Any geologists?

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any geologists?

Hi, i am moving to sydney as a geoloist and was wondering if there are any others who have gone or are planning to?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:27 am
Just Joined

amt383 is just really niceamt383 is just really niceamt383 is just really niceamt383 is just really niceamt383 is just really niceamt383 is just really niceamt383 is just really niceamt383 is just really nice
Default Re: Any geologists?

Just been offered a job in brisbane and waiting to hear back from a FIFO out of Perth.... what kind of job were you offered in Sydney, consultancy ?

Amy
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:29 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
Hi, i am moving to sydney as a geoloist and was wondering if there are any others who have gone or are planning to?
You lucky bugger. You'll find your geology degree is a licence to print money.

You ought to come to WA though.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Mining engineers >>>> geologists ;P
Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

s1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nice

Originally Posted by verystormy
Howdoo!

Kate and I arrived in Sydney two weeks ago and she started her job as a Land Contamination Project Manager yesterday. Just had a call from her and she is driving out of Sydney on a beautiful north coastal road to look at 'some dirt' as she puts it - only day two and she's loving it.

No doubt you will feel the same way too!

Good Luck,

Simon
Old Mar 11th 2008, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
Good to hear there are some more geo's heading out. I am doing FIFO from Sydney, working in several locations around NSW doing exploration. What about you Amy - exploration?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:22 am
Just Joined

amt383 is just really niceamt383 is just really niceamt383 is just really niceamt383 is just really niceamt383 is just really niceamt383 is just really niceamt383 is just really niceamt383 is just really nice

Well speaking of waiting to hear back from Perth.... got the job! It's exploration on a 9/5 roster... like the sound of that, can't decide now!
The Brizzy job is based in the city in a consultancy travelling out when and where your needed on a range of projects

Last edited by amt383; Mar 11th 2008 at 11:50 am.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by amt383
Well speaking of waiting to hear back from Perth.... got the job! It's exploration on a 9/5 roster... like the sound of that, can't decide now!
The Brizzy job is based in the city in a consultancy travelling out when and where your needed on a range of projects... mainly coal though...
Hi Amy, thats great. Which company is it with? I assume you are at Uni at the moment - where? I am at Leicester and going to be working for CBH Resources. I think i know the company in Brizzy, as they came here and block intervied, but nobody really fancied it.
9/5 rosta is pretty good, i am doing 14/7. Have you done exploration before?
Old Mar 15th 2008, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Have decided to take the Perth Job... No not done any exploration, bit of a big adventure! At Birmingham Uni ..... hopefully heading out after graduation!! Did you specifically want to go to Sydney... I didn't really see that many exploration jobs out there, maybe I wasn't looking in the right place!! Thank god for seek.com.au thats all i can say!!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by amt383
Have decided to take the Perth Job... No not done any exploration, bit of a big adventure! At Birmingham Uni ..... hopefully heading out after graduation!! Did you specifically want to go to Sydney... I didn't really see that many exploration jobs out there, maybe I wasn't looking in the right place!! Thank god for seek.com.au thats all i can say!!
Hi Amy

Didnt particularly want to go to Sydney, but was pleased when we were told thats were we would be, as previously the company had said we would be residential in one of the small outback towns.
There arent a huge amount of companies in Sydney - about 5% of the mining / exploration.
I am lucky, as have done two summers on work placements doing exploration, one in Chile and all last summer in China, so have a good idea of what is expected of me. I have no exams, so not waiting around for graduation - going the 10 May, then might come back for graduation in July. Whats the name of the company you are going to work for?