Reload this Page >

Any help i'd appreciate.

Any help i'd appreciate.

Old May 2nd 2007, 9:57 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any help i'd appreciate.

Loads of things.....

Firstly we've got John Mason's coming round this afternoon to quote for shipping, how mad did you go when decideing what to take???
My husband if left to him would be drastically ruthless and take hardly anything.... However we bought some really nice bits of furniture with our wedding money 2 years ago that I really want to take.
Like The solid Pine bedside units
The corner and 2 seater sofa and stool. the dining table and 6 chairs. the boys bunk beds. my youngests cot (although I do anticipate him being in a bed by then I want to take it as a standby cause I know he'll sleep in that and right now can't say if he'll settle as easy in a bed - plus he doesn't get out of his cot )
Then there'll be boxes of clothes, toys, bright box, playstation 2, books, dvd's etc

Does this sound OTT?

Can you recommend any other International Removal Company (which covers Norfolk?)

Did you get stressed out filling out these medical forms (husband is in a real flap)
How long do the medicals take? I'm looking forward to taking my youngest to that about as much as i'm looking forward to the flight.
In the forms it says about development milestones for under 5's and i'm flapping about it because my youngest (20months) stopped talking at just over a year and now the only word he uses is ta (though it sounds the same he drops the t so it's just AaaaaaaA) is that going to be a problem in every other way he's on target and his understanding I think is really good????? He just doesn't say anything but aaaa

When would you book flights???? (it'll prob be another 2 months before the medicals are done and sent off, as i've been told there's a 6 week wait)
Now dashing round sorting the front garden out (it looks a mess) prior to putting house on market hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

If it sounds like i'm flapping I am, feel in very unfamiliar territory and don't really know what i'm doing so if you want to pass across words of wisdom, advise, sedate me, come over and help feel free to ???

Jen
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any help i'd appreciate.

Originally Posted by JenJen
Loads of things.....

Firstly we've got John Mason's coming round this afternoon to quote for shipping, how mad did you go when decideing what to take???
My husband if left to him would be drastically ruthless and take hardly anything.... However we bought some really nice bits of furniture with our wedding money 2 years ago that I really want to take.
The corner and 2 seater sofa and stool. the dining table and 6 chairs. the boys bunk beds. my youngests cot (although I do anticipate him being in a bed by then I want to take it as a standby cause I know he'll sleep in that and right now can't say if he'll settle as easy in a bed - plus he doesn't get out of his cot )
Then there'll be boxes of clothes, toys, bright box, playstation 2, books, dvd's etc

Does this sound OTT?

Can you recommend any other International Removal Company (which covers Norfolk?)

Did you get stressed out filling out these medical forms (husband is in a real flap)
How long do the medicals take? I'm looking forward to taking my youngest to that about as much as i'm looking forward to the flight.
In the forms it says about development milestones for under 5's and i'm flapping about it because my youngest (20months) stopped talking at just over a year and now the only word he uses is ta (though it sounds the same he drops the t so it's just AaaaaaaA) is that going to be a problem in every other way he's on target and his understanding I think is really good????? He just doesn't say anything but aaaa

When would you book flights???? (it'll prob be another 2 months before the medicals are done and sent off, as i've been told there's a 6 week wait)
Now dashing round sorting the front garden out (it looks a mess) prior to putting house on market hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

If it sounds like i'm flapping I am, feel in very unfamiliar territory and don't really know what i'm doing so if you want to pass across words of wisdom, advise, sedate me, come over and help feel free to ???

Jen
Jen, you need to slow down Don't try to do everything all at once, pace yourself or you'll make yourself ill.

Get your medicals out of the way before you worry about anything else.

As for the medicals, we were there for about half an hour, the boys went in with the male doctor and me and my daughter went in with the female doctor.

All they will do for the baby is a basic examination, a bit like what the health visitor does. It really is nothing to worry about.

