Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Brylcream users out there? does Oz stock it??

Any Brylcream users out there? does Oz stock it??

Old Sep 20th 2008, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

crystalrose is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Any Brylcream users out there? does Oz stock it??

Hi Guys

I know soo 1960's but OH uses it for his hair and swears by it!!!
He fly's out in October and has asked me to put a thread on to find out if they sell this stuff in Oz??

Thank you for taking the time out to read my thread I do appreciate any help you have!!
Old Sep 20th 2008, 2:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brylcream users out there? does Oz stock it??

I know they say we're 20 years behind the rest of the world, but that's taking it a bit too far. Just tell him that no, blokes here don't use that stuff in their hair and you know the saying...When in Rome.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crystalrose
Hi Guys

He fly's out in October and has asked me to put a thread on to find out if they sell this stuff in Oz??

Thank you for taking the time out to read my thread I do appreciate any help you have!!
They used to when I was kid - think they still do - only used by those over 80 still fortunate to have hair though.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

stepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nice

Hi Guys

Brylcream underwent a dramatic change in the UK a few years back, it doesn't come in the old red pot any more does it ?? found a site that does some of the products so with a bit of searching I think you would be able to get it
http://www.myshopping.com.au/PT--217...m__fs_3630_e__
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Any Brylcream users out there? does Oz stock it??

Originally Posted by stepbeanie
Brylcream underwent a dramatic change in the UK a few years back, it doesn't come in the old red pot any more does it ?? found a site that does some of the products so with a bit of searching I think you would be able to get it
http://www.myshopping.com.au/PT--217...m__fs_3630_e__

Sadly they DO still sell Brylcream in the old red pot

Thank you so much for the link that is very useful at least life is all not over for the OH when he reaches OZ I have established he can still buy Brylcream!!

Thank you everyone for taking time to read my thread!!!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 8:16 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

They sell it everywhere. Today I've seen it in Priceline (similar to Boots) and Coles (Supermarket). Both the red and the blue tub.

I see it everytime I buy hair stuff, no matter where I am.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oliver1982
They sell it everywhere. Today I've seen it in Priceline (similar to Boots) and Coles (Supermarket). Both the red and the blue tub.

I see it everytime I buy hair stuff, no matter where I am.

Thank you Oliver OH will be ecstatic he can purchase it virtually everywhere!!!
He had even reached the point where he was preparing himself to shave his hair off to a number one!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:17 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Oliver OH will be ecstatic he can purchase it virtually everywhere!!!
He had even reached the point where he was preparing himself to shave his hair off to a number one!
Failing that you could get him to try using Oz Cottage Cheese... it has a similar taste and consistence to Brylcream
Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Failing that you could get him to try using Oz Cottage Cheese... it has a similar taste and consistence to Brylcream
Sounds perfect
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kim67
They used to when I was kid - think they still do - only used by those over 80 still fortunate to have hair though.

HAAAAAAAAA haaaaaaaa isn't it 50s though anyway???