Reload this Page >

Any help Please.

Any help Please.

Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

D-SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any help Please.

Hello all
This is my first Post to the forum so be kind hahaha. I’m still living in UK and must admit I am seriously considering the move. I’m feed up with the British Government, the tax, the constant illegal immigrants, the crime rate, standards of living etc and possibly all the same reasons you have all had shared.
I have the opportunity to come and work in Australia; I was told that the best place for my line of work would be Brisbane. I’ll be honest I have never been to Australia, but do intend a few visits prior to any decision. As one so often gets told that good old saying the grass isn’t always greener. So Throughout the next few months I’ll be posting hear to ask those usuall burning questions, so please be patient with me as I’m sure someone would have asked them 100’s of times before I did.
I have 3 younger children and have asked about schooling in the Brisbane area but haven’t had much info, can any one help? The children are aged 10. 8 and 5.
Also areas to rent were to and were not to would be very good.
Any help would be gratefully accepted please add to forum any advice.

Thanks
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

StevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any help Please.

Hi D-SMITH and welcome to the forum.

If you click on Search and type Brisbane, you'll find loads of information and it takes some time to trawl through.

For me, also in the early stages of enquiries, I looked at the real estate web sites to see where I could afford and then asked residents of the area/city to give their viewpoints/where to work etc. http://realestate.com.au

With regard to standards of living, you're just going to have to either search here/the web, or ask, but don't be worried, we're a helluva friendly bunch.

Although I'm not going to Brisbane and can't help you out geographically, you've come to the right place.

Cheryl
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:35 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you have been reading the daily mail

I think if your going to visit do it in the hotest time of the year (Janb) and don't do it like a torest. If you go to the gold coast and do all the theme parks it's not really going to give you an idea of what it's like here.

Originally Posted by D-SMITH
I’m feed up with the British Government, the tax, the constant illegal immigrants, the crime rate, standards of living etc
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

D-SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themerlin
Sounds like you have been reading the daily mail

I think if your going to visit do it in the hotest time of the year (Janb) and don't do it like a torest. If you go to the gold coast and do all the theme parks it's not really going to give you an idea of what it's like here.
Thanks I have spent some time reading posts but so many, As for visiting it will be alone at first to get a feel for it, many people in my line of work are doing the same, so hope to catch up with a few . thanks
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Have a look here http://education.qld.gov.au/ for education info.

Leigh