Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any families living on Central Coast??

Any families living on Central Coast??

Old Jul 10th 2008, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Danifitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Any families living on Central Coast??

Hi there,

Me and the family are moving to the Central Coast from Ireland in Sept and would like to know where would the "family friendly" areas be.
Looking at Kincumber and surrounding areas because we are also interested in putting the kids into the catholic school there so any info on good schools would be a bonus.
Will be renting for a year when we get there but will obviously want to settle into the right area for the kids sake (3 girls, twins 6 in Dec and 20 months).

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Dani
Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any families living on Central Coast??

Originally Posted by Danifitz
Hi there,

Me and the family are moving to the Central Coast from Ireland in Sept and would like to know where would the "family friendly" areas be.
Looking at Kincumber and surrounding areas because we are also interested in putting the kids into the catholic school there so any info on good schools would be a bonus.
Will be renting for a year when we get there but will obviously want to settle into the right area for the kids sake (3 girls, twins 6 in Dec and 20 months).

Thanks
Dani
We too are going in September, flying from Dublin. Central coast is quite vague - ok, just googled it and see its in NSW. We are heading for Sunshine Coast in QLD so sorry, can't help.

Welcome to BE anyway, I'm sure you will get lots of useful info on here.

Good luck with your imminent move.

Lynn xx
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Shaundawn will become famous soon enough

We are going to be looking at Terrigal area when we arrive.
Have done a lot of research on the Central Coast and this looks like a place which could suit us.
Cheaper alternative to Sydney, with lovely beaches, cafes, bars etc.
Not sure about schools as we dont have kids.
Hope this is of some help.
Dawn
Old Jul 12th 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

redissue has a spectacular aura aboutredissue has a spectacular aura aboutredissue has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Danifitz
Hi there,

Thanks
Dani
We have settled in Woy Woy - just 15 min drive from Kincumber. It is lovely here - surrounded by National Parks, beaches and water. We have 2 under 6, the eldest is starting school in January. There are loads of kids around here. The average age around here appears to be decreasing as more and more younger people / families move North from Sydney due to the cost of housing there. Woy Woy and Umina Beach have 4 public primary schools between them, Umina being the biggest by far. The zoning keeps on getting moved for entry into that school to try and lower the numbers going and sharing the kids out, so to speak. There is also a Catholic school here. Talking to people around here they all appear to be decent schools.
As far as making sure your children are happy goes, we are surrounded by beaches of all shapes and sizes, quite ones, busier ones (though compared to UK ones then they are deserted!), deserted ones, and so on. That is usually enough for kids(!), but there are ones at the end of trails in the NPs which are good if you want a walk first. There are coastal walks, a cycle way upto Gosford from Woy Woy which is being completed now. There is something called the nippers, which I believe is the introduction for lifesavers from about 6 years up. Loads of sports - football is particularly popular, esp. for girls, and there are loads of teams here. Swimming lessons at the leisure centre, dance classes all over the place, netball, and so on. I think that you could be dropping them off to different activities every day.
We moved here last November, and are just about to move into our own house here. I commute into Sydney and coming down the road into Woy Woy still puts a smile on my face - it is such a lovely place. More like Wow Wow.
Feel free to ask/PM if you require anymore info about anything here.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Hello all those who have settled in the Central Coast! We just arrived here in December 2008. We have settled in at Macmasters Beach and really like the area.

We are interested in information on schools! I called the administration office and was told that we cannot register until 27 January for the public schools - the first day of classes.

I'm wondering about private schools - what do people recommend and are there waiting lists? I tried calling but no answer there either - due to holidays.

Thanks for your help

Catheriner