Reload this Page >

another update from BooBoo

another update from BooBoo

Old Mar 27th 2004, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default another update from BooBoo

Well peeps,

tonight the BooBoo family are at a "progessive Dinner" and after a couple of hours it came to pass that I was talking to JEANIE1. oNE OF HER CILDREN GOES TO THE SAME SCHOOL THAT MY DAUGHTER WILL BE STARTING ON mONDAY!!!!!!

Anyway... after alot of hassle etc we finally got a rental home from Tuesday of next week..We have our block of land and have nearly finalised our decision on which house to build.
We have loads of new friends. I,m at one of those firnds house now writing this .

Should be getting our new car Monday and Mr BooBoo is going to have a great time at the World superbike tommorrow.
we are getting things sorted and give ourselves at least two years to feel settled. I for one have decieded that I am never returning to the UK ever again.

Anyways peeps, I have to get back to the cocktails now.

I will update again soon

booboo
Old Mar 27th 2004, 12:18 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: another update from BooBoo

booboo,
it all sounds like it is comming together for you!

Especially the World superbike tommorrow, just for you

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 27th 2004, 2:57 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done booboo ....i for one am jealous !

all the best plum

Last edited by plumber; Mar 27th 2004 at 2:59 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 3:06 pm
Mmmm what to do!!

katherineiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Well done and good luck
And world superbikes !!!! what can i say, we are so jealous.

katherine
Old Mar 27th 2004, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Booboo
Have a cocktail for me!
BTW, what's a "progressive dinner"
Old Mar 27th 2004, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

noodle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: another update from BooBoo

Originally posted by booboo
Well peeps,

tonight the BooBoo family are at a "progessive Dinner" and after a couple of hours it came to pass that I was talking to JEANIE1. oNE OF HER CILDREN GOES TO THE SAME SCHOOL THAT MY DAUGHTER WILL BE STARTING ON mONDAY!!!!!!

Anyway... after alot of hassle etc we finally got a rental home from Tuesday of next week..We have our block of land and have nearly finalised our decision on which house to build.
We have loads of new friends. I,m at one of those firnds house now writing this .

Should be getting our new car Monday and Mr BooBoo is going to have a great time at the World superbike tommorrow.
we are getting things sorted and give ourselves at least two years to feel settled. I for one have decieded that I am never returning to the UK ever again.

Anyways peeps, I have to get back to the cocktails now.

I will update again soon

booboo
Glad it's going well for you. Keep us posted on how you find things in Melbourne.

Noodle
Old Mar 27th 2004, 7:32 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Progressive Dinner Parties

How it Works

If you're looking for a way to socialize that requires little work or expense and that keeps the party moving all night, then a Progressive Dinner Party may hold the answer for you. At a Progressive Dinner a group of friends plan a meal together where each course is served at a different participant's home, so that the party literally moves from place to place throughout the evening.

This party style works especially well for friends who live close to one another either in a neighborhood, an apartment building or a condo complex. Then everyone can walk from home to home without worrying about organizing cars and designated drivers. It also facilitates digesting between courses!

When planning your dinner, you should schedule no more than 3-4 courses. Beyond that the logistics become too complicated with too much time wasted on traveling. Plan on at least a three hour evening, in order to allow for 45 minutes to an hour at each stop.

Here are suggestions for potential courses:

Hors d'oeuvres and cocktails
An appetizer course
A first course such as soup, salad or pasta
The main course including side dishes Cheese, fruit and nuts
Dessert
Some groups hold monthly Progressive Dinners with a different theme each month. The course responsibilities can be rotated among participants, or everyone can always be responsible for their favorite course. You can pick holiday themes, seasonal themes or different cuisines for each dinner. Tie-in your decorations with the recipes, asking each host home to use decorations representing the nationality of the course they are serving, or picking up on your seasonal theme. Or make the menu items challenging by preparing alphabetical dishes, e.g. the first home prepares an appetizer beginning with the letter A, the second home prepares a main dish beginning with the letter B, and so forth. The next month continue with the letter where you left off in the previous dinner. Good luck to the host who gets the letter X! Whatever you do, have fun with it!

Sometimes organizations such as churches, woman's clubs, or veterans groups hold an annual Progressive Dinner so that new members can meet the group under more intimate circumstances. In that case the planning is usually a little different. Depending on the size of the group, the hors d'oeuvres course is held with everyone gathered in one home or location such as the church or veterans' hall. Then the group splits off into small groups for the next two courses in volunteers' homes. At the end of the evening the whole group reconvenes in a large home or facility to share dessert. If this is the case, some people might be asked to bring appetizers and a side dish, others might prepare a side dish and dessert. The members hosting the main course have no other responsibilities.

You can handle beverages several ways. With small groups you could ask each host to provide the beverage that best suits their course. With larger groups you could make it BYOB for alcoholic beverages and just ask the hosts to provide soft drinks and coffee.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:25 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Hi Anne.

Great to hear from you. Could you elaborate on what sort of hassels you had getting a rental property? It's the one thing that is really worrying me because although we will be staying with my uncle when we first arrive we don't want to out stay our welcome. Any info, as always, greatly appreciated.

take care and will let you know when we are flying out.

Sally
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:38 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

oooohhh, get you!!!!

suppose your gonna ditch our dump and barbies now then

See you later mate
Old Mar 28th 2004, 1:12 am
Badge

Sounds great Booboo!!

we can have predrinks and chips, dips (couple of quid from Bi-Lo) at mine, then on to yours for salads, then Hevs for the full blown barbie. Back to mine for a quick cake. ($7.99 on special:Safeway). Hey presto.

BM

Old Mar 28th 2004, 2:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Up to mine for coffee maybe......only a short plane ride!
Old Mar 28th 2004, 8:18 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
then Hevs for the full blown barbie.
BM
ok, any double entende(?SP, wheres that bloody snitzy when you need him?) intended badge
We could also go for a course at Jolyns and we'll rope jeanie in aswel, oh and that scarlet pimpernel Rossi, sorted.
Poll, thing you and the DB's and Dotty better do yours up there
Old Mar 31st 2004, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok Hevs and Steve

I reckon we ought to have a digressive dinner party together.

The aim being being cheap and cheerful finishing off with total drunkenness. I know I could do with getting drunk after the "fun" of getting a place to live etc.

LOL

BooBoo
Old Mar 31st 2004, 10:10 pm
High in the Dandenongs

You're on
digressive is far more my scene
Old Mar 31st 2004, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorted!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.