Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any body built there own pool

any body built there own pool

Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

kirrane is on a distinguished road
Default any body built there own pool

has any one built there own pool im looking at a brick with possibly a liner . does any one know where to find installation details etc
Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: any body built there own pool

Originally Posted by kirrane
has any one built there own pool im looking at a brick with possibly a liner . does any one know where to find installation details etc
Where abouts are you - freshwater down south, saltwater up north. Only done the latter...

Andy
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

There's a couple of "pool" threads in The Barbie, you might find them useful
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andyphilpott
Where abouts are you - freshwater down south, saltwater up north. Only done the latter...

Andy
kalgoolie wa probably need to salt water
Old Sep 19th 2008, 5:18 am
Mav
Forum Regular

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
building my own as we speak,it got concreted on monday
salt water, inground concrete 12mtrs x 6 mtrs,
saving about 15k + on the best quote i got
its to easy,just get the yellow pages out and phone the individual trades directly, digger man,shot concreters,steel fixers,pebble creter ect,if you can do some of the work yourself its even better,we put all the steel in, the shuttering the skimmer boxes,main drain,water returns,and some conduit for the lights
and i will be paving it to,
none of its that hard if you are a practical kinda person,
martin
Old Sep 19th 2008, 5:44 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

We actually had one done by a so called team of professionals a year ago, the whole process from start to finish was a disaster, despite me giving them a very hard time at the beginning letting them know that a good job was the only way to go. I would have thought that inspired by this they would have had an attitude of "lets get this blokes right" How wrong I was, every stage was done wrongly, I even had to get an independent assesor in at one point who found over 100 faults in the rendering they had done. They ended up knocking all the render off, angle grinding all the areas of the pool to the correct shape that they had poured wrongly, re applying many of the tiles, and all of the headers. Dont get me wrong its a good job now, but the arguements that got it to be like this were amazing. They finally admitted that the gut who had rendered/tiled/ and headered the pool, was working on his first pool solo. Unbelievable !!!!

My advice do it yourself, its incredibly easy, and you will get a much better job.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mav
hi
building my own as we speak,it got concreted on monday
salt water, inground concrete 12mtrs x 6 mtrs,
saving about 15k + on the best quote i got
its to easy,just get the yellow pages out and phone the individual trades directly, digger man,shot concreters,steel fixers,pebble creter ect,if you can do some of the work yourself its even better,we put all the steel in, the shuttering the skimmer boxes,main drain,water returns,and some conduit for the lights
and i will be paving it to,
none of its that hard if you are a practical kinda person,
martin
im pretty hand have a building trade back ground . where do you get designs from . and drtails about the pipe work etc
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:57 pm
Mav
Forum Regular

Mav is an unknown quantity at this point

im pretty hand have a building trade back ground . where do you get designs from . and drtails about the pipe work etc
I used a company in Brisbane to do the drawings and to give me a steel plan,
they cost me $250.00,
if you go to your local pool shop and get some info sheets on pumps skimmer boxes filters ect they will show you the pipe work on them,then get on the internet and get qoutes for all the parts you need,this will also save you loads of money,
Martin
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:05 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Don't even think about constructing it in brick would be my first reaction. Apart from that, as others have said, there's nothing really complicated about it. Just make sure you go the concrete route!!

Graham