Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

View Poll Results: Where about's in Oz have you moved/moving to?
Melbourne
21.11%
Perth
20.00%
Sydney
12.22%
Brisbane
21.11%
Cairns
1.11%
Adelaide
6.67%
Canberra
0%
Gold Coast
12.22%
Sunshine Coast
5.56%
Hobart
0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

Old Jun 13th 2006, 11:12 am
Tra second timer

koonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

Di, Yvonne and all the others, It would be great to have a big meet up with all the members still here in Ireland!! Very excited about that. Maybe we have a chat over the next few days and pick a venue and post a date on the thread.

Any news yet Di? Should be soon now.

We got a letter last week and got sooo excited but it was just a standard "we have received....etc.." I was gutted! So the wait goes on......

For this meet up are most of us in still in Ireland based near Dublin.? Macker & Yvonne I know where you guys are but what about the rest of you? Breezeboylan Manchester might a bit too far!! Anyway let's see how many we can get together and strike while the iron's hot so to speak!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Fitz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by koonyungdi
Di, Yvonne and all the others, It would be great to have a big meet up with all the members still here in Ireland!! Very excited about that. Maybe we have a chat over the next few days and pick a venue and post a date on the thread.

We got a letter last week and got sooo excited but it was just a standard "we have received....etc.." I was gutted! So the wait goes on......

For this meet up are most of us in still in Ireland based near Dublin.? Macker & Yvonne I know where you guys are but what about the rest of you? Breezeboylan Manchester might a bit too far!! Anyway let's see how many we can get together and strike while the iron's hot so to speak!
We are also Dublin. Let us know where and when.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Depending when it is, Dublin is O.K. with us. We're from Dublin and all the family is over there so no probs to jump a Ryan Air cheep flight.
Tracie
Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:46 pm
Tra second timer

koonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Depending when it is, Dublin is O.K. with us. We're from Dublin and all the family is over there so no probs to jump a Ryan Air cheep flight.
Tracie
That would be great Tracie! Seeing as you have the furthest to come and the most organising to do to get here why don't you let us know when it suits you best and I'm sure we can all work around that

Di
Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

That would be great Tracie! Seeing as you have the furthest to come and the most organising to do to get here why don't you let us know when it suits you best and I'm sure we can all work around that

Di
Hi Di, Our problem is I am a nurse and work shifts and OH is a taxi driver so usually works weekends. If something is organised then I can try arrange my shifts at work around that and OH can hopefully just not work. Dont know if everyone wants to wait until August, cause we are over in Dublin then anyway, but dont worry if you all want to meet before then we will try to arrange a quick trip over.
Tracie
Old Jun 13th 2006, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

rcladin will become famous soon enough

We are off in 2 days, going to melbourne and here in Ashbourne Meath, we are going 15th June, dub,birmingham,dubai,melbourne here we come. My partner and the little'un

good luck to all awaiting visas and getting out of the aul emerald isle, just in time for the house market drops here, who knows,

Pity i'm not gonna be here to give my vote to someone apart from the FF/PD idiots, but will keep in touch from there

take it easy
Old Jun 13th 2006, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rcladin
We are off in 2 days, going to melbourne and here in Ashbourne Meath, we are going 15th June, dub,birmingham,dubai,melbourne here we come. My partner and the little'un

good luck to all awaiting visas and getting out of the aul emerald isle, just in time for the house market drops here, who knows,

Pity i'm not gonna be here to give my vote to someone apart from the FF/PD idiots, but will keep in touch from there

take it easy
Best of luck with your journey. I'm dead jealous. We're hoping to go to Perth around Nov all going well, but i have to say the wait is killing me.
tracie
Old Jun 13th 2006, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Best of luck with your journey. I'm dead jealous. We're hoping to go to Perth around Nov all going well, but i have to say the wait is killing me.
tracie

Best of luck Rcladin. Hope the move goes well. Enjoy your life downunder.

MK
Old Jun 13th 2006, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

rcladin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Paul Fitz
Best of luck Rcladin. Hope the move goes well. Enjoy your life downunder.

MK

thanks alot tracie and paul, we intend to give it a good go, actually the partner is an aus - so she's looking forward to going home alright. she doesn't care much for ireland and i can see why alot of the time.

i'm awaiting the same shit, shinyer bucket if you know what i mean
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:32 pm
Tra second timer

Originally Posted by rcladin

take it easy

The very best of luck to the 3 of you in Melbourne and hope you have a safe trip! Let us know how you get settled in and remember if you really want to vote you can do it via the embassy!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice

Rcladin, best of luck! Can imagine how excited you both must be feeling! We're leaving in September and although I know it will fly up, it still feels so far away!!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:39 am
Tra second timer

Hi Di, Our problem is I am a nurse and work shifts and OH is a taxi driver so usually works weekends. If something is organised then I can try arrange my shifts at work around that and OH can hopefully just not work. Dont know if everyone wants to wait until August, cause we are over in Dublin then anyway, but dont worry if you all want to meet before then we will try to arrange a quick trip over.
Tracie

Hi Tracie!

Let's see how everyone is fixed and maybe we can organise something before the school holidays? I'm easy and will go with the flow so whatever suits all is fine with me so let's hear from you all!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tracie!

Let's see how everyone is fixed and maybe we can organise something before the school holidays? I'm easy and will go with the flow so whatever suits all is fine with me so let's hear from you all!
That sounds good. I'll keep an eye on this tread and see what everyone comes up with.
Tracie
Old Jun 17th 2006, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Everyone,

I was speaking with Koonyungdi (Di) and we thought we'd toss his date out for a meet up and see how it suits everyone. Clarion hotel (beside the Liffey Valley shopping Ctr) at 8pm next Thursday? Hope everyone can make it!!!!!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by macker
Hi Everyone,

I was speaking with Koonyungdi (Di) and we thought we'd toss his date out for a meet up and see how it suits everyone. Clarion hotel (beside the Liffey Valley shopping Ctr) at 8pm next Thursday? Hope everyone can make it!!!!!

Hi there

I can make it. Hubbie will be babysitting. Can you confirm during week that it will be definitely going ahead and where exactly to meet.

Thanks

MK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.