Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any golfers in WA?? THinking of starting up a new golf society....

Any golfers in WA?? THinking of starting up a new golf society....

Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

TinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really nice
Default Any golfers in WA?? THinking of starting up a new golf society....

Hi Guys and girls (not sexist)

I came over in January, and had to wait for the clubs to arrive, but I used to run a golf society in the UK for all abilities, with prizes and trophies and an end of year prize, with about 4 or 5 venues(often different) a year.

I would love to meet up with a few more same-minded people, that enjoy golf, but don't take it too seriously, as at the minute there are only 3 of us that get together on a regular basis, so if you're interested, leave me a message with your number or phone me on

Cheers,

Chris

Last edited by Dorothy; Jun 20th 2009 at 7:21 am. Reason: Phone number removed. Please think about whether you really want your phone number on the internet.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any golfers in WA?? THinking of starting up a new golf society....

Chris,

I'm up for it, I am a member at The Vines (that doesn't reflect my standard though ). I am always up for a game.

Cheers LL
Old Jun 16th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

TinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really nice

Great stuff. Pm your details(phone number etc).

Not sure all our venues will be up to the standard of The Vines, but I will keep you posted when our numbers have grown enough for a society day!!

Was it just yourself, or do you know of any others?

Cheers,

Chris
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TinaandChris

I came over in January, and had to wait for the clubs to arrive, but I used to run a golf society in the UK for all abilities, with prizes and trophies and an end of year prize, with about 4 or 5 venues(often different) a year.

I would love to meet up with a few more same-minded people, that enjoy golf, but don't take it too seriously, as at the minute there are only 3 of us that get together on a regular basis, so if you're interested, leave me a message with your number or phone me o

Cheers,

Chris
Mate not a good thing to put your number on the open fourm, get a mod to remove it ASAP. Good luck with the golf
Old Jun 20th 2009, 7:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff. Pm your details(phone number etc).

Not sure all our venues will be up to the standard of The Vines, but I will keep you posted when our numbers have grown enough for a society day!!

Was it just yourself, or do you know of any others?

Cheers,

Chris
My husband and I would probably be interested. I haven't picked up my clubs for about 4 years, so will be really rusty. OH was out once last December, but that's it.

Post some dates and times and we'll be there.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

It looks like we'll be moving on 17th July, so as soon as I can get organised, it will happen after that.
Good to know we have a few more golfers out there, and the standard is not important at this stage....
Good to hear from you. Will be in touch

Chris
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Andy Cal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chris

Just found your post on the site. A group of us are setting up a golf society here in Perth, we are based in Duncraig. If you are interested in joining/ advising us on setting up it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks

Andy

I would love to meet up with a few more same-minded people, that enjoy golf, but don't take it too seriously, as at the minute there are only 3 of us that get together on a regular basis, so if you're interested, leave me a message with your number or phone me on

Cheers,

Chris
Old Jun 29th 2009, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy[/QUOTE]

A keen ex-uk society golfer, but SOR, would travel though.

Dave
Old Jul 25th 2009, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Anything planned yet? If not I propose a golf day at The Vines, dates and times TBA.
Handicaps below 10 are frowned on
Members guests are $35 for 18 holes (I'll check on the max number of guests per member - maybe need to Mrs LL to join us to allow more guests).

Lets get a list of names together.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 9:10 am
Life is for living

Mamma Minty is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont know if i have done this right, but my hubby is a keen golfer, and lives in Duncraig. We've been in Perth 2 years and he is still struggling to get regular games, mainly due to two little boys!!! Let me know if you need any more society members.

Originally Posted by Andy Cal
Hi Chris

Just found your post on the site. A group of us are setting up a golf society here in Perth, we are based in Duncraig. If you are interested in joining/ advising us on setting up it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks

Andy
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
Anything planned yet? If not I propose a golf day at The Vines, dates and times TBA.
Members guests are $35 for 18 holes (I'll check on the max number of guests per member - maybe need to Mrs LL to join us to allow more guests).

Hi,

Just let me know date and time, I'll look forward to it!

Have moved now, so stress is over...

May have 2 others to join us as well...maybe 3

Will it be a week day or weekend?

Cheers, Chris
Old Jul 28th 2009, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers, Chris[/QUOTE]

Interested but SOR...hmmm...

Old Jul 28th 2009, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Once we get together and get up and running, I'm sure we'll have golf days sor too, as lots of friends come from Borragoon way etc.

Loads of courses to try in WA, so be good to see ya
Old Jul 29th 2009, 3:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond

We're in. Both of us work M-F, so will have to be weekends. Let me know date/time.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

matty123123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I live SOR near Cokburn and would be very intrested in any golf that is happening, dont have an official handicap not too bad tho'. Played the Vines once a few years back on holiday.

Is there anything in the pipeline at the moment?

Thanks

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.