Reload this Page >

Any Drainers applied for TRA

Any Drainers applied for TRA

Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Walshfamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Any Drainers applied for TRA

Hi

Is there anyone who has applied to TRA as drainer?

Has anyone got any advise on what type of info was submitted and how long it took.

Cheers
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

emmie.c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Drainers applied for TRA

Hi my o/h has applied as a drainer on a TRA we have just sent it to our agent and it should be leaving the uk soon hopefully.
we had to do the usual refs from all the jobs my o/h has had since leaving school which took a while as he has had 9 jobs in total. plus write a detailed information to each job with what tools and machinery we used and end product made.
The last two jobs he did were both in the construction industry, firstly he was employed as a multi skilled groundworker (as he still is at present), but a groundworker is not on the skilled list as you probably know. So after much searching we found drainer. which he does do drainage work in his present and last job as he works on water treatment sites replacing pipes and repairing man holes and storm tanks so we went with this. We had to get his present employer to put in his work ref that he is employed as a drainer and then get his worksforman to write a ref stating his daily duties explaining how he was trained on the job using any work training certificate he had.Including any pictures he had of him working.
Then we had to start writing a statutory declaration stating how he was trained from the beginning knowing nothing, learning on the job and how long it took. saying that after 18 month he was fully trained and left to complete tasks on his own then being passed by his foreman for the next 6 months.
this must be like a story of your every day work, pick a simple job first explaining how you do this job including tools used, then work through all you know and do one at a time leaving the most difficult till last. Use the points on the skilled list for drainer and include as many of these point as you can.
I hope this is making some sense to you my o/h was quite bewildered by it all but it took him 3 days locked in the dinning room on his own and lots of paper. 7 sheets later i typed it all up printed it off and he had to take it to a solicitor to have it signed.
We wouldn't have know all this with out the help of our agent but if you are going it alone hope this helps, if you want any more info send me a p/m and i will try to help more good luck emmie.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

anderson family is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emmie.c
Hi my o/h has applied as a drainer on a TRA we have just sent it to our agent and it should be leaving the uk soon hopefully.
we had to do the usual refs from all the jobs my o/h has had since leaving school which took a while as he has had 9 jobs in total. plus write a detailed information to each job with what tools and machinery we used and end product made.
The last two jobs he did were both in the construction industry, firstly he was employed as a multi skilled groundworker (as he still is at present), but a groundworker is not on the skilled list as you probably know. So after much searching we found drainer. which he does do drainage work in his present and last job as he works on water treatment sites replacing pipes and repairing man holes and storm tanks so we went with this. We had to get his present employer to put in his work ref that he is employed as a drainer and then get his worksforman to write a ref stating his daily duties explaining how he was trained on the job using any work training certificate he had.Including any pictures he had of him working.
Then we had to start writing a statutory declaration stating how he was trained from the beginning knowing nothing, learning on the job and how long it took. saying that after 18 month he was fully trained and left to complete tasks on his own then being passed by his foreman for the next 6 months.
this must be like a story of your every day work, pick a simple job first explaining how you do this job including tools used, then work through all you know and do one at a time leaving the most difficult till last. Use the points on the skilled list for drainer and include as many of these point as you can.
I hope this is making some sense to you my o/h was quite bewildered by it all but it took him 3 days locked in the dinning room on his own and lots of paper. 7 sheets later i typed it all up printed it off and he had to take it to a solicitor to have it signed.
We wouldn't have know all this with out the help of our agent but if you are going it alone hope this helps, if you want any more info send me a p/m and i will try to help more good luck emmie.
hi i am also a groundwork in the uk, and am applying as a drainer, just wanted to know how you got on with your tra ?
Having a nightmare so far so any help greatly
thanks

Anthony Anderson
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi Anthony, we are still waiting for our TRA results don't know yet if we have been excepted got it in before the sept 1st deadline and before they removed cat 'D' of their list so fingers crossed. It was one big head ache geting all the paperwork together as i'm sure you know.
Good luck with your TRA if you managed to send it off before this all changed,
if you did'nt i did hear that they will probably reinstate cat 'D' but its going to be alot strickter so we will have to wait and see, don't know when this will happen not to long away i hope just in case our TRA is on the next plane back Emmie
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

anderson family is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emmie.c
Hi Anthony, we are still waiting for our TRA results don't know yet if we have been excepted got it in before the sept 1st deadline and before they removed cat 'D' of their list so fingers crossed. It was one big head ache geting all the paperwork together as i'm sure you know.
Good luck with your TRA if you managed to send it off before this all changed,
if you did'nt i did hear that they will probably reinstate cat 'D' but its going to be alot strickter so we will have to wait and see, don't know when this will happen not to long away i hope just in case our TRA is on the next plane back Emmie
Just a quick one has your oh got a cscs card for pipe laying ?
And where abouts in oz are you hoping to go. We are heading to perth, loads of groundwork and good money.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi no he hasn't, hes got a cscs card for dumper truck and roller, but he has got certificates in electro fusion and butt fusion and a few other collected along the way with work. we are to hoping to go to Perth, but we are still having probs with our TRA, it was sent well in time before the big change and agent emailed to see whats going on and they did'nt know where it was it since has been sent back, although they had stamped it to say they recived it a week before the change of cat 'd', so its in the hands of our agent as others sent the same time were stamped and passed, i think they set aside ours for some reason and forgot it then just gathered it up with all the later ones and shoved it in the post. so still waiting to see what happens hope yours is going a little easier, Emmie