Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Advice for a lovesick couple?

Any Advice for a lovesick couple?

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Spriteracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Advice for a lovesick couple?

Hi.

Long Story short, I spent 10 months in 97/98 backpacking around Oz. met a girl in Melbourne and spent three weeks together, then we split up but kept in touch, anyway 8 years later we decided to meet up in Perth for a Holiday and have now fallen head over heels for each other (pass the sick bag etc etc!) She has recently been promoted to a very good teaching position so I don't want her to give that up, I am in ful time employment as a transport clerk but do not appear to qualify for an employment visa as i do not have a degree, therefore I think we will go the prospective marrige visa route. However, does anyone have any ideas that may allow me to travel over and work before the Visa is issued or possibly another visa option that might be open to us? Sadly as I am now 31 I can't apply for a working Holiday Visa again as that would have been ideal and given us both time to plan a "Proper" wedding!

hope someone can help

Cheers

Steve
Bristol
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 11:11 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Advice for a lovesick couple?

Sorry I can't be of any help with ya visa question, but can I come to ya wedding?

jackie
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Sorry I can't be of any help with ya visa question, but can I come to ya wedding?

jackie

Lol, Neither of us want to have a "McWedding" but if we need to do that to comply to the Visa then we will, We might end up saving for a nice celebration ceremony or something at a later date though.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

jackie

How many you had mate
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 11:20 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

jackie
OHHHH OHHHH a new hat and frock lol
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 11:20 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spriteracer
Lol, Neither of us want to have a "McWedding" but if we need to do that to comply to the Visa then we will, We might end up saving for a nice celebration ceremony or something at a later date though.

...OK - I'll just get my hat!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 11:21 am
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by WendyC
How many you had mate
Still recovering from last night! think hubby spiked my drink!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 11:23 am
Living the Dream!

I am very good at organising weddings....I even did my own!

Sorry I am distracting people from your original question. Hope someone can help.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute

i usually find masterbation helps

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Hi Steve,

This may not be of much use to you but i met my hubby on the internet 8 years ago and we have been happily married for nearly 7 years. We went thru the same thing you are going thru and decided for me to come to the uk on a fiance visa because it was easier for me to get the visa in australia than John to get it here. My visa came thru in 4 weeks in oz but back then it would have taken John 19 months by the time he got everything done. Be aware though that the amount of info they require is huge for a fiance visa.

Sorry cant be much help but good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Tracey
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Hi Steve,

This may not be of much use to you but i met my hubby on the internet 8 years ago and we have been happily married for nearly 7 years. We went thru the same thing you are going thru and decided for me to come to the uk on a fiance visa because it was easier for me to get the visa in australia than John to get it here. My visa came thru in 4 weeks in oz but back then it would have taken John 19 months by the time he got everything done. Be aware though that the amount of info they require is huge for a fiance visa.

Sorry cant be much help but good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Tracey
Thanks Tracey, we will try and persue me moving to Oz but will look in to her moving here as a last resort, but thanks for your positive thoughts!

Steve
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Thanks Tracey, we will try and persue me moving to Oz but will look in to her moving here as a last resort, but thanks for your positive thoughts!

Steve

Anytime Steve

Good luck although I am sure you wont need it

Tracey
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

Long Story short, I spent 10 months in 97/98 backpacking around Oz. met a girl in Melbourne and spent three weeks together, then we split up but kept in touch, anyway 8 years later we decided to meet up in Perth for a Holiday and have now fallen head over heels for each other (pass the sick bag etc etc!) She has recently been promoted to a very good teaching position so I don't want her to give that up, I am in ful time employment as a transport clerk but do not appear to qualify for an employment visa as i do not have a degree, therefore I think we will go the prospective marrige visa route. However, does anyone have any ideas that may allow me to travel over and work before the Visa is issued or possibly another visa option that might be open to us? Sadly as I am now 31 I can't apply for a working Holiday Visa again as that would have been ideal and given us both time to plan a "Proper" wedding!

hope someone can help

Cheers

Steve
Bristol
You need to be outside of Australia to get a Prospective Marriage Visa, but you do have full work rights as soon as you enter on it.
You have 9 months to enter Australia, marry, and apply for the residence visa, so that gives you a bit of time to plan the wedding though.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:51 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
i met my hubby on the internet 8 years ago
OMG, don't tell people that, didn't you know that only freaks meet their partners on the internet :scared: .

Steve, the only other way to do it would be to get a 457 visa which is what we did, but that's not particularly easy unless you can get a transfer or a job offer. Prospective spouse visa is probably the way to go. Ohh & btw, you dont necessarily have to have a degree to be able to come on a skilled PR visa anyway .

Good luck with it - I know what its like to be in love with someone & live 12,000 miles away from them .
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:17 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
OMG, don't tell people that, didn't you know that only freaks meet their partners on the internet :scared:
errr I met my partner on the internet 9 years ago - so guess I'm a freak

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.