Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Brummies out there in Brisbane?

Any Brummies out there in Brisbane?

Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:01 pm
Nov 27th 2003: Brisbane

BrisbaneBrummie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brummies out there in Brisbane?

Will be moving there in November, along with my girlfriend who is from Brisbane, who I met when I went there to watch the cricket. (first test match,) I didn't meet her AT the cricket, she has asked me point this out! LOL

Are there any Brummies out there? Preferably the Blue and White kind.....but push come to shove, I'll befriend even the claret and blue ones! LOL

I've heard that foxsports show the same live football games as we get here on sky sports.......can anyone confirm this? and on the same subject, are there any pubs where footie fans get together to watch English Premier league football?

Looking forward to the move.

Trev

Last edited by BrisbaneBrummie; Sep 21st 2003 at 6:57 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 7:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Trev,

Not really an answer to your question, but the coincidence is so great I couldn't ignore it!
Lived near Brum for a while as a kid, though have been down south since the age of 11, so I don't really count, but I arrive in Brisbane on Nov 2nd, to join my Bloke - who is a Queenslander born & bred. Met him at the MCG in 2001 (cricket ground number 1); Bought tickets for the first Ashes Test at the Gabba last November as a brithday pressie - we had a fantastic day and that was the day he asked me to marry him (cricket ground number 2!) Hardly dare to go near a cricket ground now - especially as the Gabba also figures in your romance!
Must be something about the spirit of Aussie cricket...... See you at the next Ashes Test in Brissie!

PS Not really a follower of English soccer now, but still have a soft spot for Notts Forest.

Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:41 pm

Thanks for replying!

Yeah.....it's a small world as I've already heard this evening from someone else! LOL

My girl is a true Brisbane girl too, I guess were both very lucky...... it's a great place to live!

See you around!

Trev
Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brummies out there in Brisbane?

Originally posted by BrisbaneBrummie
Will be moving there in November, along with my girlfriend who is from Brisbane, who I met at the first ashes test match last November.

Are there any Brummies out there? Preferably the Blue and White kind.....but push come to shove, I'll befriend even the claret and blue ones! LOL

I've heard that foxsports show the same live football games as we get here on sky sports.......can anyone confirm this? and on the same subject, are there any pubs where footie fans get together to watch English Premier league football?

Trev

Hi Trev

Here is a Brummie in Lincolnshire, soon to be in Perth (October)
Didnt meet the wife at a cricket match though.

Tony C
Old Sep 18th 2003, 8:58 pm

Hi Tony

Hope all goes well for you in Perth!

Trev
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:37 pm
earlswood

Trev,

We're Brummies hopefully going to Brissie next summer.

Anything wrong with the baggies? (SSHHHH Hubbie supports Liverpool)
This message will self distruct in 60 seconds

Earlswood

Old Sep 18th 2003, 11:04 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Brummie by marriage if that counts, lived in Shirley, Edgbaston, City Centre and then fianlly Oldbury before coming here. Wife is Villa supporter, father in law supports the Blues. The 'british' pub chain the Pig & Whistle shows the football (err soccer)
Old Sep 19th 2003, 12:04 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

There are plenty of Wolves fans in Brisvegas (me included).

I used to live in Egdbaston, just off the Hagley road.

I did meet a blues fan in a gym once.

brisnick

Old Sep 19th 2003, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

SeanH is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There

Generally Fox shows 4 games of Premier League a week .
This is the schedule for games this coming weekend.

Sept 19 English Premier League Preview 8.30pm

Sept 20 Wolves v Chelsea LIVE 9.25pm

Sept 20 Leeds v Birmingham LIVE 11.55pm

Sept 21 Middlesbrough v Everton LIVE 11pm

Sept 22 Manchester United v Arsenal LIVE 1am

The games they show is pretty much the luck of the draw each week.

Hope this helps..
~Sean

Will be moving there in November, along with my girlfriend who is from Brisbane, who I met at the first ashes test match last November.

Trev
Old Sep 19th 2003, 6:07 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry mate not a Brummie.

From Nottingham and support Forest.

When I was over in Brissie found the only English pub was the Pig and Whistle chain (pretty good one at Indooroopilly). Think they should show the football, but they only had cricket when I was their.

PS - Pollyanna would it be possible to support Nottingham Forest to!!!

Old Sep 19th 2003, 7:29 am

Hello Earlswood.......Albion eh? I think Hulse is an excellent player, as for your hubby being a L'pool supporter, tell him I look forward to Blues taking 4 points off them again this season!

Jayr......thanks for the info (pig and whistle), so are you an Aussie then? Does your father in law live there or still in the uk?

Brisnick........I drive through the Hagley road every time I go up the Blues, poor start by Wolves this season, do you think they have any chance of surving?

Sean.....superb information! Thank you very much! How long does the preview show last for? Seems like very good coverage to me, even my beloved Birmingham City on this weekend!
I notice that 3 of those games are LIVE here in the UK on Sky Sports.....is FOX connected to them I wonder?

TrickyTree........how are you? Are you going to return to Oz? A friend of mine has recently moved from London to Nottingham, based on my info that Nottingham is a good night out!
Old Sep 19th 2003, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

SeanH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fox Sports

That preview show goes for 30 minutes I believe.
And yes Fox and Sky are both owned by Rupert Murdoch and you will find the coverage and commentators are the same here as you would see there on Sky.

~Sean

[i]

Sean.....superb information! Thank you very much! How long does the preview show last for? Seems like very good coverage to me, even my beloved Birmingham City on this weekend!
I notice that 3 of those games are LIVE here in the UK on Sky Sports.....is FOX connected to them I wonder?
Old Sep 19th 2003, 8:09 am

Sean......thats music to my ears! The best news I've had all day........ok its still only 09:15 here .....but still the best so far! LOL
Old Sep 19th 2003, 9:26 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BrisbaneBrummie

We are hoping to head to Brisbane some time next year (think towards the end of the year).
Or whenever my girlfriends contract runs out over here.

Dont think he will be dissapointed as Nottm is a great night out.
As my girlfriend has already found out.

Hopefully by then Forest will be in the top flight again and i'll be able to watch the mighty reds on FOX to.

TT
Old Sep 19th 2003, 10:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah! we'll form the Expats Forest Supporters Club!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.