Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any choosing Tasmania?

Any choosing Tasmania?

Old Mar 6th 2007, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any choosing Tasmania?

Hi there

Just picking your collective brains about Tasmania. We have changed our minds where we wouldd like to settle several times, overall the Fleurieu peninsula near Adelaide is top at the moment.
However we went to the Emigrate show at theweekend and spent lots of time with the Tasmania stand and really like the look of it. Sounds like a great place to bring up a family, lots of nature parks etc.
Does anyone have any info on job oppotunities, My OH is pharmacist and I'm a midwife.
What is the weather really like?
And very importantly are there less creepy crawlies there? Have been terrified by some of the threads regarding spiders
Sammy
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Davla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any choosing Tasmania?

Hi sammy,
Try 'careerone.com.au and seek.com.au' Ian & Helena passed it on to me. There are quite a few on BE from Tas, willing to help. We are looking to emigrate there end of the year fingers crossed and! Good luck with yours.
Law x
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:25 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Possoms is on her way there as we speak!! Watch out for her thread when she gets there - should be any day now!!!!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:48 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Any choosing Tasmania?

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi there

Just picking your collective brains about Tasmania. We have changed our minds where we wouldd like to settle several times, overall the Fleurieu peninsula near Adelaide is top at the moment.
However we went to the Emigrate show at theweekend and spent lots of time with the Tasmania stand and really like the look of it. Sounds like a great place to bring up a family, lots of nature parks etc.
Does anyone have any info on job oppotunities, My OH is pharmacist and I'm a midwife.
And very importantly are there less creepy crawlies there? Have been terrified by some of the threads regarding spiders
Sammy
See below for some photos of Tasmania from my visit last year. (Greatly reduced in size - and consequently reduced in quality, alas).

You will find plenty more clicking here.
Attached Thumbnails Any choosing Tasmania?-bradys-lookout-5.jpg   Any choosing Tasmania?-rosevears-pub.jpg   Any choosing Tasmania?-gorge-4.jpg   Any choosing Tasmania?-launceston-albert-hall.jpg   Any choosing Tasmania?-launceston-post-office.jpg  

Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks v much Vash, got so distracted ending up reading your whole tale!
Sounds fab, loved all the piccies.
Can't wait to get out there and see all this for ourselves, wish it wasn't so darned expensive!
Sammy
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:56 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Any choosing Tasmania?

Thanks v much Vash, got so distracted ending up reading your whole tale!

Sounds fab, loved all the piccies.

Can't wait to get out there and see all this for ourselves, wish it wasn't so darned expensive!

Sammy
Cheers mate!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

Sammy
this is what the weather's like here:
http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/tas/

creepy crawlies here as well-we've only got 3 species of snake though!( all venomous, unfortunately)-and i appear to have a baby huntsman living in the back of my PC monitor....
Old Mar 7th 2007, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

This weeks Government jobs in Tassie

http://www.jobs.tas.gov.au/browse/ga...hp?gazette=297
Old Mar 7th 2007, 4:01 am
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ianandhelena

and i appear to have a baby huntsman living in the back of my PC monitor....

Maybe he`s going to open his own WEB page
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Great, thanks for web sites, got a bit lost on the weather one, a bit technical for me, have to OH to look at that, he's the weather spotter.
Good site for jobs, unfortunately lots that would suit me but none for OH, I was hoping to take it easy while he went out ot work (good job he doesn't come on here to read that!)
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Hi there

Sammy
Hi Sammy,
I am a nurse and I am choosing Tassie. We went there for 10 days last October and loved it. We have friends near Cressy and I would like very much to work in Launceston General Hospital. We preferred Lonnie to Hobart, but then we are country bumpkins. ( and will therefore I hear fit right in in Tassie!). We have squillions of pics of Tassie I could send you some?

I am waiting for my skills assessment then will be applying for a 136 Visa. My other 1/2 is a social worker and there doesn't seem to be much for him either!

Cathy.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:38 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

We are going to Tasmania, The main reason is my wifes Mother lives there.
But we are also looking at having kids and Tasmania looks like the ideal place. Lots of parks and things to do. And also handy if you want to nip to Melbourne. You have a choice of the ferry or a plane.
Hope it all goes well and maybe see you in Tassie.
Gary and Vikky
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow
Hi Sammy,
I am a nurse and I am choosing Tassie. We went there for 10 days last October and loved it. We have friends near Cressy and I would like very much to work in Launceston General Hospital. We preferred Lonnie to Hobart, but then we are country bumpkins. ( and will therefore I hear fit right in in Tassie!). We have squillions of pics of Tassie I could send you some?

I am waiting for my skills assessment then will be applying for a 136 Visa. My other 1/2 is a social worker and there doesn't seem to be much for him either!

Cathy.
Hi Cathy
When you say you are waiting for your skills assessment do you mean with the ANMC or direct with Tasmania. I've been looking at ANMC stuff and have a problem as both the schools where I did my nurse and midwifery training don't exist any more, so I've emailed to find out about transcripts as they require them.
Have you requested NMC to send verifications, do the receiving bodies just file them away or what?
At the moment we are getting very bogged down in all the info, its all a bit overwhelming!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Hi Folks

I'm new to this site (be gentle!) We are off to Tassie soon I hope just had meds now waiting for Visas. My other half is a Diesel Fitter (fixes diggers dumpers that sort of thing) Have done a subclass 136 visa application its a long old process but got there in the end. We also got State Nomination as a result of keeping intouch with the woman on the Tassie stand at the London Expo. She put us intouch with a gem of a solicitor in Hobart who has sorted everything out for us, couldn't have done it without him.
everyone keep your fingers crossed for us!

Kerry
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:36 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Hi Folks

I'm new to this site (be gentle!) We are off to Tassie soon I hope just had meds now waiting for Visas. My other half is a Diesel Fitter (fixes diggers dumpers that sort of thing) Have done a subclass 136 visa application its a long old process but got there in the end. We also got State Nomination as a result of keeping intouch with the woman on the Tassie stand at the London Expo. She put us intouch with a gem of a solicitor in Hobart who has sorted everything out for us, couldn't have done it without him.
everyone keep your fingers crossed for us!

Kerry
We are choosing Tassie main reason wife's mum lives there but also its really nice and not rushed. Lots of outdoor activity's for you to do. Also house prices are lower we are new to the housing ladder.
Might even look at buying a peice of land and building a house then we can have what we want!!!
Good luck with your move and to all the other people looking at going to Tassie. Who knows maybe we could have a big meet over there when we are all over!!!
Gary and Vikky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.