Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any info on Coomerah?

any info on Coomerah?

Old Jan 14th 2006, 8:47 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default any info on Coomerah?

We are looking to move to Coomerah just south of Brisbane, in March and could anybody advise on the area?

We are initially going to rent for 6 months and looking for a 3/4 bed with pool and we have three kids, 15, 12 and 5

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

Trish, Rob & Family
Old Jan 14th 2006, 9:48 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any info on Coomerah?

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
We are looking to move to Coomerah just south of Brisbane, in March and could anybody advise on the area?

We are initially going to rent for 6 months and looking for a 3/4 bed with pool and we have three kids, 15, 12 and 5

Thanks.

Trish, Rob & Family

Do you mean Coomera?

We are DEFINATELY going to be moving there, hopefully within the next 6 months. I work at Upper Coomera at the moment and love the area, and it's set to become bigger and better. Being a city girl it's just what we're looking for. The Coomera state school gets loads of praise, and there are other good schools in the area. Helensvale state school being another good one just down the road. There is an excellent kindergarten which also provides pre school.

3 bedroomed rented starts averages $310 a week, don't know if this is with or without pool but there's bound to be pools about somewhere. There is a hell of a lot of building work happening up there right now. A brand new Coomera town centre is proposed to be completed in 2007. New housing estates are being built all over, both private and rented. An established 3/4 bed house can set you back $320 000 upwards. New house and land packages start around the same figure but probably average around $390 000. Land starts at about $150 000. A 900m plot is around $200 000 which is what we're looking at.

It seems a very friendly place and well spaced out. Although alot of building is happening there is still land and park preservation.

The nearer to Mount Tambourine you go the less I like it. Don't know why this is, just 'feels' different. Coomera is a large place though so we'll be away from there.

At Upper Coomera there is a good family pub/restaurant called The Lost City. Entertainment on all the time, and also a kids area for the really little ones. There is a cinema and a bowling alley going up next year and also a sharks eat all you want plus pokies place.

When the developing is complete I think it'll be a great place to live because although there is going to be a large town centre, where you actually live will feel away from it all as round all the small estates is untouched bush areas and parks.

If you want any more info let me know and I'll try to find out for you. I can do your research at the same time as my own

Marie
Old Jan 14th 2006, 12:43 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any info on Coomera?

Thanks for the info, and the correct spelling!!!!

Not too sure where in Coomera we would wish to settle but i guess we need to think of job opportunities for myself (Engineering/health and safety/process engineering).

What is the job market like out there? Would like to work locally but dont mind commuting into Brisbane.

Rob

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Do you mean Coomera?

We are DEFINATELY going to be moving there, hopefully within the next 6 months. I work at Upper Coomera at the moment and love the area, and it's set to become bigger and better. Being a city girl it's just what we're looking for. The Coomera state school gets loads of praise, and there are other good schools in the area. Helensvale state school being another good one just down the road. There is an excellent kindergarten which also provides pre school.

3 bedroomed rented starts averages $310 a week, don't know if this is with or without pool but there's bound to be pools about somewhere. There is a hell of a lot of building work happening up there right now. A brand new Coomera town centre is proposed to be completed in 2007. New housing estates are being built all over, both private and rented. An established 3/4 bed house can set you back $320 000 upwards. New house and land packages start around the same figure but probably average around $390 000. Land starts at about $150 000. A 900m plot is around $200 000 which is what we're looking at.

It seems a very friendly place and well spaced out. Although alot of building is happening there is still land and park preservation.

The nearer to Mount Tambourine you go the less I like it. Don't know why this is, just 'feels' different. Coomera is a large place though so we'll be away from there.

At Upper Coomera there is a good family pub/restaurant called The Lost City. Entertainment on all the time, and also a kids area for the really little ones. There is a cinema and a bowling alley going up next year and also a sharks eat all you want plus pokies place.

When the developing is complete I think it'll be a great place to live because although there is going to be a large town centre, where you actually live will feel away from it all as round all the small estates is untouched bush areas and parks.

If you want any more info let me know and I'll try to find out for you. I can do your research at the same time as my own

Marie
Old Jan 14th 2006, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Smile Re: any info on Coomerah?

Do you mean Coomera?

Marie
Hi Marie,

Coomera is somewhere we'll be looking at when we eventually get the ball rolling on the visa stage. We're heading to Gold Coast on monday for our reccie, we've been searching the net what seems a lifetime doing our homework on GC. Everything we've looked at looks nice, but i think Coomera or Upper Comera is where we'll head for to have a good look around.
I just hope all the building work isn't finished by the time we get there, after the visa process, as i'm in the building game myself.

