Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Hospitals Near to Townsville, Rockhampton, Bundaberg or Gladstone

Any Hospitals Near to Townsville, Rockhampton, Bundaberg or Gladstone

Old May 12th 2005, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future
Exclamation Any Hospitals Near to Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Bundaberg or Gladstone

Hi, Me and my family are moving to Austrlaia within the next 6 months if all goes well.

We are looking at 5 places at the moment (Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Gladstone).

Our next to youngest boy is going to need ongoing treatment so before we move somewhwere we need to know if his medication is available there.

If anybody lives in these areas and knows of any hospitals nearby i would be extremely grateful if you could let me know what they are called so i can contact them.

Many thanks

Tony

Last edited by SonjaNTony; May 12th 2005 at 7:01 am.
Old May 12th 2005, 7:06 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any Hospitals Near to Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Bundaberg or Gladstone

Originally Posted by SonjaNTony
Hi, Me and my family are moving to Austrlaia within the next 6 months if all goes well.

We are looking at 5 places at the moment (Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Gladstone).

Our next to youngest boy is going to need ongoing treatment so before we move somewhwere we need to know if his medication is available there.

If anybody lives in these areas and knows of any hospitals nearby i would be extremely grateful if you could let me know what they are called so i can contact them.

Many thanks

Tony
Mackay's hospital is called the Mackay Base Hospital. I suspect the others are also the ******* Base Hospital
Old May 12th 2005, 7:08 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any Hospitals Near to Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Bundaberg or Gladstone

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Mackay's hospital is called the Mackay Base Hospital. I suspect the others are also the ******* Base Hospital
try www.health.qld.gov.au
Old May 12th 2005, 12:19 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks

Tony
hiya folks how u doin?
i live in Yeppoon which is on the coast 33km from Rocky..... I can find out the names of the hospitals in Rocky for ye....I know the one in Yeppoon is The Mater Hospital
Old May 12th 2005, 12:26 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep the one in Bundy is called Bundaberg Base Hospital.

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/medical.../Bundaberg.pdf

There is also a private hospital, cant think of the name of it for the life of me!

Edit : I just read that link I posted - I wouldnt believe the last line about the typical daily temp in summer being 28 degrees C :scared:

Last edited by MrsDagboy; May 12th 2005 at 12:31 pm.
Old May 12th 2005, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by biggy
hiya folks how u doin?
i live in Yeppoon which is on the coast 33km from Rocky..... I can find out the names of the hospitals in Rocky for ye....I know the one in Yeppoon is The Mater Hospital
Hi H,
That would be great, i see the house is coming along nicely,
Thanks Again
Sonja
Old May 12th 2005, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Yep the one in Bundy is called Bundaberg Base Hospital.

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/medical.../Bundaberg.pdf

There is also a private hospital, cant think of the name of it for the life of me!

Edit : I just read that link I posted - I wouldnt believe the last line about the typical daily temp in summer being 28 degrees C :scared:
Hi Mrs Dagboy,
Thank you for the info
Sonja
Old May 12th 2005, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thank You DelBoy
Sonja
Old May 12th 2005, 11:36 pm
Absinthe Minded

Thank You DelBoy
Sonja
Pleasure...My understanding is that the Mater hospitals dotted all up the coast are the private ones