Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any last advice on my application PLEASE?

Any last advice on my application PLEASE?

Old May 7th 2004, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any last advice on my application PLEASE?

I have just got all my docs stamped as true copies by the solicitor/notary public..........about to send to Oz.

I have looked through the form dozens of times (skilled independent - based on my wife who is a midwife).

I am NOT front loading (no rush).........but should I just get meds and police checks done in 5 months time anyway as we want to visit/validate (I hope - if we get approved) next Jan or Feb.

Have gots all birth and marriage certificates copied, four photos of each family member (we have 3 kids), copies of non-blank pages of our passport (kids on wifes passport at the moment),
copies of my wifes qualifications (lots!), copy of my qualification as an accountant to act as proof of my English ability, skills assessment from the ANC.........

What have I forgotten ?

I presume I must send original of the skills assessment from ANC !

I will write N/A through all sections of the form that we don't need.......

Did anyone staple documents together or put in any sort of order as the form says to not put docs in folders or sleeves, etc.....

This is my last chance to send stuff off correctly (we are not using an agent as our application is quite straight forward).

Thank GOD my wife has all these skills as she just turned 35 today so our 125 points she got just went to 120.........

I will be posting Monday so any advice folks ?
Old May 7th 2004, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Deep breath... don't staple, or try to put the docs in wallets etc. as they don't like that.
Best wishes! I used post-it notes to higlight relevant info, but don't know what they think of this. We also included job references, so that it would speed the application up.
Old May 7th 2004, 12:26 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

No staples! Just use a few paperclips, but not to many.

And yeah, do the meds/pcc's in a few months.
Old May 7th 2004, 1:39 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any last advice on my application PLEASE?

Originally posted by Olibeneli
I have just got all my docs stamped as true copies by the solicitor/notary public..........about to send to Oz.

I have looked through the form dozens of times (skilled independent - based on my wife who is a midwife).

I am NOT front loading (no rush).........but should I just get meds and police checks done in 5 months time anyway as we want to visit/validate (I hope - if we get approved) next Jan or Feb.

Have gots all birth and marriage certificates copied, four photos of each family member (we have 3 kids), copies of non-blank pages of our passport (kids on wifes passport at the moment),
copies of my wifes qualifications (lots!), copy of my qualification as an accountant to act as proof of my English ability, skills assessment from the ANC.........

What have I forgotten ?

Did anyone staple documents together or put in any sort of order as the form says to not put docs in folders or sleeves, etc.....

This is my last chance to send stuff off correctly (we are not using an agent as our application is quite straight forward).

Thank GOD my wife has all these skills as she just turned 35 today so our 125 points she got just went to 120.........

Photo copy the whole form. Once it's gone you get these niggly worries have I filled this or that out right - if it's there in front of you it won't be a problem.

I included a covering letter - 2 pages detailing all included paperwork numbered those items and stuck post it notes on each item with corresponding number. That way there is no confusion about what is in included. I think it would make their job a lot easier too. I started off the letter stating exactly which visa type we were applying for and then justified number of points we had and what paperwork proved that. It worked very well for us because it was thought we would not get extra points for specific work experience - even experts on here said we wouldn't but we did and it was all thanks to that letter. I did use paperclips on some items but no don't use staples. Don't forget payslips. it says you have to send a current one on one of the forms that you read with the application but I thought it was in quite an obscure place. I sent the original skills assesment but took a copy.

Good Luck

max

Old May 7th 2004, 1:52 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

does booklet 6 still have the checklist that you should complete and send with application?

we sent a copy of the skills assessment, but they requested original with the medicals/PC.

Do a covering letter which includes a list of the forms/documents etc enclosed. Have you got copies of application a copy of the skills assessment especially if you send the original, just incase the worse happens and it gets lost in the post.

Lastly write on the back of the envelope "I love Australian case officers" followed by a big red lipstick kiss mark. - actually on second thoughts best not do that, red is not your colour
Old May 7th 2004, 2:03 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any last advice on my application PLEASE?

So long as you include the following your application will be valid:

- form 47SK
- original skills assessment classification
- payment of the visa application charge

Technically, anything else that the case officer at the DIMIA requires can follow later - though of course it is always as well to lodge the documents you have noted.

Also, when sending your papers to Adelaide I would recommend you use a courier so you can ensure safe delivery if needs be.

Best regards.

Originally posted by Olibeneli

What have I forgotten ?

Old May 7th 2004, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Just send the damn forms in the envelope with the cheque/payment advice - nothing more or less is needed.

You have done enough work to get that far.

Just give it a big kiss and bon voyage, sit back and wait