Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another newbie- Scotland to OZ

Another newbie- Scotland to OZ

Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:52 am
Just Joined

roseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really nice
Default Another newbie- Scotland to OZ

Hi,

i've just joined this site today and i have to say it's brilliant, you people have a great sense of humour.

I'm a newlywed looking for new horizons. My husband and i (still love saying that lol) have decided we need a new life, a better quality of life and have decided Austrailia might be able to give us that. I am so excited at the prospect.

Mark has an auntie in NSW, Shell Harbour i think. So we are going to visit her and see a bit of the country with a view to emmigrating. Mark is also doing his degree and hopes to become a computer programmer in the next 3 years. After that we hope to have everything in place to come to OZ.

Any advise u have would be great, particularly on timelines for visa etc. When should we start applying, does it take years and start preparing now or months so wait till we r ready to move?

But most of all i'm really keen to make friends and hopefully meet u all wen i get out there

Carrie xxx
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

pepsiuk will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Another newbie- Scotland to OZ

Hi Carrie
Welcome to BE!!
Myself and OH are planning on gold coast in Queensland. We are still at the beginning of the process (Trade skills assessment). As for timelines it really depends on what visa you will be going on. We are going on a skilled-sponsored (subclass 176, state) we have been told from between 9-15months from our agent.
Good luck with whatever you decide
Andrea
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

roseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really niceroseredskye is just really nice

Hi Andrea

thanks for replying, was beginning to think no one wanted to talk to me .

I think QL looks beautiful. Although it seems hard to pick an area there are so many lovely places. We will prob go over on a skill/sponsered visa too, gos it's all so daunting lol.

xx
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:20 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roseredskye
Hi,

i've just joined this site today and i have to say it's brilliant, you people have a great sense of humour.

I'm a newlywed looking for new horizons. My husband and i (still love saying that lol) have decided we need a new life, a better quality of life and have decided Austrailia might be able to give us that. I am so excited at the prospect.

Mark has an auntie in NSW, Shell Harbour i think. So we are going to visit her and see a bit of the country with a view to emmigrating. Mark is also doing his degree and hopes to become a computer programmer in the next 3 years. After that we hope to have everything in place to come to OZ.

Any advise u have would be great, particularly on timelines for visa etc. When should we start applying, does it take years and start preparing now or months so wait till we r ready to move?

But most of all i'm really keen to make friends and hopefully meet u all wen i get out there

Carrie xxx

Welcome to BE. Lots of info and mad folk on here. Ask away....

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Carrie xxx

Hiya just wanted to say welcome too!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:07 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Carrie xxx
Hi and welcome
if you are thinking of a sponser visa, then there are plenty of computer companies here and we do know of quite a few companies that might be willing to sponser if you resume is good,if you do get a sponser visa we could have you here within 4/6 months
all the best
Trev
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Trevski
Hi and welcome
if you are thinking of a sponser visa, then there are plenty of computer companies here and we do know of quite a few companies that might be willing to sponser if you resume is good,if you do get a sponser visa we could have you here within 4/6 months
all the best
Trev

Thanks to everyone who's replied.

Trevski- Would there be graduate jobs available to my husband or would it be best for him to get a year or so's experience?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:45 pm
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks to everyone who's replied.

Trevski- Would there be graduate jobs available to my husband or would it be best for him to get a year or so's experience?
hi
can you send me more info on his pc experince,back round etc and i will ask a few people
thxs