Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any jobs in brisbane

any jobs in brisbane

Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

steve reed 26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any jobs in brisbane

was just wondering if there was much work avalible in brisbane im a window fitter in england but dont think i wanna do that in oz but im up for doin pretty much anything really, my girlfriend starts a job in brisbane royal childrens hospital in april, so will leave just me to get a job sorted dont think i'll be in much of a hurry tho ha ha !!!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any jobs in brisbane

Originally Posted by steve reed 26
was just wondering if there was much work avalible in brisbane im a window fitter in england but dont think i wanna do that in oz but im up for doin pretty much anything really, my girlfriend starts a job in brisbane royal childrens hospital in april, so will leave just me to get a job sorted dont think i'll be in much of a hurry tho ha ha !!!
Hiya

Try www.seek.com.au or www.mycareer.com.au or google Jobs In Australia and I'm sure more links will come up.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:24 pm
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

When you arrive I would suggest you buy the courier mail newspaper every saturday, this is the day when jobs are listed or use the yellow and white pages to ring round companies in your area and secure employment that way.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:48 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

you should be OK in Brisban as it is a city, we have been unlucky on the sunshine coast , and we have been here for 5months!
go and register with cadet and jobsearch on www.jobsearch.gov.au for local vacancies....if you want to do something different be prepared to go to college - you need a licence to fart here
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:36 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve reed 26
"doing pretty much anything" is a broad statement. What other things are you QUALIFIED for, considering the fact that you have to be qualified to do pretty much anything now?

Last edited by The Bloke; Jan 12th 2009 at 10:39 am.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:01 pm

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Bloke
"doing pretty much anything" is a broad statement. What other things are you QUALIFIED for, considering the fact that you have to be qualified to do pretty much anything now?
Yeah you will need a licence for pretty much anything
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Yeah you will need a licence for pretty much anything

Whle on hols we saw a ad for a dog washer, it said must have licence
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Whle on hols we saw a ad for a dog washer, it said must have licence
Confined spaces ticket
Barista licence (yes coffee)
Retail qualification
RSA (Responsible service of alcohol)
Gaming licence

To name but a few....oh yes and they all come with a price