Reload this Page >

any graphic designer?

any graphic designer?

Old May 7th 2007, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

artist is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow any graphic designer?

hi,
I am new in this forum ,I am wonder is there any graphic designer among you? would you plz tell me about job vacancy, salary,... in this field in OZ? I am a trade person without any university degree but almost 7 years experience. I dont know if i would have any chance to find a job or not?

thanks, artist
Old May 10th 2007, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any graphic designer?

Originally Posted by artist
hi,
I am new in this forum ,I am wonder is there any graphic designer among you? would you plz tell me about job vacancy, salary,... in this field in OZ? I am a trade person without any university degree but almost 7 years experience. I dont know if i would have any chance to find a job or not?

thanks, artist
Hi,

For Graphic Design jobs in Oz, search "Graphic Designer" here:
http://www.aquent.com.au/
For advice about your chances of getting a visa, speak to a registered migration agent - or wait for one to respond on here

Good luck

Mark
Old May 10th 2007, 9:11 am
Just Joined

mithun is an unknown quantity at this point

If you also have some .NET skills along with, then you can find jobs very easily.
Old May 10th 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

RichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of light

I am.

There seems to be loads of opportunities.

Among other things, in comparison to the United Kingdom the Aussies are behind on the internet boom. There's plenty of opportunities if you look.

Get ya name into a local paper etc. You know the deal.
Old May 11th 2007, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

PM'd you

Last edited by scottyboy; May 11th 2007 at 11:40 am.
Old May 13th 2007, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

RichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scottyboy
PM'd you
Who?
Old May 14th 2007, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by RichP
Who?
Artist I think.
Old May 14th 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RichP
I am.

There seems to be loads of opportunities.

Among other things, in comparison to the United Kingdom the Aussies are behind on the internet boom. There's plenty of opportunities if you look.

Get ya name into a local paper etc. You know the deal.
You working in graphic design?
If so how are you finding it in Aus compared to UK?
Old May 14th 2007, 2:59 pm
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

Yeah I'm a Web Designer and Illustrator and I'm wondering what things are like over there for us arty farty types.

Old May 14th 2007, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carlosthegerbil
Yeah I'm a Web Designer and Illustrator and I'm wondering what things are like over there for us arty farty types.

You got a website?
Old May 14th 2007, 8:02 pm

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

sure thing..

jungledesign.co.uk

It's got some of my cartoons/websites and photoshop work on it...

Gonna be updating it soon though, so dont be too harsh!
Old May 15th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

sure thing..

jungledesign.co.uk

It's got some of my cartoons/websites and photoshop work on it...

Gonna be updating it soon though, so dont be too harsh!
SWEEEET!

You got some really nice stuff going on there and nothing you could
be in any way harsh about. Respect due
I really like your cartoon/illo stuff and the bling bling monkey is
a way cool touch. He's in good nick to say he's so well traveled.
Wish I was.

I've got a few good links to Australian design/illustration sites which
you may or may not know about which I can share with you but I'd have
to PM them to you.

I guess you have your visa from your timeline?
What did you do your skills under and where you heading if you don't
mind me asking?

I'm going Graphics/pre-press if I ever get my ref's done.
Old May 15th 2007, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by scottyboy
SWEEEET!

You got some really nice stuff going on there and nothing you could
be in any way harsh about. Respect due
I really like your cartoon/illo stuff and the bling bling monkey is
a way cool touch. He's in good nick to say he's so well traveled.
Wish I was.

I've got a few good links to Australian design/illustration sites which
you may or may not know about which I can share with you but I'd have
to PM them to you.

I guess you have your visa from your timeline?
What did you do your skills under and where you heading if you don't
mind me asking?

I'm going Graphics/pre-press if I ever get my ref's done.
Thanks Scotty,

Unfortunately no, we do not have our Visa yet.. we are having a few problems concerning our Assurance Of Support, but hopefully those will be ironed out soon enough and we can get our Visa process rolling again!

Thanks for your kind words about my work.. I am always updating the site, so please feel free topop back and have a look at how Bling the money is getting on.. I hope to have some pictures of him sat in front of Sydney Opera House up there at some point soon!

Yeah, please PM me your sites, I would most appreciative, and also keep me updated if you get any good contacts over there, and I shall do likewise..

I got my skills done under VETASSESS, as an Industrial Designer, as this was my degree subject, but obviously I could have gone under Graphic Designer, or as a Web Designer, but the Industrial Designer one seemed to fit my degree and skills assessment really well, so went with that.

Luckily, in my Visa application I have my skills down as Industrial Designer, but my experience as a Web Designer, both of which are on the list, so it worked out quite well for me.

How you getting on with the process?
Old May 15th 2007, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Scotty,

Unfortunately no, we do not have our Visa yet.. we are having a few problems concerning our Assurance Of Support, but hopefully those will be ironed out soon enough and we can get our Visa process rolling again!

Thanks for your kind words about my work.. I am always updating the site, so please feel free topop back and have a look at how Bling the money is getting on.. I hope to have some pictures of him sat in front of Sydney Opera House up there at some point soon!

Yeah, please PM me your sites, I would most appreciative, and also keep me updated if you get any good contacts over there, and I shall do likewise..

I got my skills done under VETASSESS, as an Industrial Designer, as this was my degree subject, but obviously I could have gone under Graphic Designer, or as a Web Designer, but the Industrial Designer one seemed to fit my degree and skills assessment really well, so went with that.

Luckily, in my Visa application I have my skills down as Industrial Designer, but my experience as a Web Designer, both of which are on the list, so it worked out quite well for me.

How you getting on with the process?
Sorry to hear your having prob's with your AOS and I hope they get sorted.

I did my training in graphic design but not to degree level so I cant apply
under that but I've always done my own pre-press/repro (thank god)
so I'm going to apply under that.

My TRA is almost ready to go and has been for ages, all it needs is a few
employment ref's, a stat dec and it's done.
The fact I've been really stacked with work coupled with the "fear of failing"
have put the chocks on it for now.
Note to self: Pull finger out

I'll PM you the links and seeing as you've shown me yours, I'll show you
mine
My site's not been live very long and it's still a work in progress so I'm
not yet promoting it.

Will PM you now.

Scotty.
Old May 15th 2007, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Job done.

Hope it worked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.