Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another Medicals Question (or two!)

Another Medicals Question (or two!)

Old May 27th 2004, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of
Default Another Medicals Question (or two!)

A couple of fairly specific questions about medicals if anyone can help?

I know that the question of abnormal smears has been brought up before and I've searched all the threads etc but can't find the answer to my question..............

I've had a cone biopsy and just had my first smear since but am due for medicals in a couple of weeks and probably won't get the result in time so.........

.....does anyone know if my medicals will be delayed while my results are being processed? I know the result shouldn't effect the final decision but will they want the result first (if you see what I mean?).

Also my husband has an ongoing problem with an appendiceal abscess and is still waiting for surgery, again I know it's not a serious enough problem to stop us going but do DIMIA like these sort of things to be resolved before they grant a visa?

Any help gratefully received
Old May 27th 2004, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I would try and obtain letters from your doctor/consultant, clearly explaining the situation.
get them to write as much as poss.........diagnosis, prognosis and medication taken etc..
Old May 27th 2004, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I don't know whether this will be much help, but I had an abnormal smear a couple of years ago and had LEAP treatment. I am still on yearly smears and so far (touch wood!) they are all clear. When I went for my Oz medical the Dr said that he wasn't interested as I'd had a clear test since having the LEAP.

If you can, try and get the results from the cone biopsy before you have your medical....you should be able to ring the hospital and get the results over the phone...if you explain that you need them for a medical I'm sure they will be able to tell you something.

The best advice I can give is to be totally up front and honest with the GP doing the medical. Our medical Dr also said that even if you have something wrong it doesn't automatically mean that you'll be excluded...they just want to know about it.

Good luck on getting your all clear.

Salli
Old May 27th 2004, 2:25 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

It is best to be completely honest and open at the medicals.
Most conditions people worry about will not fail them.
If you are dishonest and it comes to light later your visa Can be withdrawn.

This is a general point at not aimed at anyone in particular.I just thought it worth a reminder.

G
Old May 27th 2004, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

my immigration doctor wanted a detailed letter from my GP as to what i had done before he sent it off as he said they(oz) would only request the info later and delay the process.
good luck
donna