Speak soon

Steve.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 12:54 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Rob,

If you have any questions we may be able to help. Our Website has some great information - please check out the "store" for free downloads. There is a suburb guide on there & details of schools.

http://www.goldcoastsmile.com/smile_store.htm

Claire
x
Old Jan 14th 2006, 4:39 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Thanks for the replies.

If anyone has anymore info on Coomerah, especially how quick we are able to get hold of rented accomodation, then it would be greatly appreciated

Rob
Old Jan 14th 2006, 6:04 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies.

If anyone has anymore info on Coomerah, especially how quick we are able to get hold of rented accomodation, then it would be greatly appreciated

Rob
http://www.coasthomes.com.au/propert...30&suburb=8381
this is Gold Coast Homes. They have lots of rental in Coomer/Upper Coomera at the moment & you can apply for them online.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 6:21 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Thank you once again.........I have just sent them an e-mail for more info etc.......

Rob

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
http://www.coasthomes.com.au/propert...30&suburb=8381
this is Gold Coast Homes. They have lots of rental in Coomer/Upper Coomera at the moment & you can apply for them online.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Thanks.

Trish, Rob & Family
You've got to be joking - that's around the same place we are looking, and I thought Australia was big eh!!!!

Judith
Old Jan 14th 2006, 6:48 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Well.......can you believe it.......we may even end up as neighbours

Round yours for a barbie then!

Rob

Originally Posted by sonictigger
You've got to be joking - that's around the same place we are looking, and I thought Australia was big eh!!!!

Judith
Old Jan 14th 2006, 10:57 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rob, from Coomera you'd probably have to commute either up to Brisbane or a little further south to the coast, but you're talking no longer than 40 mins away. There's not much at Coomera right now but in 2007 when the town centre is done there will be alot more in the way of job oppertunity. Although there are quite a few industrial places at Coomera, somebodys bound to use engineering.

As for rentals in the area, at the moment there are quite a few around. I regularly see signs up on my way to work. Not because they're crap rentals but because they're new and there was a lot of them built in one go.

I hope with all this info we get to come round for a barbie too

Marie
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

How bizarre, I always thought you were moving to Adelaide ...

Good luck with your new life, I hope the move over goes smoothly!

Nikki
xx
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:31 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
We live in Upper Coomera, close to the new Coles opened there. Great location to be central - easy drive to surfers or Mount Tamborine, easy to Brisbane too - My kids go to Upper Coomera State College and Coomera Kids Kindy - which are right next door to each other - great for after school care too. We think that school is brilliant. We moved here to be close for work purposes - Don't think I would buy here though - houses are a little close for me at this end - the other end of Reserve Road is nice though - bit more land etc.... We live in a 4 bedroomed house - double garage - large garden, quiet street, no frills but it is our 1st home here. We pay $270 a week, which assesing other places may have been quite good value - but as I said - no frills. If I had loads of cash...I'd be looking at Tallebudgera Valley.....where's that lottery ticket!
Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:57 pm
GC family day carer

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Hello,
We live in Upper Coomera, close to the new Coles opened there. Great location to be central - easy drive to surfers or Mount Tamborine, easy to Brisbane too - My kids go to Upper Coomera State College and Coomera Kids Kindy - which are right next door to each other - great for after school care too. We think that school is brilliant. We moved here to be close for work purposes - Don't think I would buy here though - houses are a little close for me at this end - the other end of Reserve Road is nice though - bit more land etc.... We live in a 4 bedroomed house - double garage - large garden, quiet street, no frills but it is our 1st home here. We pay $270 a week, which assesing other places may have been quite good value - but as I said - no frills. If I had loads of cash...I'd be looking at Tallebudgera Valley.....where's that lottery ticket!

Hi there, reckon we're gonna have to organise a Coomera meet at this rate We are looking at the other end of reserve road as we don't want to be living on somone elses doorstep. I've seen how close the houses are on your end of reserve road, not enough room to swing a cat between them. We're looking at about a 900m plot for now as that's all we can afford. Would love an acre though, keep on dreaming
Marie
Old Jan 15th 2006, 12:02 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, reckon we're gonna have to organise a Coomera meet at this rate
Lost city - January 2007 by the time the others get here! lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.