Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any agencies that can help families settle from the point of arrival?

Any agencies that can help families settle from the point of arrival?

Old Feb 21st 2012, 9:11 am
Just Joined

non-brit-visitor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any agencies that can help families settle from the point of arrival?

Hi, my family is moving to point cook in November this year. I was wondering if anyone knows of, or has had an experience with a settlement agency that can help organise collection from the airport, a rental before arrival, car rental, can assist with information about driver's licences, id's, medical aid etc... But most importantly a bed to sleep in when we land. Thanks!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any agencies that can help families settle from the point of arrival?

You can do all that stuff yourself if you want too. Start with a holiday rental for a couple of weeks maybe whilst looking for your own place. I couldn't let someone find me a place to live without seeing it first myself. Car rental and airport transfer is easily sorted too online. And all the info you want/need is online, probably on this site most of it too!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any agencies that can help families settle from the point of arrival?

Originally Posted by non-brit-visitor
Hi, my family is moving to point cook in November this year. I was wondering if anyone knows of, or has had an experience with a settlement agency that can help organise collection from the airport, a rental before arrival, car rental, can assist with information about driver's licences, id's, medical aid etc... But most importantly a bed to sleep in when we land. Thanks!
Wow, is there such a thing?! We just did some legwork online before we left and then did it ourselves. We then had to move interstate 2 weeks later and did it all over again, with a 4 year old and an 8 month old. It's not that hard!!

Good luck. I can probably point you in the right direction with some of the information as I am in roughly the same area.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies! I have been doing a lot of research online. A real estate agency in the area informed us that we cannot organise a rental before viewing the property. Is this always the case?

At this stage we are considering a furnished rental for a month or 2, but there don't seem to be many available. Especially as we are husband and wife, with 3 kids and a granny...Otherwise yes, a holiday rental for a few days until we find something suitable. Anyone know a realistic time frame in which to organise a house to rent after arriving?

I have heard about agencies helping people settle on 'Wanted Down Under' I guess it might be an easy way to get all the information we need, and have someone organise things for us??
Old Feb 21st 2012, 10:07 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Try Googling 'relocation agent Melbourne'
Old Feb 21st 2012, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies! I have been doing a lot of research online. A real estate agency in the area informed us that we cannot organise a rental before viewing the property. Is this always the case?

At this stage we are considering a furnished rental for a month or 2, but there don't seem to be many available. Especially as we are husband and wife, with 3 kids and a granny...Otherwise yes, a holiday rental for a few days until we find something suitable. Anyone know a realistic time frame in which to organise a house to rent after arriving?

I have heard about agencies helping people settle on 'Wanted Down Under' I guess it might be an easy way to get all the information we need, and have someone organise things for us??
You can get them, my employer provided one for me before moving. Google relocation agents and loads come up

http://www.eliteexecutiveservices.com.au/packages.php
Old Feb 21st 2012, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

We were given the services of

Www.relocationcentre.com.au

Very good
Old Feb 21st 2012, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the link bingobob777, they seem to provide exactly what we need!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

We rented a holiday apartment for a month. It was expensive, but worth it to know that we could stay put for a bit whilst we organised everything else.....although with 3 kids and a granny it may be a tad expensive!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:33 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

There is a lot of advice and accommodation on www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk

BB
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Lol, yes with a big brood we would need a few appartments! But the holiday rental homes look like they could be an option. Still quite pricey, but space for everyone. Itigo, did you send your furniture in a container? How long does that take?
Old Feb 21st 2012, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lol, yes with a big brood we would need a few appartments! But the holiday rental homes look like they could be an option. Still quite pricey, but space for everyone. Itigo, did you send your furniture in a container? How long does that take?
We didn't, we brought 27 boxes, bikes and a musical instrument! We really started over as our furniture in the UK was hand me downs anyway.....

If you search, there are loads of container searches on here. Think it's about 12 weeks or so......
Old Feb 21st 2012, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

container threads!!
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 4:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks. I'm guessing it wasn't a grand piano
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks. I'm guessing it wasn't a grand piano
It wasn't, but cellos are still fairly big!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.