Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another season in the Championship...

Wikiposts

Another season in the Championship...

Old May 18th 2005, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another season in the Championship...

Originally Posted by fraser
As if a game with you could be big
Hmmm, now where were we this time last year lol !

I've just realised Fraser, I will be watching this years Playoff final in a boozer in Mkeynes !!!!!!!! I'll have a bit of Jetlag, though, cos I will have arrived about 9 hours before the game, But I will be there. !!
Old May 18th 2005, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Amber Nectar is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
There is actually an Aussie based Forest supporters club with quite a large membership. I was thinking of joining it now we are settled as they have regular get togethers etc.

As long as Derby dont go up I will be happy for tonight I am a PNE fan.

Really miss my trips to the City Ground I cannot fill my Saturdays now. Nothing quite like a day on the lash with your mates with football thrown in non of the sporting events over here compare to it i'm afraid.

Where abouts in Oz are you settling? and roll on next season when it will be Forest for promotion!!

cheers

TT
TT Im settling on the sunshine coast, move there next week (currently in bayside). I'll also miss the footy, Im hoping for a good season next year cos we cant drop any lower surely. My last home game was against gillingham a couple of weeks ago it seemed strange knowing it was my last. Do you know any decent team in Brissy or SC that I can adopt as my forest replacement
Old May 18th 2005, 8:21 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hmmm, now where were we this time last year lol !

I've just realised Fraser, I will be watching this years Playoff final in a boozer in Mkeynes !!!!!!!! I'll have a bit of Jetlag, though, cos I will have arrived about 9 hours before the game, But I will be there. !!
funny that i was considering coming to melly to watch it and doing a recce i though it would be good way to do some networking.

it cost me £600 last year for 2 tickets, i'm now onthe phone to the club to see if they're doing an executive package they did one last year, flights, meal and ticket. it was cheaper than what i paid
Old May 18th 2005, 11:05 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

funny that i was considering coming to melly to watch it and doing a recce i though it would be good way to do some networking.

it cost me £600 last year for 2 tickets, i'm now onthe phone to the club to see if they're doing an executive package they did one last year, flights, meal and ticket. it was cheaper than what i paid

paah. wish i could pull a sickie but I start me new job next week so I dont think it'll look too good
Old May 18th 2005, 11:12 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ
paah. wish i could pull a sickie but I start me new job next week so I dont think it'll look too good

I've just managed to get a ticket cost

As long as there isn't any problems with cc billing address
Old May 19th 2005, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Three P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by AnalOwl
So, Ipswich failed to beat the play-off jinx again, and it's another season in the Championship for the Tractor Boys. Which means, being an Aussie based fan, no TV coverage and having to look up the scores on the BBC web site.

Any other Town fans out there? There must be a better way of keeping up with non-Premiership football down under.

As if that wasn't bad enough, there's still months of AFL to suffer...
My hubby's a big Ipswich fan although he doesn't manage to get down to many games with living in Yorkshire. But yes he was wingeing into his bottle of beer last night after listening to the match on the radio!

Jenny
Old May 19th 2005, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Davey is on a distinguished road

I've just managed to get a ticket cost

As long as there isn't any problems with cc billing address

Frazer

This is spooky - like you - i paid £300 for a ticket last year - this year have just got one at cost - and also planning to go to oz.

Just booked train tickets to Cardiff - so all thats left to do is relax and wait for the big day.

Come on you Irons!!
Old May 19th 2005, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Davey
Frazer

This is spooky - like you - i paid £300 for a ticket last year - this year have just got one at cost - and also planning to go to oz.

Just booked train tickets to Cardiff - so all thats left to do is relax and wait for the big day.

Come on you Irons!!

I haven't booked my train yet as I got my ticket by getting a S/T number of a holder on WHO.

I'd like to get another from somewhere so the missus can go
Old May 19th 2005, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

I haven't booked my train yet as I got my ticket by getting a S/T number of a holder on WHO.

I'd like to get another from somewhere so the missus can go
Just checked and my pals just passed his number on to someone.

Sorry if you were half an hour earlier - but you don't want to hear that!

Try www.kumb.com a friend got his last year at cost.
Old May 19th 2005, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Davey
Just checked and my pals just passed his number on to someone.

Sorry if you were half an hour earlier - but you don't want to hear that!

Try www.kumb.com a friend got his last year at cost.

Cheers Dave I already begged one on the other site to get mine
when are you hoping to go to Oz
Old May 19th 2005, 4:07 am
Just Joined

steeleo is an unknown quantity at this point

Davey & Fraser
sorry in my haste I've PM'd you both without reading all of the thread. In the same boat as you boys - on the scrounge for a ticket!
Cheers
OLi.
Old May 19th 2005, 11:28 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Hi AN

The only football team I know of is the Queensland Roar i'm considering heading along to a couple of their games, season has just started, to see what the standard is. Dont think it will be the same as watching the reds it wont stir up the passion.

If your ever up in the big smoke taking in a game drop me a PM and I will try to get along too.

Enjoy the SC

Originally Posted by Amber Nectar
TT Im settling on the sunshine coast, move there next week (currently in bayside). I'll also miss the footy, Im hoping for a good season next year cos we cant drop any lower surely. My last home game was against gillingham a couple of weeks ago it seemed strange knowing it was my last. Do you know any decent team in Brissy or SC that I can adopt as my forest replacement
Old May 19th 2005, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

In the Interests of Football banter, I'd thought I'd have a go at lowering the tone of this thread one more knotch, especially as it's the weekend, and I love this stuff, especially with the prospect of a few beers and surfing looming.

Zamora, now that is a topic we love at Palace, He was the one player that the whole of the fan base refused to accept as a possible transfer when the idea was floated early last seaso, with even the prospect of petitions being raised..

Now an old ditty from his Brighton playing days, coined at Palace,

When the ball hits the stand
thans not ferdinand
Thats Zamora....

PNE fans make sure you remind him of his sad past please

BTW, Good luck West Ham, Errm hope you go up, as you probably owe us one, and PNE may give us more points next season lol
Old May 19th 2005, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
In the Interests of Football banter, I'd thought I'd have a go at lowering the tone of this thread one more knotch, especially as it's the weekend, and I love this stuff, especially with the prospect of a few beers and surfing looming.

Zamora, now that is a topic we love at Palace, He was the one player that the whole of the fan base refused to accept as a possible transfer when the idea was floated early last seaso, with even the prospect of petitions being raised..

Now an old ditty from his Brighton playing days, coined at Palace,

When the ball hits the stand
thans not ferdinand
Thats Zamora....

PNE fans make sure you remind him of his sad past please

BTW, Good luck West Ham, Errm hope you go up, as you probably owe us one, and PNE may give us more points next season lol

If we lose we may yet have a new board who will be seeking a new manager.

We all know who wants the job
Old May 19th 2005, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Dave I already begged one on the other site to get mine
when are you hoping to go to Oz
My pal arranged his ticket 2 days before on that kumb site and met the fella in Cardiff (face value) so don't give up hope - there was also tickets around on the day last year if you keep your ear out and for not an outragous £300 - around the £60-80.

Hoping to get to oz Sept/Oct - House on the market - plenty of interested viewers - only problem no complete chains - so still on the market waiting.

How about yourself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.