Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any good sk8parks in perth? whats the music scene like

any good sk8parks in perth? whats the music scene like

Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:06 pm
family of 4

the raindodgers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any good sk8parks in perth? whats the music scene like

pleas tell me dat there is a good sk8park in perth . im advanced and jst want 2 go on big tings or jst sk8 on good stuff.

whats da music scene like im into punk and rock like greenday, foo figthers, offspring, iron maidon so on and so on. l heard that metalica is the heaviest and iron maidon aint even heard of. plus id like 2 ad r'n'b is naff! rite me bk bot ne other advice you tink is best 2 know
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Willow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any good sk8parks in perth? whats the music scene like

hi there me and my son like the same kind of music as u do and my other half is out in OZ and he says the music is total dif out there so i think when i get out there in 3 weeks i will have to show them some good music as to what i hurd in my fella's car was the radio and OMG i aint listening to that thay have hurd of some good bands he said but he not heard any the music like green day and such

all the best willow (caz)
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:17 pm
oneday someday

jas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the rough

My very good friend who is from Australia and studying at the same university as myself likes all of the above bands, similar to myself. She also has shown me the ways of aussie music.. for example The Superjesus, Grinspoon, Something for Kate, Jebediah.. etc.. not all of those being in the same line as what you quote above but most UK music can be heard worldwide - travel anywhere in Europe and you hear UK music.. Australia differs as you would expect - you cant expect them to play the same music all the time - but if you know where to look/listen you shouldnt miss out! Perth 96FM is a good radio station, can be heard online at http://www.96fm.com.au/flashsite.htm which although plagued by adverts does play some good music (and some classic dodgy tunes too, eek!)

Thing is though, you will still be able to buy the music even if you have to resort to the web, and your taste in music (good, albeit different to what your new aussie mates might expect) is a good talking point - they can experience your stuff and share theirs with you - skate music is similar world over, in my experience!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

hunter will become famous soon enoughhunter will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by the raindodgers
pleas tell me dat there is a good sk8park in perth . im advanced and jst want 2 go on big tings or jst sk8 on good stuff.

whats da music scene like im into punk and rock like greenday, foo figthers, offspring, iron maidon so on and so on. l heard that metalica is the heaviest and iron maidon aint even heard of. plus id like 2 ad r'n'b is naff! rite me bk bot ne other advice you tink is best 2 know

Try Here

http://www.hq.org.au/areas/skate/

in Leederville about 2 km from the centre in Perth city CBD and has a train station close by.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:00 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the raindodgers

Green Day are coming to Joondalup (in Perth) soon.

Best radio stations are Triple J (no adverts) and RTRFM (very few adverts, mainly for clubs and bands)
Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:53 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Green Day are coming to Joondalup (in Perth) soon.

Best radio stations are Triple J (no adverts) and RTRFM (very few adverts, mainly for clubs and bands)
Green Day are coming to Melb on 10th March. And I'm going

The bands you list are all played over here. Iron Maiden...welll they're a bit past it now. (I saw them over 20 years ago :scared: )

Triple M best station. Though music direction has just changed dramatically.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:10 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HUP
Green Day are coming to Melb on 10th March. And I'm going

The bands you list are all played over here. Iron Maiden...welll they're a bit past it now. (I saw them over 20 years ago :scared: )

Triple M best station. Though music direction has just changed dramatically.
S'funny, I thought I saw Iron Maiden at No. 1 on TOTP the other week. (old song tho)
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:20 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Del Boy
S'funny, I thought I saw Iron Maiden at No. 1 on TOTP the other week. (old song tho)
I used to do a bit of work for Iron Maiden, I've been to Steve Harris' essex mansion and seen loads of "Eddies" in his lockup. I' went out drinking with Dave Murray once.

My claim to fame....
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:53 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Are you sure that it wasn't TOTP2. If there coming back I'm gonna run to the hills :scared:

If there coming back it means they speant all the money
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:57 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HUP
Are you sure that it wasn't TOTP2. If there coming back I'm gonna run to the hills :scared:

If there coming back it means they speant all the money
hmmm, not sure, only caught the end...

Being over here you do miss out on most uk music trends to a large extent..but I suspect they've had a cult following in the interim..

However, I do stand to be corrected