Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Aircraft Engineers out there

Any Aircraft Engineers out there

Old Jul 28th 2011, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light
Default Any Aircraft Engineers out there

Just a quick question for any Licenced Aircraft Engineers. I hold a B2 with B1 electrics and thinking about getting a full B1 as well. Would this be beneficial in OZ? I know some of the airlines and MROs in UK prefer you to be one or other. Is it the same in OZ?
Old Jul 28th 2011, 12:18 pm
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Aircraft Engineers out there

I still operate under my EASA B1, but I work for a UK carrier. Have looked into getting the CASA B1, but they are making such a mess of it (or improving it in their view), I'm going to hold out until next year. Theoretically you would only need it to sign out VH reg aircraft in Aus, otherwise your EASA ones should be recognised for a company approval. At the momment I doubt if most employers here have a real grip on the Pt66 system, so hard to say what they would prefer, and of course depends on your type approvals.
A couple to watch out for are John Holland & AMSA. Neither have a particularly good rep at the momment. If you have A330 CF6 / 320 V2500 it maybe worth giving Jetstar a look. Qantas are heavily unionised with multiple problems which may get worse next month. Strategic in Brisbane are ramping up, but I have no idea what they are like to work for. Alliance in Adelaide are gearing up for some Fokker checks as well.
The Australian on Fridays is the place to look for jobs, there is an online PDF version of the aviation section available if you subscribe.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any Aircraft Engineers out there

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
I still operate under my EASA B1, but I work for a UK carrier. Have looked into getting the CASA B1, but they are making such a mess of it (or improving it in their view), I'm going to hold out until next year. Theoretically you would only need it to sign out VH reg aircraft in Aus, otherwise your EASA ones should be recognised for a company approval. At the momment I doubt if most employers here have a real grip on the Pt66 system, so hard to say what they would prefer, and of course depends on your type approvals.
A couple to watch out for are John Holland & AMSA. Neither have a particularly good rep at the momment. If you have A330 CF6 / 320 V2500 it maybe worth giving Jetstar a look. Qantas are heavily unionised with multiple problems which may get worse next month. Strategic in Brisbane are ramping up, but I have no idea what they are like to work for. Alliance in Adelaide are gearing up for some Fokker checks as well.
The Australian on Fridays is the place to look for jobs, there is an online PDF version of the aviation section available if you subscribe.
Thanks Tom. I hold A320 and B737-Classic and New Gen. May have A330 before I come out. Have heard a few mixed reports about JHAS. Looks as though I will be doing my B1 anyway, hopefully will help get my foot in the door somewhere. Which UK carrier you with?