Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any more Perth meets planned?

Any more Perth meets planned?

Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:22 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Any more Perth meets planned?

Hi...

I was wondering if there are any plans for a Perth meet in the near future?
I was planning to come along to the last one, but on the Friday before it, I was on a ladder at work & it collapsed beneath me. I plummeted to the ground and broke my back!

So while all you lot were getting drunk in King's Park, I was doped up to the eyeballs on morphine in Fremantle Hospital!

Back home, and up and about now, but can't work for at least 4 months.
I've been logging on to this board a lot over the last couple of weeks, (not much else to do), and you all seem to be an interesting bunch. It would be good to meet you face to face for a beer or 10 / chinwag, etc..

If there are any cunning plans afoot for another meet, could you let me know?

Cheers... John....
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:54 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any more Perth meets planned?

Originally Posted by Scossie
but on the Friday before it, I was on a ladder at work & it collapsed beneath me. I plummeted to the ground and broke my back!
OMG!!! Woah!!! Hope you heal fast!!!!

I would be nice to have one before Christmas, but I know a lot of us are having visitors over soon.

Still, we could just take them all along too :-D

Someone (you Or Bonza(Natasha) who was talking about this too ) should just pick a date and place, and post about it!!!
(it's not like on of us on here is the 'boss' or the secretary of the perth meets! Someone just posts, and others just come!)

So, go ahead!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 3:52 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Simone]OMG!!! Woah!!! Hope you heal fast!!!!

Hi Simone..

Cheers for that.
I'm not paralysed or anything & can still walk etc. The Doc's said I was really lucky it wasn't a lot worse!

My wife Gillian & I have been in Perth for a year and a half now. I re-registered on this forum as "Scossie" a few months back. I haven't really posted much since then, but used to be registered under my own name, (John Lamont) when we were still living in Scotland. I posted all the time then. Mostly in the Oz immigration forum through usenet.

There are still a few familiar names on here, who were waiting for their visas about the same time as us.

When we got here we more or less had an instant circle of friends cos a couple of my good mates from Scotland had emigrated to Perth a couple of years before, but it's always good to meet new people.

Not sure that I know enough people on this board now to be the instigator of a meet, but you never know, this thread could create a bit of interest...

Cheers.... John.....
Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Hey, hope that you continue to make a full recovery - sounds like you were lucky!

We are arriving on 6/1 & I know that there alot arriving around the same time - so if it is after that we are up for it - that is me Deb, hubbie richard & twin sons Ben & Luke (9 years old).

Will keep my eyes open for the next meet!

pockygoes
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:03 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Scossie
Hi...

I was wondering if there are any plans for a Perth meet in the near future?
I was planning to come along to the last one, but on the Friday before it, I was on a ladder at work & it collapsed beneath me. I plummeted to the ground and broke my back!

So while all you lot were getting drunk in King's Park, I was doped up to the eyeballs on morphine in Fremantle Hospital!

Back home, and up and about now, but can't work for at least 4 months.
I've been logging on to this board a lot over the last couple of weeks, (not much else to do), and you all seem to be an interesting bunch. It would be good to meet you face to face for a beer or 10 / chinwag, etc..

If there are any cunning plans afoot for another meet, could you let me know?

Cheers... John....
I'm sure there'll be something, it is Christmas after all.

Just keep popping in and we'll get our act together and sort something out.

Hope you make a full and speedy recovery

Jill

Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:48 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
I'm sure there'll be something, it is Christmas after all.

Just keep popping in and we'll get our act together and sort something out.

Hope you make a full and speedy recovery

Jill
Hey Jill... & cheers for the reply pockygoes, as well...

Jill...
I reckon I remember you from when we were both posting on the Oz Immigration forum while waiting for our visas.
It was around the time that our fellow posters were people like, Jopaulss, Mash, Abergas, Matt & Jo, & the imfamous Pommie Bastard!!
He kept Perth to the fore on the board all the time, even if he was constantly slagging it off!!

Who was the other guy, (whose name escapes me), who was always very witty & gave us all a good laugh to take our minds off the looooonnnngggg wait vor our PR visas? (18 months in our case!). I think he's now living down Mandurah way...

How you enjoying your new life in Perth? We love it.
We've faded into the Aussie ambiance like chameleons! My mate & I have just renewed our memberships for a second year as Premium Gold Members of the Fremantle Dockers!..... Go Freo!!!....

I think I'll be posting a bit more often now cos I can't work for a few months. It'll be good to get to know all you guys a bit better. Hence the reason I was wondering if there was going to be a meet soon...

Hope so....

Cheers..... John & Gillian.....
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:51 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Ouchies huh.... my brother has just done the same thing... fallen some 40 meters... not straight down but enough to break his back in a few places... luckily that was all that is broken so he is just bored in hosiptal recovering as it was just last week.

Anyway.... a Chrissie do sounds good to me. Now who can we rope into being Father Christmas???????
Old Nov 17th 2004, 1:06 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

John....
the other witty guy was Baldbutts..

he does live Mandurah way and is still as mad and witty in the flesh!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 1:37 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Originally Posted by Siren
Ouchies huh.... my brother has just done the same thing... fallen some 40 meters... not straight down but enough to break his back in a few places... luckily that was all that is broken so he is just bored in hosiptal recovering as it was just last week.

Anyway.... a Chrissie do sounds good to me. Now who can we rope into being Father Christmas???????
Jees Oh..!!! 40 meters!!
I only fell about 3 meters, but that was enough to break my back!

How's your brother doing? Give him my best wishes. Hope he'll be up and about soon.

Cheers.. John....
Old Nov 17th 2004, 1:48 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Originally Posted by yvsie
John....
the other witty guy was Baldbutts..

he does live Mandurah way and is still as mad and witty in the flesh!
Yup...
Baldbutts, the very man. Does he still post on here?

I'm a Plumber, & was on the same gas course at TAFE as Yvonne(Abergas)'s husband, Dave, when we first arrived in Perth. He told me he'd met Baldbutts since he got here. That's how I knew he was living around Mandurah.

Thanks for the name. It was doing my head in trying to remember!!

Cheers... John....
Old Nov 17th 2004, 1:53 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

no not very often anyway...

and you're welcome
Old Nov 19th 2004, 1:09 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Well, there does seem to be a bit of interest in a Perth meet round about Christmas time.

Kings Park would seem the obvious choice of venue again. I had a look at the pic's of the last one, & everyone seemed to have had a good time. The other option, (as it'll be the Festive Season), is to meet in a pub for some furious drinking!! Not so hot for those with kids though!?

Anyway, Wherever it my be... Who's up for it?

Cheers... John & Gillian....
Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:40 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, we're up for it!

Yeah, most here have kids, so park would be good.
King's Park is nice, that's fine.

Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:02 am
PommieLeague

Why not have the next one at the Brittania Cafe/Shop on Albany Hwy at Cannington? I spoke to the British owner who said he would be delighted to host it and it would be putting a few quid into his cofferes so he can set up a northern suburbs shop too!
So what do you think?

Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:00 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Why not have the next one at the Brittania Cafe/Shop on Albany Hwy at Cannington? I spoke to the British owner who said he would be delighted to host it and it would be putting a few quid into his cofferes so he can set up a northern suburbs shop too!
So what do you think?
Yup... I know where you mean. I've been there a few times.
Only trouble is.... It's right next to one of the busiest roads in Perth.
We don't have kids, but I doubt the people on the board who do, would be too keen.

Still think somewhere like Kings Park would be better, as far as a family day out is concerned.

Cheers.... John....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.