Reload this Page >

Another introduction!

Another introduction!

Old Nov 8th 2006, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Fooo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another introduction!

Hello All!

I'm currently living in the UK, just south of Manchester, and have been since I was 9 years old. I was actually born in Sandringham - Victoria but spent most of the first decade of my life out in Gippsland (nr Warragul).

While living in the UK, I've met a lovely lady and we now have a 4 year old daughter too. It has always been an ambition of mine to return to Victoria but it has never felt right for my wife. That was until about 2 weeks ago when she actually brought the subject up...!

Now I sit here 2 weeks down the line, absolutely shattered from conversations going into the early hours and endless hours on the internet trying to draw every ounce of info out to base our decisions on.

And so this brings me here and to this intro (signed up at BritVics today too as Willo)! The forum looks great and I'm sure will be an invaluable resource to us over the coming 12 to 18 months. I have sooo many questions to ask, which I sort of feel odd about actually being an Aussie and all but for now I best leave it just at a hello! Or should that be G'day!

Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:35 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another introduction!

Originally Posted by Fooo
Hello All!

I'm currently living in the UK, just south of Manchester, and have been since I was 9 years old. I was actually born in Sandringham - Victoria but spent most of the first decade of my life out in Gippsland (nr Warragul).

While living in the UK, I've met a lovely lady and we now have a 4 year old daughter too. It has always been an ambition of mine to return to Victoria but it has never felt right for my wife. That was until about 2 weeks ago when she actually brought the subject up...!

Now I sit here 2 weeks down the line, absolutely shattered from conversations going into the early hours and endless hours on the internet trying to draw every ounce of info out to base our decisions on.

And so this brings me here and to this intro (signed up at BritVics today too as Willo)! The forum looks great and I'm sure will be an invaluable resource to us over the coming 12 to 18 months. I have sooo many questions to ask, which I sort of feel odd about actually being an Aussie and all but for now I best leave it just at a hello! Or should that be G'day!

G'day back atcha

I've not been here long, but I've really found loads of info and useful links - hopefully you'll find it a help too. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Lynne
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dreamy
G'day back atcha

I've not been here long, but I've really found loads of info and useful links - hopefully you'll find it a help too. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Lynne
Cheers Lynne! If I lived in York though the decision would be harder to make. York's one of my favourite places in England

I'll let a few people read my intro before I really start pecking their head!

Jon
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All!

Hi you'll find there are a few other aussies who come on here check out the barbie
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by curly
Hi you'll find there are a few other aussies who come on here check out the barbie
I will do! Cheers for that Curly

It's funny although I am still very proud of my Aussie heritage. With spending so long in the UK I sort of feel more English than Australian now. Being only 9 when I left and being away for nearly 20 years certainly hasn't helped me keep up to date on what issues to consider when planning a move like this either.

Although I would be coming 'home' it feels in most ways like emmigrating - just without the nasty forms to fill in
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

I will do! Cheers for that Curly

It's funny although I am still very proud of my Aussie heritage. With spending so long in the UK I sort of feel more English than Australian now. Being only 9 when I left and being away for nearly 20 years certainly hasn't helped me keep up to date on what issues to consider when planning a move like this either.

Although I would be coming 'home' it feels in most ways like emmigrating - just without the nasty forms to fill in
'Vash' is an Aussie, so look out for him dont mean it as look out for as watch him mean...... well oh you know!!!!!!! he's very nice
Old Nov 10th 2006, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Will keep an eye out for him Curly! Cheers

It's funny a few things stick in my mind about my time in oz. The main one is the sheer number of stars at night! We used to set up an old portable tele on the veranda and watch the day/night matches under them all. It was great!

Another thing that sticks in my mind was the boiled and fried dim sum from our local chip shop! They also did something called a sea shanty or something like that... Remember being gutted when my mum took us to the chippy for the first time in the UK and not being able to get them! Probably wont do them anymore like but they were nice!

I also remember when the cool change would come in! After a couple of weeks of hot weather the cool change would blow in and we would open up all the doors and let it come right through the house.

Happy days

Last edited by Fooo; Nov 10th 2006 at 1:09 pm.