Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any brisbane tennis players out there?

any brisbane tennis players out there?

Old Mar 29th 2004, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

mrttennis is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool any brisbane tennis players out there?

I'm going to be in Brisbane from 10th April for 2 weeks on a house hunting / school hunting trip with my wife (migrating permanently first week in June either with sponsor visa or if it comes in time perm res visa).
Never been to Aus before and really need to find out as much about tennis in the area as possible as I'm currently a full time coach in the UK who will be looking for work soon in Brisbane. Wouldn't mind a couple of hits during these 2 weeks?
Anyone response greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

petafray will become famous soon enough
Default Re: any brisbane tennis players out there?

There is a really good tennis club run by the Fancutt family in Albion. Apparently bearlyt all of the family have been professional and played at Wimbledon etc. Anyway my husband goes there for training and private coaching. They are in the phone book - so look at www.yellowpages,.com.au
hope this helps
Peta
Old Mar 29th 2004, 12:00 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any brisbane tennis players out there?

Originally posted by mrttennis

I'm going to be in Brisbane from 10th April for 2 weeks on a house hunting / school hunting trip with my wife (migrating permanently first week in June either with sponsor visa or if it comes in time perm res visa).
Never been to Aus before and really need to find out as much about tennis in the area as possible as I'm currently a full time coach in the UK who will be looking for work soon in Brisbane. Wouldn't mind a couple of hits during these 2 weeks?
Anyone response greatly appreciated!
Hi,

Can't help much yet, but we're planning on playing a lot of tennis once we've found a house to buy and built a court. Try searching the web for Brookfield Tennis Centre. They seem to be the biggest out west where we are. Most parks and a lot of schools have courts for hire.

Be warned, though, in the summer its far too hot to play tennis during the day.

Jane