Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another parents visa question

Another parents visa question

Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:00 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Question Another parents visa question

My brother has just applied (should have no probs as he is a teacher) that will mean both my brothers and myself will all be in Aus on permanent visas. This brings me to my parents, neither of them will have any family in the UK other than the odd cousin here and there, (all their parents are dead and they dont have any brothers or sisters) apart from the contributary retirement visa, is there a sort of "all my family have buggered off, can I join them quickly" type of visa? I have heard there is a visa that allows for pretty quick departure from the UK if all your children and all your grandclildren are abroad, so long as you dont have any living parents.......is this correct?

Cheers if you can advise.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:16 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another parents visa question

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
My brother has just applied (should have no probs as he is a teacher) that will mean both my brothers and myself will all be in Aus on permanent visas. This brings me to my parents, neither of them will have any family in the UK other than the odd cousin here and there, (all their parents are dead and they dont have any brothers or sisters) apart from the contributary retirement visa, is there a sort of "all my family have buggered off, can I join them quickly" type of visa? I have heard there is a visa that allows for pretty quick departure from the UK if all your children and all your grandclildren are abroad, so long as you dont have any living parents.......is this correct?

Not really.

The parent contributory visa is designed for this. It looks like they would be eligible.

There is a 'last remaining relative visa' but this is difficult and not designed for parents.

G
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:30 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

I've sent you a PM

Lynn
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:07 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the replies, I know it can be done, and will look into it further.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:22 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies, I know it can be done, and will look into it further.

The visa you have heard about is probably the contributory parent visa.

G