Flights can wait, so can selling your house. Shipping, well IMO if you're shipping stuff, may as well take everything you can.
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:32 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Either take it all or take nothing. There is no sense in filling a container half way. There are things that make it feel like home for me that we had before we moved here and I'm really glad we brought them. My husband, on the other hand, is like yours and would have gladly sold the lot and bought new once we arrived.
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

Try to chill out a little bit would be the first thing I would advise.

I doubt they are interested in how well your little one is talking and there is no need I don't think to mention it on the form. As long as he meets the basic developmental requirements, all kids progress at different stages, my friends little girl didn't say a word until she was nearly three and is now fine, don't mention what they don't need to know.

As for shipping, we left some thkings behind like the lawnmower, garden tools and stuff and I've regretted it with the expense of buying all the things you need again when you get here. I also find UK furniture of better quality so I would be inclined to bring it with you.

I wouldn't book the flights until you have the visa in your hand and you have exhanged contracts on your house, flights can be booked last minute if necessary but they are much harder to move/cancel and a stress that you really don't need.

Good luck and try to relax, it will all come together.

rachel

Loads of things.....

Does this sound OTT?

Jen
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:34 am
Account Closed

Thanks everyone

I'm just no good at all when there's lots to do, your right Wendy I do need to slow down, but there's so much to get done, i'm trying to chip away at it but always have the feeling I should be doing more.

I would literally take everything including the teatowels lol Dorothy, there's furniture I'm not so bothered about, i'm having huge regrets about having sold our sofa bedthough as I think it might have been handy to take
An its what we used to sleep on when the younger 2 were babies if they woke through the night, god i'm a sentimental sod aren't I?

We're not very good at gardening hence why we're running round like idiots now to tidy it all up before we put it on the market Rachel lol
We have a big heavy petrol mower that i'll be very happy to say goodbye to and not much in the way of garden tools hence why I was chiselling - yes chisseling weeds out my garden last week lollllll

Rachel hubby's looking for us to settle in Point Cook do you mind me asking which area you're in?

Jen
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone

I'm just no good at all when there's lots to do, your right Wendy I do need to slow down, but there's so much to get done, i'm trying to chip away at it but always have the feeling I should be doing more.

I would literally take everything including the teatowels lol Dorothy, there's furniture I'm not so bothered about, i'm having huge regrets about having sold our sofa bedthough as I think it might have been handy to take
An its what we used to sleep on when the younger 2 were babies if they woke through the night, god i'm a sentimental sod aren't I?

We're not very good at gardening hence why we're running round like idiots now to tidy it all up before we put it on the market Rachel lol
We have a big heavy petrol mower that i'll be very happy to say goodbye to and not much in the way of garden tools hence why I was chiselling - yes chisseling weeds out my garden last week lollllll

Rachel hubby's looking for us to settle in Point Cook do you mind me asking which area you're in?Jen
Were in Point Cook although we have the house on the market at the moment so looking to move to the other side of Melbourne, over towards Frankston and Langwarrin.
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone

Rachel hubby's looking for us to settle in Point Cook do you mind me asking which area you're in?

Jen

Write a list of what you need to do and cross them off as you get things done. If you start one thing, don't move onto another until it's finished.

It's the only thing that kept me sane
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
Write a list of what you need to do and cross them off as you get things done. If you start one thing, don't move onto another until it's finished.

It's the only thing that kept me sane
Good advice!! My other half says that if you write lists its a sign of stress (der, it means we are organised!!) You're right about the sane bit. I got word from our solicitor the other day that our application is nearing completion, well of course, after that I flapped, my head was spinning! I then sat down and frantically wrote several lists But I felt a whole lot better afterwards!

And then I told my parents that brought me right down to earth! They didn't take the news well at all! Now I just feel like shit! What an emotional roller coaster this all is!

Kerry
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Good advice!! My other half says that if you write lists its a sign of stress (der, it means we are organised!!) You're right about the sane bit. I got word from our solicitor the other day that our application is nearing completion, well of course, after that I flapped, my head was spinning! I then sat down and frantically wrote several lists But I felt a whole lot better afterwards!

