Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any kidz going to Brisbane this year

Any kidz going to Brisbane this year

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 5:47 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any kidz going to Brisbane this year

Hi all

Aimee my eldest who is 9 is asking if there are any kids going to Brisbane this year or are already there that she can meet up with when we get there hopefully in August.

We are looking at living in bayside area so it would be great if kids would get in touch with her so that she can maybe make some good friends like we have.

Please either reply or PM me and she can reply back and maybe arrange a meet up,

Ang & Aimee 9
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any kidz going to Brisbane this year

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi all

Aimee my eldest who is 9 is asking if there are any kids going to Brisbane this year or are already there that she can meet up with when we get there hopefully in August.

We are looking at living in bayside area so it would be great if kids would get in touch with her so that she can maybe make some good friends like we have.

Please either reply or PM me and she can reply back and maybe arrange a meet up,

Ang & Aimee 9
Hi,
My son who is also 9 is hoping to be there this year. We were also planning end of August but looks unlikely now to be honest. We are also looking at Bayside as a possible area to settle. I'm sure he'd love to meet up. He met a few other kids at the expat meet onSaturday, seemed to be having fun. He told me they were his friend but couldn't remember their names , so typical of him. He doesn't have email though but he could use mine or I could set him up with one. (or my daughter could )

Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hi,
My son who is also 9 is hoping to be there this year. We were also planning end of August but looks unlikely now to be honest. We are also looking at Bayside as a possible area to settle. I'm sure he'd love to meet up. He met a few other kids at the expat meet onSaturday, seemed to be having fun. He told me they were his friend but couldn't remember their names , so typical of him. He doesn't have email though but he could use mine or I could set him up with one. (or my daughter could )

Tracey

Hi Ang and Aimee,
My eldest daughter Grace is only 7, but quite grown up and we hope to be on The Bayside in November (visa pending).
We'll keep in touch.
Claire.
P.S. Was a real bummer to hear about the increase in processing times!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:22 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ang, there are heaps of people with kids who are already there on the bayside site, may want to put a message n there as well.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:24 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

there are loads of kids already in brisbane. there are schools full of them!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:25 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hi Ang, there are heaps of people with kids who are already there on the bayside site, may want to put a message n there as well.
OK so without seemingthick, where is the Bayside site.
We have friends going over on the 30th June Mary and Stuart with 3 kids but they are a lot older than Aimee and she wants kids her own age to chat to and meet with.

Cheers
Ang
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:27 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Originally Posted by brisnick
there are loads of kids already in brisbane. there are schools full of them!!!
Obviously....
Thaniks for that
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

jarv is on a distinguished road

my son is 9 and we are arriving on may 24th
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter Fiona is 10 and we too are bayside. I am sure she would email your daughter to tell her what life is like here. If you pm me your email address (or hers) I will make sure she replies.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:34 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

OK so without seemingthick, where is the Bayside site.
We have friends going over on the 30th June Mary and Stuart with 3 kids but they are a lot older than Aimee and she wants kids her own age to chat to and meet with.

Cheers
Ang
Sorry Ang, I thought you must have known about it.

http://s6.invisionfree.com/BrisbaneBaysideBrits
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:46 pm
ABCDiamond

Hi all

My daughter has just turned 9, so if you end up near Victoria Point, they can meet up sometime

I didn't realise you didn't know about the Bayside Brits site. Well worth looking at for the local info

Old Jun 26th 2005, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

anna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Any kidz going to Brisbane this year

Originally Posted by jarv
my son is 9 and we are arriving on may 24th
we are already here in bribbane staying in kangaroo point school is great but my wee boy aged nine has difficulty settling in .he is usually very extroverted ,missing his best friend from home any advice appreciated.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:19 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anna marie shlyshen
we are already here in bribbane staying in kangaroo point school is great but my wee boy aged nine has difficulty settling in .he is usually very extroverted ,missing his best friend from home any advice appreciated.
have you thought about inviting one or two of his 'yet to be mates' from school home after school. We did this and it cemented some friendships for the kids that seem to have lasted. They also reciprocate and you get to meet the parents etc. If you dont know the parents just dropa note in so jnr can give it to them to stick it in their backpacks to take home - thats what we did. If you dont want to bring them back home then Mcdonalds maybe?

Another thing might be sports/swimming clubs maybe? or after-school care if the school has one , just a couple of nights a week so that he gets the chance to be with the other school kids in a less structured environment -if it doesnt work just stop it, its no sweat.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Hi Ang and Aimee,
My eldest daughter Grace is only 7, but quite grown up and we hope to be on The Bayside in November (visa pending).
We'll keep in touch.
Claire.
P.S. Was a real bummer to hear about the increase in processing times!
Whats this about the increase in processing times?? :scared:
Old Jun 27th 2005, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

anna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant future

No thank you that is a good idea ,we will give it a go and see what happens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.