Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

another perth suburb question....Sorry!!!

another perth suburb question....Sorry!!!

Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

jimmyandnaomi is a jewel in the roughjimmyandnaomi is a jewel in the roughjimmyandnaomi is a jewel in the roughjimmyandnaomi is a jewel in the roughjimmyandnaomi is a jewel in the rough
Smile another perth suburb question....Sorry!!!

Hi all,

ive spent for the last 3 hrs looking through past threads for info on perth suburbs, and to be honest im a little lost, theres so many, lol!

I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of some nice areas with schools (a 1 and 6 year old), train station, shops etc.. that is cheap enough to live (hoping to eventually buy a 4x2) but not to far to commute to graylands hospital.

Were hoping to be in perth asap, but this housing market carry ons driving me up the wall, house up for sale since september and only had 3 viewings, this time last year my house would of sold within 2-4 weeks. I suppose the only good thing is that ive now got more time to research perth, so any info on suburbs would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to all that are getting sick of the which suburb posts but im really getting confused with which areas are good and which are to be avoided like the plague!

thanks, naomi x
Old Feb 1st 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: another perth suburb question....Sorry!!!

sorry no idea where graylands hospital is ? where is it?
Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Is psychiatric hospital near shenton Park - so North of the river but fairly central to Perth. For reasonable priced houses you need to go North and in from the coast a couple of suburbs - Maybe Woodvale or even further North. I've been out for nearly 8 years so am not that up with the housing situation - 8 years out of Perth and Australia that is, not Graylands

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jimmyandnaomi
Hi all,

ive spent for the last 3 hrs looking through past threads for info on perth suburbs, and to be honest im a little lost, theres so many, lol!

I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of some nice areas with schools (a 1 and 6 year old), train station, shops etc.. that is cheap enough to live (hoping to eventually buy a 4x2) but not to far to commute to graylands hospital.

Were hoping to be in perth asap, but this housing market carry ons driving me up the wall, house up for sale since september and only had 3 viewings, this time last year my house would of sold within 2-4 weeks. I suppose the only good thing is that ive now got more time to research perth, so any info on suburbs would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to all that are getting sick of the which suburb posts but im really getting confused with which areas are good and which are to be avoided like the plague!

thanks, naomi x
Graylands is in Mount Claremeont which is a fairly upmarket suburb. Spend some time on www.realestate.com.au and you will see that all surrounding suburbs are quite expensive, million dollar houses. All suburbs at the Westcoast are very very good suburbs. Affordable but still good ones and close to the trainstation are a bit further north, eg. Warwick, Karrinyup, Carine, Duncraig, Padbury, Craigie, Beldon, Heathridge, or on the other side of the freeway Greenwood, Kingsley, Woodvale, Edgewater, Joondalup, Currambine, Kinross, Clarkson.
Or if you prefer south of the River have a look at: Palmyra, Melville, Booragoon and surroundings, Como, Kensington...
To get an idea about suburbs check this website http://www.aussiemove.com/
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

jimmyandnaomi is a jewel in the roughjimmyandnaomi is a jewel in the roughjimmyandnaomi is a jewel in the roughjimmyandnaomi is a jewel in the roughjimmyandnaomi is a jewel in the rough

Thankyou all for your replies,ill have a look at the suburbs mentioned and hopefully can narrow them down a bit, lol!

kind regards,

naomi x
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 9:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I work at Graylands and live in Clarkson. During rush hour it takes me about 45 minutes each way, however if you're a nurse your shifts would be more out of rush hour, so it would probably take you a little less time to get there. Getting there by train is not very straightforward; unless you live on the Fremantle line you'll have to change trains at Perth. There is lots of free parking at the hospital, so driving is what most staff do.

Anything you want to know, just ask.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

We got a nice 3 bed place in Yokine/Inglewood for $375k. That's not too far from Claremont.

Inglewood has some absolutely lovely places.