Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

another passport question

another passport question

Old May 3rd 2004, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point
Default another passport question

Does anyone know how long you have to have left on your passport to go to Australia?

Weve got our medicals in 2 weeks, but ive just realised our passports expire in September, which is about when we were thinking of going over. I cant apply for new passports now because the meds need them. But the change of circumstances form will go out to Adelaide with the medical results (with the addition iof a new baby on it and a change of address!), which will be before I get the new Passports. The more I think about it the more confused I get. Will they stamp the old Passports or new ones, if they come before the acceptance letter.

Cheers, ger
Old May 3rd 2004, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future
Default Re: another passport question

Originally posted by gwrees
Does anyone know how long you have to have left on your passport to go to Australia?

Weve got our medicals in 2 weeks, but ive just realised our passports expire in September, which is about when we were thinking of going over. I cant apply for new passports now because the meds need them. But the change of circumstances form will go out to Adelaide with the medical results (with the addition iof a new baby on it and a change of address!), which will be before I get the new Passports. The more I think about it the more confused I get. Will they stamp the old Passports or new ones, if they come before the acceptance letter.

Cheers, ger
Hi there,when we went for our meds they only wanted to have a look at them,not keep them,we needed a new one for our son,as we go 2nd 04 to Perth,we didnt relize this till we got our grant letter,so we sent off for a new one to the passport office (it took 2 weeks ,quicker if you use the post office,)then when we sent of our passports to the AHC in london to get our visas put ,we included finleys old one and new,
They put his sticker in the new one and sent them all back,including his old one,
hope it helps
natasha
I also emailed my case officer regarding this and she said it was no probs!!!
Old May 4th 2004, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi

our updated passports had not arrived when we went for our meds!

The doctor just signs your attached photos on the med forms and states that he hasn't seen your passports!

(There is a box allowing the dr to confirm that he has/hasn't seen your passports.)

Hope this helps.