Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

another update- don't read if you're easily bored!!

another update- don't read if you're easily bored!!

Old Jan 30th 2004, 9:25 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default another update- don't read if you're easily bored!!

Just sent this out to tonnes of people i've been neglecting due to being so bloody busy. Sorry to bore you oldies with all my news again, but some newbies might like a gander!

Just thought I’d check in and update you on the last couple of months that have passed in a real whirlwind.

We moved into our house on 22nd of December, which was a total nightmare and goes highly UNreccomended! The house is a three bed detached on a ¼ acre plot, it backs onto a nature reserve and park.

Christmas was very strange to say the least, it was red hot and just totally different to what we are used to. I felt very homesick on xmas eve and had my bottom lip quivering in target (similar to Tesco) when I saw a plain terry’s chocolate orange. Matts granny has bought me one for the last 15 years and I though that you couldn't get them here!

New years eve was probably THE most memorable I have ever had. We spent it in Sydney and watched the 9pm fireworks over the harbour bridge/ opera house etc. Then we had a cracking party at a friends house and all jumped into the pool on the stroke of midnight fully clothed. (now you really COULD'T do that in blighty) We stayed with friends for a few, very hot, sticky days and did the whole touristy thing.

The school summer hols went by in the usual whirlwind of broken promises to meet up with friends and their kids to play etc and Leah still hasn't got any school shoes, they went back yesterday.!!
The furniture finally arrived from home this Tuesday, it was so heavenly to sleep in my own bed, the best nights sleep I’ve had since arriving here, for sure. We had a couple of minor breakages, but one horrible one. It was a handmade lamp that was an anniversary prezzy from my mum and simply CANNOT be replaced But apart from that it really was like having the best birthday and Christmas all rolled into one.

The kids had a home sick attack a little over a week ago now, missing family and friends, it was quite shocking and distressing, as it came out of the blue. However now that they have started back at school and got all of their own things around them, they are so much happier. Niall went to play at a friends after school today. Leahs at a sleep over tonight and has her first party invite for next weekend, so all in all they have settled extremely well.

Matts loving his job and cannot believe the jammiest of timings that got him there, he's got about 1 month to go on his probation, but he doesn't foresee any probs.

Me, well I’m ok. I went for an interview in a salon and got the job, but didn't like the "rush em and sell to 'em" ethos of the place. So I am taking some time off (!!!!????) and I am a kind of Linda Barker esk figure at the moment, a cross between redecorating/ renovating the whole house and surviving the jungle. (ok, well not quite the jungle, but we camped out for a long while and there are lots of mozzies!)

Talking of creepy crawlies we haven’t seen anything too terrible here in Melbourne. A white tail spider popped from under my dooner the other day and although it was a little freaky cos they pack a horrible bite, I was relatively calm! There are tonnes of mozzies in the back garden/ house, but this isn’t helped because of the pool, but its just a cross we’ll have to bear I guess, it’s a hard life………

We have got a couple of new additions to the family, THE DOGGIE VERIETY!! We rescued Rosie from the pound, she’s a Dalmatian crossed with some kind of horse, she really is gigantic, but very clever and very beautiful. We also have Kelly who is a 5 year old blue heeler crossed with a lassie collie. We inherited her from my auntie who has moved to a small unit and doesn’t have the room for her.

My mum is settling well here, she has bought a house in the same village as us and will be moving in on 14th of Feb.

Think that’s pretty much all the news from this end, here its snowing well in England, I feel a bit jealous about that! NOT!

much love Heather xx