Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Divers in Cairns ?

Any Divers in Cairns ?

Old May 10th 2008, 11:03 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any Divers in Cairns ?

Hi all we are currently living in Dunedin NZ and have been here 3 years this May 20th, but looking to the future and would love to take people out Diving on the Reef, anyone on here know what the wages are like ??

I am running my own property maintenace business here and can do lots of Trade skills, i have Roofing, Carpentry and Joinery, and Plumbing quals, hows the work / jobs for those lines and whats the best web site for jobs there in Cairns?
Old May 10th 2008, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any Divers in Cairns ?

Originally Posted by Fooferfish
Hi all we are currently living in Dunedin NZ and have been here 3 years this May 20th, but looking to the future and would love to take people out Diving on the Reef, anyone on here know what the wages are like ??

I am running my own property maintenace business here and can do lots of Trade skills, i have Roofing, Carpentry and Joinery, and Plumbing quals, hows the work / jobs for those lines and whats the best web site for jobs there in Cairns?

Before you get too excited about your trade skills have a look through here http://www.bsa.qld.gov.au/Home/Default.htm

WW
Old May 11th 2008, 5:37 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

MMMM BUT What about people who need handyman jobs doing there is always a need for that, alot of people in NZ dont want to try and find Tradesmen or cant or wont pay their $50+gst just to do the smaller jobs around the house, there must be room for that over there.

Will have to do more research through this winter.

Thanks for the reply, i am also looking into doing a Dive Master ticket in Dunedin and see where that would take us in NQLD?
Old May 11th 2008, 6:40 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fooferfish
MMMM BUT What about people who need handyman jobs doing there is always a need for that, alot of people in NZ dont want to try and find Tradesmen or cant or wont pay their $50+gst just to do the smaller jobs around the house, there must be room for that over there.

Will have to do more research through this winter.

Thanks for the reply, i am also looking into doing a Dive Master ticket in Dunedin and see where that would take us in NQLD?
lots of divers in cairns. the wages are crap and being only a divemaster wont do much for you here.diving is a lifestyle thing and for you to take people diving would prove very expensive. you would have to buy a boat for a start.