And then I told my parents that brought me right down to earth! They didn't take the news well at all! Now I just feel like shit! What an emotional roller coaster this all is!

Kerry

You'll get there, just keep smiling and don't let anyone get to you. Just try to shrug it off, they'll come round
Old May 2nd 2007, 5:24 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
Were in Point Cook although we have the house on the market at the moment so looking to move to the other side of Melbourne, over towards Frankston and Langwarrin.
Hi Rachel - you must be Frasers wife? Nice to meet you
We are heading to Frankston area (or thereabouts) although I have just read something that says Frankston has a higher than average crime rate so I'll have to do some more research. what is it about that area that appeals to you?
Old May 2nd 2007, 5:25 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone

Jen
Jen - I thought the move was on hold. It sounds like it's back on - Are you happy?
Old May 2nd 2007, 6:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kezzabird

Kerry
LMAO that'll be me tonight writing lists left right and centre, feel a bit better now cause i've been horse riding de-stressed and took my mind off it.
You'll all think me a coward but I haven't had the guts to tell my dad that we've been asked to go for the medicals yet it'll only upset him (though he tries to hide it) and it'll upset me to tell him.

Hi Kapri hun
Yes I thought the move was on hold, sent the company another email the other day and CC'd it to one of the manageing directors but still not heard back from them, maybe they're not interested til we have the visa and can go - I don't know???
But visa wise I feel like we've just been shoved forwards full speed. Taking part of the medical form to our dr's tomorro so he can fill in the details we need. Then we can arrange our medical appointment, we're sortin gout the x ray appointment tomorro couldn't get through today.

I'd rather be on the East side to be honest as we already have friends there and personally I think it would help me a great deal to be if not in the same town as our friends then not too far down the road.
But on the other hand I can see why hubby wants to move to Point Cook (I know lots of people see it as being too tightly packed in), I have nothing against Point Cook we spent a bit of time there last year and while the kids are young I don't think i'd mind having neighbours within shouting distance (ok whispering distance lol) maybe not so suitable for us when the kids are older, might want a bit more space and neighbours a bit further away. But it would only be 15 minutes from where he'd be working and cause he'd probably be on night shift he wouldn't have to drive a long way home tired.
Especially after he fell asleep at the wheel a couple of months back it's a concern. Plus he'd probably have to pay toll fees on the east side and I don't think at the moment he would on the West.
Personally I prefer Mulgrave, Glen Waverley, Ferntree Gully areas as we'd be not on top of but close by our friends who live in Belgrave and Rowville.

Jen
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi Rachel - you must be Frasers wife? Nice to meet you
We are heading to Frankston area (or thereabouts) although I have just read something that says Frankston has a higher than average crime rate so I'll have to do some more research. what is it about that area that appeals to you?
Hi, nice to meet you to. I just really like Frankston. Has a really lovely beach and town centre. Its right on the tip of the peninsula but still on the train line for commuting to the city. As for the crime rate, people say its higher there but coming from London it seems lovely to me. There's some really nice photos of Frankston here

http://www.travelvictoria.com.au/frankston/photos/

Hopefully we'll be moving over that way if we can sell the house were in, fingers crossed
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

oh my god we got our visa's granted!!!!!!
Must write more lists!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:09 am
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

I worry for people who put their houses up for sale before they have even got their visas in their hands, what and I suppose it does happen, your visa fell through, think of all the stress then.

It is something I would never do, after all for some people its going to take well over a year to get a visa so another few months to put house on market cant be more stressful.

I want my visa in my passport and then I will sell up and start arranging things, no point in making yourself even more stressed than need be.

I have already been writing lists as I think of things but my visa (CPV) is going to take at least 12-14 months from start to finish and I am only 11 weeks in so far (see, not counting :-) )

Wish everyone all the best - stop stressing and think of the life that you and your families are going to have.

Caz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.