend who is at the same stage in training as you are...I will try and find the info again...if you come up with anything could you post it back here so i can pass it to my friend and i will do the same
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wink Re: Any one understand this quote?

Hi peppi,
I will post anything back that I find out so that people can live their dream. I have a few irons in the fire if it comes off i'll post it

cheers
lace
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Curls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to all

cheers
Lace [/QUOTE]Hello , Lacey I have 136 Hairdressers visa yes you do need to have exp after a full apprenticeship or Nvq fully trained you will need to produce a statement listing tools you use ,all of the skills you use on a daily basis and be able to prove you are a proffesional with refs, from clients salons you have worked if self employed accounts and proof , bills etc. that you buy goods needed for the trade.I would imagine you would need to have been in the trade for at least five years.I hope this info helps you P.M. if i can help more.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

cheers
Lace [/QUOTE]

TRA used to issue a "Deeming Date" with every assesment, this was the date that TRA "Deemed" you to be qualified, if you are an old fart like me it was nothing to worry about as I would have been "Deemed" to be qualified in the 1980's, and provided I stayed working in that trade up till the date of application, DIMIA issued points for recent work experiance.

The problem comes when you are a lot younger and have only just qualified, if TRA issued you a "Deeming Date" back dated to the date of your initial TRA application, you would then have to work another 12 months or so before you qualified for the additional points from DIMIA.

TRA has now done away with "Deeming Dates", but if you want to claim the additional points from DIMIA you still need to prove to DIMIA you have recent work experiance.

I trust you all understand this.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank Druid,
I don't understand any of it but my other half will. Thank you for the interest

cheers
Lace